Added Fire Damage

1. Damage Based On is calculated before Conversion, which occurs before Damage multipliers.
2. Damage Based On/Converted Damage benefits from the source's Damage multipliers on top of its own.
3. Increased Damage is always additive.

So B, but in reverse order.
Does quality from added Fire Damage gem increase

- Infernal Blow Fire Damage initial Hit ? (I guess yes)
- Infernal Blow explosion (that one I'm unsure)

Thanks in advance !
Yes and yes, respectively. It's all Damage dealt with the IB Gem, and the IB Gem has 10% Increased Fire Damage.
Fire damage support should be like cold damage support or lightning damage support.

converting physical damage to fire damage isn't fair for other cold damage and lightning damage.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
By the time Ignite is calculated, it's just one chunk of Fire Damage; there is no distinction between separate sources anymore, because they are no longer relevant.

So if I'm understanding this right, the 'base' damage of an ignite does include the 'added as fire' from this gem? That seems odd to me, since they tried to completely remove double dipping. Does it use "+x% Phys Added as Fire" of the BASE phys damage for that, rather than the final fire damage after all melee phys, WED, etc scaling?
Last edited by C0Y0T3_SLY on Jan 20, 2018, 6:24:55 PM
Well yes, you deal more Fire Damage after all. Added Damage doesn't double-dip though, I have no idea where you're going with that *shrug*

Added As occurs at the same time as Conversion, which is to say, before any percent-modifiers are accounted for. As always, Conversion/Added As benefits from modifiers to the source-type. This is explained at the top of this very page, mind you :P

(although I explained it as 'before Conversion' then, because that's generally easier to grasp, lol)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 20, 2018, 6:53:33 PM
the skill should probably get an updated description, considering

"supported skills deal x% of phys as extra fire damage" doesnt imply that the support only considers the skills own phys damage, not global phys damage

instead, shouldnt it read "supported skills deal x% of "their" physical damage as extra fire damage"?

i stumbled upon this by messing around with arc, and realizing the skill doesnt do anything for it, despite correctly linking to arc... which seems to be correct once you understand that the skill doesnt work as it implies it does (only working with the skills own phys damage, instead of global)
"
Maethendias wrote:
the skill should probably get an updated description, considering

"supported skills deal x% of phys as extra fire damage" doesnt imply that the support only considers the skills own phys damage, not global phys damage

instead, shouldnt it read "supported skills deal x% of "their" physical damage as extra fire damage"?

i stumbled upon this by messing around with arc, and realizing the skill doesnt do anything for it, despite correctly linking to arc... which seems to be correct once you understand that the skill doesnt work as it implies it does (only working with the skills own phys damage, instead of global)

What do you mean by global phys dmg? If you have global added phys dmg to your spell it will get converted as extra.
VAC RGL RGI SOE DCC
anyone else think that Added Fire Damage support should act like the other Added X Damage supports? I mean even before the Woke versions were added, there was a major rift between AFD and the other two... maybe GGG should just make a new trio/quartet of support gems that convert to X?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info