Master Crafting Metamods

"
jaredh wrote:

2 - you code secret game defining stuff and don't tell anybody about it. Dumbest thing I've ever seen from a game developer

how is that a 'dumb' thing per se ?

have you played doom II? the best and coolest weapon (chainsaw) was hidden on purpose, right at the start of the game
When will you stop fooling people ?
What is there to win with such a behavior ?
This is crazy, you are just making people mad... Unbelievable.
imo it's pretty neat that these players figured it out, props to them

And GG items will be cheaper to normal players.

But exa prices are rising, and so are prices of items priced with exalted orbs. People have been claiming its just chaos dropping, but items priced in chaos haven't really changed that much either.

Only real problem with this.
I love that the team at GGG isn't changing anything over this!
I would just like to take a moment to thank everyone involved in the DarthVentorgate debacle for one of the most hilarious days in PoEs history. The lols in guild chat today were extreme and I still cant get the smile off my face.

There were some unsettling possibilities in the melting pot of confusing as things went along but I think with the facts regarding "was this changed in 2.0?" now on the table a lot of people seem to be struggling to let go of the negativity and the want to blame GGG for... something. A lot of misguided finger pointing still going on imo over an issue thats sort of a non issue.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Zed_ wrote:
Some of the information revealed in the recent days was heavily gated by wealth. I find it bizarre that you were OK with a major feature of your mini-expansion going unrecognized by the majority of your playerbase for an entire year.

Reposting this line out of Zed_'s post because it says so much.

they do have a point here though guys, actually a very valid, very big point. I dont rly care about how many mirrors lightwoods has, but from a design point of view, from a game point of view, take a moment to think about this GGG. Are you designing a game that is supposed to be fun with tools for players to play the game or are you designing a cut throat economy simulator? At what point are you ok with gameplay features and mechanics taking a back seat to social and economic experiments, pvp trading and that whole side of things?

Recently Qarl talked about expert players maintaining 79+ maps, and by expert he literally means players in temp leagues who find a means of having an economic advantage and buy maps with it. He doesnt mean skilled players, he doesnt mean players with good builds, he doesnt even mean players who invest in rolling maps or who have good gear. It literally comes down to players who are willing to buy their access to the game from the xyz unofficial auction house. That is what you class as expert players and you seem fine with them being the only people who your endgame properly functions for. You class them as 'experts' and everyone else can basically get fucked for not being 'expert' enough to buy their endgame access and choosing to merely play the game instead.

While this thread is embarrassingly full of over reactions and silly sauce, I think Chris, Qarl and the gang, you guys need to really sit down and think about what you are doing with this game. Is this still an ARPG game first and foremost? Or is this an economy simulator? Because the negativity in here, the negativity about crafting in general, the negativity about your map system, the negativity that has held this game back and cost it a large amount of players over the last 2+ years is largely down to the fact that you put your economy simulator ahead of the ARPG that most of us came here for and you are quite happy for the game to literally not function in many areas for the majority of your player base to facilitate this obsession with your economy simulator pyramid bullshit.

It will be the end of your ARPG fan base eventually and that will leave no community for your little money games to exist in.

"
70 | 1 is a pretty broken economy lol

I have to agree with the young lady here.

The drop rate of exalts remains absurd, its not healthy, its a physiological barrier to entry for a lot of players, it fucks crafting, its just terrible. One of a number of reasons I dont even want to play temp leagues in this game again, theyre fucked, temp league economies are simply fucked by the exalt situation that always exists and imo, that kills the games longevity as they are its main source of freshness. Now its even worse? Ya, no thanks.

"
Dawmz wrote:
I don't know why you guys care so much that exalt is now 1:70c. It could be 1:10 or 1:100, it doesn't really matter, except for those who want to effectively use exalts for crafting.

god forbid that we actually use crafting material for crafting right? Except those strange, unlikely little band of people who actually want to craft, in an arpg loot game, with an extensive crafting system...

I'm more concerned over Warbands economy. Almost my entire guild has moved on to Tempest, some nice folk there too!

Not going to go on a long rant because what can I really say that hasn't been said after reading this massive heap of anger.

"
Skymence wrote:
And GG items will be cheaper to normal players.

15ex yesterday - 1050 chaos
10ex today - 1000 chaos

such GG
much cheaper
Time for a new league, isn`t it?
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Zed_ wrote:
Some of the information revealed in the recent days was heavily gated by wealth. I find it bizarre that you were OK with a major feature of your mini-expansion going unrecognized by the majority of your playerbase for an entire year.

Reposting this line out of Zed_'s post because it says so much.

they do have a point here though guys, actually a very valid, very big point. I dont rly care about how many mirrors lightwoods has, but from a design point of view, from a game point of view, take a moment to think about this GGG. Are you designing a game that is supposed to be fun with tools for players to play the game or are you designing a cut throat economy simulator? At what point are you ok with gameplay features and mechanics taking a back seat to social and economic experiments, pvp trading and that whole side of things?

nothing has really changed with the 'modgate' tho - things in poe were, are and will be gated by wealth since you can trade anything and everything. I dont see why the 'modgate' has to have this fact brought under a microscope.

there are two ways to generate wealth (putting the three lettered animal aside) -1)trading 2)farming, and first way is much, much easier in terms of efficiency.

so to answer your question, why cant it have both ? they arent mutually exclusive. tons of people had fun with poe without the new mods and without knowing someone out there was making tons of mirrors by using a goldmine no one knew about.

btw, this particular goldmine also was gated by playtime and master grind

majority people in poe will not attempt uber. majority of people in poe will never have enough currency for a top mirrored item. there's a lot of things majority of people will not do in poe, I dont see why we have to single out a mod that was simply undocumented. we had the SAME very situation with GCP recipe, it was simply less in magnitude, but the gist of situation was exactly the same.

"
Preec0c wrote:
My Steam tells me that i played at least 150 hrs in this League.

I'm just an average Player
- Ladder playing only
- Coming back from time to time
- never lvl'd higher than 90

I played for more than 100 hours now in Warbands
Rsults are 87, 78 and 68 Charcters

I dropped 1 Ex yet and a few Items which may be worth ~4-5 Ex in total
This massive Dropluck wasn't frustrating enough for me to stop again.
That i bought my armor for 420 Points days before you sell it for much less wasn't frustrating enough for me to stop again.
That I currently don't find the right character for me to play with wasn't frustrating enough for me to stop again.

But after reading this...

GGG, I really like this game - but what I see here....

It's the same shit
much of those Upper-Class people do in Real-Life.
They use any Possiblity to get Richer and take more from the poor.

Keeping something like this as a little secret and waiting for average Players to find out by themselves....
What you did here is like waiting that a Father of 3 Children with 2 Jobs finds out how he can avoid paying taxes if he puts his money to banks in other lands.... but which money?
Don't you realize that most normal players would (COULD!) never invest 2 ex just to try out if some affixes are still there after using an Orb whose Tooltip says that it erases "EVERYTHING"?

I'm short before saying words i would regret...

WoOW.... frustration level reached... I'll check the next Ladder.

My interest in POE rushed from 100 to 0 in Minutes.
7 hrs ago I was talking with a friend about that I love that even if i stop playing for some months I can always come back - but i swear, that I've never been that pissed when i stopped.

So long and thx for all the fish
Pree

jesus fucking christ it's not

i can't tell if you people are overly dramatic or just dumb
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info