Master Crafting Metamods

I don't know, in my opinion ultimately the prices are determined by the majority of the playerbase and by what they're ready to pay. Off course the situation right now is a bit crazy, this whole mirrorgate thing blew up not even a week ago, but if the majority of players consider an exalted should not cost more than 30 or 40, then it will go down to this price naturally.
But, there's something else that is never considered when we're discussing currencies Everybody is comparing chaos:exalts ratio to the ratio 1 year ago or 2 years ago when it was 1:30 or something, but that's fundamentally wrong because farming 30 chaos in 2.0 is WAY easier than it was 6 months ago and WAY WAY easier than it was 2 years ago. With the additions of all the stuff from the previous leagues, the generally upped droprates, the addition of new zones with easy to reach boss with lots of loots (looking at you voll), etc etc... the game is literally flooded with loots now. I'm pretty sure it's faster to farm 70 chaos now than it was to farm 30 chaos a year ago. I never had such wealth in currency + good loots after 1.5 months in previous temp leagues than I have currently in tempest.
"
Dawmz wrote:
I don't know, in my opinion ultimately the prices are determined by the majority of the playerbase and by what they're ready to pay.

Bullshit, this entire thread is about how the price of Exalts in Warbands was gamed by a small group of insiders. But no matter, it'll all be dumped into Standard soon enough, amiright?
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
Dawmz wrote:
I don't know, in my opinion ultimately the prices are determined by the majority of the playerbase and by what they're ready to pay.

Bullshit, this entire thread is about how the price of Exalts in Warbands was gamed by a small group of insiders. But no matter, it'll all be dumped into Standard soon enough, amiright?

That's funny since exalt price is also rising on tempest where this group does not exist.
But, you're making my argument for me, if the exalt price on warband is solely due to lightwoods and the mirrorgate, then no need to change the game, the price will be back to "normal" in the next league.
EDIT: Eh, fuck it.

Last edited by Xendran on Aug 26, 2015, 8:29:12 AM
"
Chris wrote:
Orb of Scouring says "Removes all properties from an item"! Why doesn't it remove mods that are locked?

The purpose of Mods is to override the regular game rules. If you have an item that says "You Can't Be Frozen", then that overrules the game rules that freeze you. In this case, the "Prefixes Cannot Be Changed" mod that you can explicitly add to an item overrules the static behaviour of the Orb of Scouring. Removal counts as a change.

Note that this explanation that they affect crafting rules was made in the initial patch notes when the metamods were released.

If removing properties is a change, wouldn't adding properties also be a change? So if I have "Cannot Change Suffixes" should I not be able to add Suffixes to that item?

Given your explanation the expected behavior is that only prefix mods can be added by exalting an item with "Cannot Change Suffixes."
What ? You can't "change" something that doesnt exist in the first place. Removing a prefix is changing it, Adding a prefix is not since there's nothing to change to begin with. What you say would make sense if the mod was "Cannot change suffixes slots" or something.
"
Dawmz wrote:
...if the exalt price on warband is solely due to lightwoods and the mirrorgate, then no need to change the game, the price will be back to "normal" in the next league.

In other words, RIP Warbands, bring on the next "fresh start".
"
Dawmz wrote:
I don't know, in my opinion ultimately the prices are determined by the majority of the playerbase and by what they're ready to pay. Off course the situation right now is a bit crazy, this whole mirrorgate thing blew up not even a week ago, but if the majority of players consider an exalted should not cost more than 30 or 40, then it will go down to this price naturally.
But, there's something else that is never considered when we're discussing currencies Everybody is comparing chaos:exalts ratio to the ratio 1 year ago or 2 years ago when it was 1:30 or something, but that's fundamentally wrong because farming 30 chaos in 2.0 is WAY easier than it was 6 months ago and WAY WAY easier than it was 2 years ago. With the additions of all the stuff from the previous leagues, the generally upped droprates, the addition of new zones with easy to reach boss with lots of loots (looking at you voll), etc etc... the game is literally flooded with loots now. I'm pretty sure it's faster to farm 70 chaos now than it was to farm 30 chaos a year ago. I never had such wealth in currency + good loots after 1.5 months in previous temp leagues than I have currently in tempest.

agree with some of what you say, but theres a few things where I differ in opinion.

Prices determined by what we are willing to pay, I dont think thats how it works. Players need exalts if they want to craft with exalts, players need exalts if they want to buy mid tier items in trade. So its like saying if people think a loaf of bread is worth $1 and the market price due to availability is $30 people wont buy bread. Well when the alternative is starving to death then they have no choice. If your options are paying the 80 chaos for an exalt or not taking part in mid tier item trading/crafting and removing those possibilities makes the game not worth playing for you then its either stop playing the game or pay the 80 chaos. You have a choice but you dont end up paying because you think 80c is worth it or even remotely acceptable, you pay because its a choice between paying and an alternative that is not a valid choice. You have to eat, thats the bottom line, its no good telling people they have the choice to starve to death if they dont like the price of food.

Chaos recipe used to be any ilvl of gear in open beta, there has never been an easier way to generate chaos than we had back then, and at the time exalts started at 15 chaos each and stayed at 30c or less while that was in place. There was along time in between then and now where what you are saying is absolutely true, its easier to get C now than it has been in a fairly long time but if you go back a bit further it was a different story. When the first temp leagues came around the exalt ratio went up to 55c in the temp while on standard it was still 25-30c, and then that craziness merged with standard league and completely warped what was going on there.

Exalts in temp leagues and the mass scramble to acquire them feels to me like air dropping a pallet of food big enough to feed 100 people into a crowd of 50,000 starving human beings in africa. The desperation, the melee, the way it brings out the worst in people, the sheer disgusting horror of it all. It makes me hate temp leagues, Ive always hated that scramble, its so ugly and negative that it was already at a point where I felt like "you know what? fuck this, its bullshit." And that was back when it was hitting 50c.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Exalts in temp leagues and the mass scramble to acquire them feels to me like air dropping a pallet of food big enough to feed 100 people into a crowd of 50,000 starving human beings in africa. The desperation, the melee, the way it brings out the worst in people, the sheer disgusting horror of it all. It makes me hate temp leagues, Ive always hated that scramble, its so ugly and negative that it was already at a point where I felt like "you know what? fuck this, its bullshit." And that was back when it was hitting 50c.

Why? All the cool boys and girls on this forum say temporary leagues is the only part of PoE ever worth playing tho.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Jentry wrote:
THANK YOU CHRIS !
Thank you for confirming that the claim of 72 mirrors is inaccurate. As far as the private profile data, all I can tell you is that I know with 100% certainty that it is possible to see through the "Private" part of the profile. I know this because, as I described, it is the root of how I figured out the crafting methodology that was apparently "Public" for the last year. Over the past month I have been communicating with different coders and tools developers who are in our community. Most of these guys have amazing knowledge about the game that goes way beyond what I had previously imagined. It was in my discussions with these guys that I found that a small few of them could post string data on the item information of peoples private profile. Discussing this with them over voice I could hear that they were ashamed of this, but I think, that as with most hackers, they did things in the spirit of learning, and while absolutely "Nefarious" they had not utilized this knowledge for any substantial harm. Mainly they used it to learn interesting tidbits of information (like how Ventor has Two of a certain item that he claims he has only one of and is trying to sell for 1500 exalts). Now as you might imagine, my disclosure of certain facts yesterday publicly has obliterated the trust and communication pathway with many of these guys. Especially the few whose actions, if made public, would harm their reputation in the community that they love and have spent hundreds of hours programming to support. But, unlike the 72 mirrors, my claim of the "Private" data penetration to acquire string data of equipped items and other interesting information, is not inaccurate. So Chris, I reiterate, I notice you have a Private Profile that has been Private for a LONG time, why don't you equip an interesting rare item, or a unique item that has never been announced to the community, and have people guess. I know my buddies cannot resist this type of a challenge, especially if the carrot was a new unique item in development or something interesting. When you start to have people submit guesses that are correct it will positively indicate what I say is true, and then you will be able to see how people are doing this, and take actions to stop this "Nefarious" action. At the same time, my coder buddies, will not have to out themselves, and will be able to avoid any unnecessary scrutiny from yourself or the community. Personally, I really want to participate in a stream with some of the top PUBLIC coders. I am going to try to contact those guys, who I don't know well, and solicit them to participate in a discussion on twitch today titled ELI5 "Tool Development and Coding for POE".

Confirmed for troll in the Q&A. Your reliability is now officially Ventor-tier :P
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info