Unique and Divination Card Drop Rate Changes in 2.0.3

I for one am super pessimistic about the overall impact on the game with this change. Not a fan of this change at all.
"
kcstar wrote:
You had your luck in beta, collected all these nice legacy T1 uniques and you are never forced to trade for them at any time... you probably have snowballed your wealth with legacy mf gear, even now you have better chances of getting this juicy T1s ... good for you. I have not found a single one in 3000+ hours

On the other hand maps... I personally have absolutely no problem with maps/map progression... and I have not bought a single map since 2.0

This game's RNG can be punishing like hell and if this becomes SLIGHTLY (!!) better, I am on the hypetrain and do not care about any rich mens concerns.

I don't MF, I have no 'wealth' in orbs.

You have no problem with map progression and haven't bought a single map? Why is that? Because, by any chance, you use the orbs that other people find?

Look, I'm not saying I'm against the buff to T1 uniques, whatever, 4 times quicker finding a T1 in a permanent league, whatever, it's a permanent league, if a Shav's takes 2,000 hours or 8,000 hours. 4 times quicker finding a T1 in a temp league? Chances are you are still going to just buy it or do without. The point is that the shav's could just drop, at any time. You are not going to get and maintain appropriate content for that shav's without the use of 'trade gated wealth'.

I'll just repeat...

Using the term "Increasing the drop rates in this way means that more players will get to play builds that were previously gated behind trade wealth" while leaving the appropriate content gated behind trade wealth is, ...I'm gonna risk probation if I go on.
Casually casual.

4 times 0 is still 0 :]
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
"
Grindrix wrote:
OMG 4x the shavs.

Wow

well, 4*0 still = 0 sooo... :)
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
Nooes. This is horrible news for this game :(

Couldn't they just do this exclusively in standard league and multiply all drop rates by 20 so the rest of us can play a real game :(?

Damn. Shocked. Will wait and see how this plays out, but I for one am not a fan of this change at all!
Feel like I'm gated more behind low map drop rates than items allowing me to do them. Maybe a little love there?
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
"
kcstar wrote:
Finally... damn that was needed!

"
"While we like the fact that those builds take massive effort to complete, it was probably too much. Increasing the drop rates in this way means that more players will get to play builds that were previously gated behind trade wealth."

3000 hours into the game and I have never seen a Kaoms, Shavs, Mjölnir or anything like this drop... even with leagacy mf gear in perma hc... and not a single goldrim since 2.0... that's maybe "unlucky" but I am sick of grinding thousands of hours for alterations and never see something good drop. I hope I now have at least a chance of getting one of these without trading... I hate trading (in generell) but in PoE it's the biggest pain since D2, that's why I refuse to trade except for orbs.

I wish you guys at GGG would discuss such dropchanges (like in 2.0) with the community before you patch frustration into the game. Nevertheless, today seems to be a good day.

Same. I've put well over 5k hours in and don't have shit to my name. Getting fed up with it. PoE's fun (clearly), but I'd rather like to experience more of the game at this point.

Thanks to RNG hitting all 1's for me I don't get to. :(
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
While this is kinda awesome it also worries me.

PoE is heading in the direction of D3.
Dont get me wrong i love d3, its a blast to play for 1-2 weeks at the start of a new season. But thats it, you then reach the point where you farm a very long time for very small upgrades, and it gets stale.

Quadrupling the drop rate of the rarest uniques does not make them 4 times cheaper. at some point the demand is saturated and those items will sell for a whole lot less.

With the coolest uniques becoming very accessible you will soon aquire those and either work towards upgrading your rare rings/armors etc. to have +15 life, 20% more resists etc. Goals that are very boring to work towards or flat out quit the game.

For me personally the tiny chance of dropping a t1 unique was one of, if not THE biggest motivation for playing the game. Yes it almost never happens, but when it finally does its GLORIOUS.

I understand catering to the masses that demand instant gratification might be necessary to get the playerbase/income needed to provide the game with sufficient funds.
It seems like a dangerous trend though, at that point PoE blends in towards with the arpg competition and will be just one of many.

tldr: Working towards those cool uniques will be replaced by working towards much more boring upgrades on other slots/rares.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

You have no problem with map progression and haven't bought a single map? Why is that? Because, by any chance, you use the orbs that other people find?

I am sitting on a mountain of crafting orbs. I only trade for items I am unable to find/grind myself... exalts, Uber stuff... < I play hc - I do my zana daily and bought at the beginning of 2.0 new 74s and started from there, it was never a problem for me to have suited content for my char... but I had problems getting any build enabling stuff... except I want to play the trading game, which I HATE in generell but especially in PoE.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Look, I'm not saying I'm against the buff to T1 uniques, whatever, 4 times quicker finding a T1 in a permanent league, whatever, it's a permanent league, if a Shav's takes 2,000 hours or 8,000 hours. 4 times quicker finding a T1 in a temp league? Chances are you are still going to just buy it or do without. The point is that the shav's could just drop, at any time. You are not going to get and maintain appropriate content for that shav's without the use of 'trade gated wealth'.

I'll just repeat...

Using the term "Increasing the drop rates in this way means that more players will get to play builds that were previously gated behind trade wealth" while leaving the appropriate content gated behind trade wealth is, ...I'm gonna risk probation if I go on.

Everything that drops is RNG gated... I am blessed with maps, you are blessed with items... and we both think it should be the opposite because we don't have what we want (or need). The fact is... everybody is at the moment a bit salty because of anything... I don't mind if anyone can grind 82s all day, if they like... but hell... after 2 years of grinding and 3000 hours of disappointment I am happy about any good news that adresses this issue... these uniques are ment to be build enabling not the holy grail after you are almost bored of this bs.
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
Last edited by kcstar on Sep 1, 2015, 11:01:25 AM
So we are going to have like 20 new vendor tier uniques?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info