Added Chaos Damage

This gem is unbelievable:

Tip: slot a max rank added chaos damage in a CoC setup with 2 supported skill gems at level 1- frankly if you can reliably hit the max of 10 crits per second you'll still do plenty of damage(that's 400 chaos damage per proc for 4000 base DPS) and your entire damage output ignores reflect. Only downside is you pretty much need a 6L to make it work(or rather dropping to a 5L cuts your DPS in half).

Also Added chaos has made Cast on Damage Taken as a form of offense actually somewhat viable again. You can add 200 base damage(which is pretty close to the normal level 20 base damage for many spells) to your crappy low level spell linked to level 1 CoDT- you still suffer the less damage modifier, but the spell now has a base damage that is relevant late game.

Also bar none the best offensive support for Incinerate and Freezing Pulse- very strong choice on Storm Call and Spark too.

My only regret is that it's damn near impossible to use on attack based builds as they have to scale chaos damage seperately rather then getting a catchall "increased spell damage modifier"
Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
"
bilun wrote:
This gem is unbelievable:

Tip: slot a max rank added chaos damage in a CoC setup with 2 supported skill gems at level 1- frankly if you can reliably hit the max of 10 crits per second you'll still do plenty of damage(that's 400 chaos damage per proc for 4000 base DPS) and your entire damage output ignores reflect. Only downside is you pretty much need a 6L to make it work(or rather dropping to a 5L cuts your DPS in half).

Also Added chaos has made Cast on Damage Taken as a form of offense actually somewhat viable again. You can add 200 base damage(which is pretty close to the normal level 20 base damage for many spells) to your crappy low level spell linked to level 1 CoDT- you still suffer the less damage modifier, but the spell now has a base damage that is relevant late game.

Also bar none the best offensive support for Incinerate and Freezing Pulse- very strong choice on Storm Call and Spark too.

My only regret is that it's damn near impossible to use on attack based builds as they have to scale chaos damage seperately rather then getting a catchall "increased spell damage modifier"

I see so rather than having a high level CwDT on a regen char with as many high level skills for it to support linked to it with maybe a max leveled quality life or mana leech that also supports those skills, you try to cast as often as the CD with fewer skills that CwDT supports. Along those lines of thinking, with elemental equilibrium, and a faster casting blinding flame totem, I could use a low level arc with added lightning damage (lvl 20 q20) and either life leech or mana leech (mind over matter) with CwDT, to help the damage of my glacial hammer. Since I have resolute technique arc and added lightning damage should give me the greatest chance to shock.

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot about the 50% dmg effectiveness of arc. Maybe storm call is better.

Edit again: Wait, what about the penalty of damage for a lower level CwDT? The only thing that could make this worthwhile is almost a perfectly timed EE. Thoughts?
Last edited by Zindax on Feb 18, 2014, 6:54:39 PM
Is this is a sound-bug maybe or this working as intended ? :

Since some days i am using incinerate with CHAOS DAMAGE and all the time i am facing "fire only resist" mobs i have all the time an additional squeaking sound and not the common "only fire-incinerate-sound" ... that additional ugly nonstop squeaking sound realy affecting/"destroying" my game experience.

For reproducing the "issue" i took a 2 gem slot chest and put a fireball + CHAOS DAMAGE gem in it .. and the same thing happens, all the time hitting a "fire resist only" mob ... i can hear that additiooal squeaking sound.

Taking out CHAOS DAMAGE gem removes the squeaking sound on "fire resist only" mobs permanent.

Edit: If the mob has to the fire resist an additional elemental resist, i.e. cold resist, than that squeaking sound most of the time doesnt appear, only if the mob has a single fire resist on it, it allways appears.

Edit 2: Here are two videolinks which demonstrate what i am meaning:

Comparison with and without Added Chaos Damage=>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66pm1g8n4_s&feature=youtu.be

Nonstop squeaking sound -.- =>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUze4z2dRbI&feature=youtu.be

Edit 3: It although appears sometimes when the mob only have "elemental resist" on it and no other resists ... arrr my eaaars
Last edited by chrizs on Apr 20, 2014, 11:17:27 AM
"
chrizs wrote:
Is this is a sound-bug maybe or this working as intended ? :

Since some days i am using incinerate with CHAOS DAMAGE and all the time i am facing "fire only resist" mobs i have all the time an additional squeaking sound and not the common "only fire-incinerate-sound" ... that additional ugly nonstop squeaking sound realy affecting/"destroying" my game experience.

For reproducing the "issue" i took a 2 gem slot chest and put a fireball + CHAOS DAMAGE gem in it .. and the same thing happens, all the time hitting a "fire resist only" mob ... i can hear that additiooal squeaking sound.

Taking out CHAOS DAMAGE gem removes the squeaking sound on "fire resist only" mobs permanent.

Edit: If the mob has to the fire resist an additional elemental resist, i.e. cold resist, than that squeaking sound most of the time doesnt appear, only if the mob has a single fire resist on it, it allways appears.

Edit 2: Here are two videolinks which demonstrate what i am meaning:

Comparison with and without Added Chaos Damage=>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66pm1g8n4_s&feature=youtu.be

Nonstop squeaking sound -.- =>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUze4z2dRbI&feature=youtu.be

Edit 3: It although appears sometimes when the mob only have "elemental resist" on it and no other resists ... arrr my eaaars

Thats the sound of chaos damage.
If you listen carefully, each element has its own unique damage effect and sound.
(Note the little purple star bursts on the enemies you hit with added chaos damage, then compare to the crackles you see when you hit an enemy with lightning damage)
IGN: Jintoboy
Last edited by Jintoboy on Jun 27, 2014, 10:26:53 PM
Does the added chaos dmg scale of
- spell damage if link to a spell ?
- projectile dmg if link to a range attack ?
- both (or none) of the above in the case of EK ?
Last edited by 0versky on Jul 1, 2014, 1:04:57 PM
yes
yes
both
lv1 flameblast + echo + faster cast + lv20 added chaos = reflect-free, crazy burst damage.
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Buff Added Chaos Damage: 262-394 at 20 lvl
Buff Quality bonus: 2%
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Last edited by TreeOfDead on Nov 23, 2014, 8:11:19 PM
Last edited by matask on Oct 2, 2015, 5:53:35 AM
"
matask wrote:
I play Dual Flame Totem and use Added Chaos Damage. I just applied it +20% quality and it says it increase 10% of chaos damage. The thing I do not understand that it doesn't show up in the tooltip as extra damage, I checked tooltip with every gemcutter applied and tooltip dps didn't change, meanwhile applying gemcutters to e.g. faster projectiles gem the damage applied to tooltip dps of my flame totem. So I can't tell if I did get extra damage from quality added chaos damage or not?

Because now:
- quality Added Chaos Damage saying '10% increased Chaos Damage' didn't affect the tooltip.
- meanwhile quality Faster Projectiles '10% increased Cast Speed' did increase the tooltip dps.

I don't get it.

the 10% increase to chaos damage from gem is GLOBAL. It applies to any chaos damage you deal with skill, and is similar to how other "increased" modifiers work.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info