Reduced Mana Cost

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Reduced Mana's Quality bonus is Reduced Mana Cost. Auras do not have a Mana Cost, but a Mana Reservation. The Quality bonus doesn't apply to Auras.

Currently Quality is meaningless for Auras. Might it be possible to make the Q apply to reservation as well?
Should be renamed to Less Mana Cost, as the effects are multiplicative with reduction from passives instead of additive. Either that or it is misbehaving when paired with aura reservation passives. I just noticed the build I was playing isn't going to work as expected because of that; pretty much threw the last of week of playing in the garbage bin.
Hey there, I have got a problem with not enough accurate reduced mana calculations.

I use
reduced mana - tempest shield - culling strike - item quantity
on my duelist

Hes got around 3.5K life using passive blood magic build, so I can only use auras on health (got 40% less mana reserved passive). The problem is the result of tempest shield reservation is 12% life (rounded ??).

When I had used low lvl reduced mana, it reserved 13% life. Through lvling character reduced mana constantly has been reducting its multipler, but one day it switched to 12% (no indirect state).

It seems the final % life reserved is rounded to full percent. Every 0.1% while char have 3.5K life is 3.5 life. So it reserves around 450 life, and few mana recudction lvls later its 400, but it does not reserve something like 420-430 on middl lvs.

My simple question is why the % reserved is rounded in such accurate game? (even dps is counted to 0.1dmg/s)
IGN: Free_hugging
I am usually online at GMT+1 evening times.

Generate filters using poe.ninja data using my item filter tool: https://github.com/Xeverous/filter_spirit
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The main effect of the gem is the mana cost multiplier (we need to find a better name for these). This as with the multipliers on all supports, affect both mana costs and mana reservation amounts.

The quality bonus is a stat which reduces mana costs. It does not apply to mana reservation, only costs. As I mentioned in another thread, I've suggested to Carl that we could add reservation reduction to the quality bonus as well, but I have no idea of the balance implications of that. We'll see.

Mark,

You mentioned this over a 1.5 years ago. Any chance that the quality bonus will be re-worked to apply to mana reservation costs as well? It doesn't makes sense to only reduce mana costs. It should be a mana multiplier reduction like the gem itself.

To be honest, I'm still disappointed with the changes that were made to auras...
IGN: DrunkBarbarian / SupernalScion
So I vaaled this

and I also have 21% reduced mana reservation nodes from the shadow/ranger passives.

A 60% with a level 20 reduced gem goes to 34% mana reserved.
60 - (60*0.21) = 47.4 (48% on tooltip)
47.4*0.71= 33.654 % (34% on tooltip)

A 60% with a level 21 reduced gem is still at 34% mana reserved.
60 - (60*0.21) = 47.4
47.4*0.70 = 33.18 %

So I'm guessing the rounding of numbers made my level 21 reduced mana gem useless. :(
To crit or not to crit ?
Last edited by Slagmaur on Mar 12, 2014, 2:36:29 PM
Just a little correction:

Base Reserve is calculated first - this includes Supports, and is thus where RM goes.
60 * 0.7 = 42
60 * 0.71 = 42.6

Path of Exile always rounds down, so either case gets you 42% Base Reserved. That's why it doesn't matter for percent-Auras (40% becomes 28% either way, and reaches that at RM lv19).

Once that's done, the amount of Reduction is calculated, rounded, and subtracted from the Base:
42 * 0.21 = 8.82
42 - 8 = 34% Reserved

The same can be achieved with factors and rounding up: 42 * 0.79 = 33.18 -> 34%
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 13, 2014, 7:52:55 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Just a little correction:

Base Reserve is calculated first - this includes Supports, and is thus where RM goes.
60 * 0.7 = 42
60 * 0.71 = 42.6

Path of Exile always rounds down, so either case gets you 42% Base Reserved. That's why it doesn't matter for percent-Auras (40% becomes 28% either way, and reaches that at RM lv19).

Once that's done, the amount of Reduction is calculated, rounded, and subtracted from the Base:
42 * 0.21 = 8.82
42 - 8 = 34% Reserved

The same can be achieved with factors and rounding up: 42 * 0.79 = 33.18 -> 34%
for reference, blood magic support would be at same time as the reduced mana step, right?

so... 60 * .71 [lv 20 reduced mana] * 1.96 [lv 20 BM] = 83.496 -> 83
and 60 * .7 * 1.94 = 81.48 -> 81
Well yes, it too is a Support :>
That's probably the only way a lv21 RM is going to be useful. I guess it's something!
I think they should just remove this gem completely and rebalance aura reservation costs. It is silly that everyone uses this gem with every aura. We don't have that many slots for skills and it is such a waste that we are required to use this gem along with every aura.
Last edited by Orbitalx on Apr 22, 2014, 11:13:07 AM
"
Orbitalx wrote:
We don't have that many slots for skills and it is such a waste that we are required to use this gem along with every aura.

That is the entire point though. If you want to optimise your Auras, you gotta give something up; a socket slot to be precise. Its existence also plays nice with +Gem Levels and Corruption; a level 22 RM further reduces Reserves.

On top of that, there's more than just Auras.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 22, 2014, 11:17:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info