Shield Charge

One or two of the block clusters, Especially the ones around the Templar, should have had some bonus to the shield skills, like 15% increase effectiveness of shield skills in addition to say a +2 block node. This would make a lot more sense then to scale weapon damage to increase the damage of a shield.

Quite Frankly the shield skills in this game are quite lacking.

Could this be made to work with facebreakers at least? I see no reason why you can't charge with your shield while unarmed. Perhaps then it would see some use, and while a pale shadow to leap slam, facebreaker builds would at least have one movement skill.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
Could this be made to work with facebreakers at least? I see no reason why you can't charge with your shield while unarmed. Perhaps then it would see some use, and while a pale shadow to leap slam, facebreaker builds would at least have one movement skill.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

How hard would it really be for GGG to remove weapon from the description. It makes complete sense for it to be used with facebreakers since we have no other movement skills besides lightning warp, which really doesn't make much sense to use since you're not a caster.

Simple change that would be so huge for this skill.

if that was possible, then bows (if they hacked shields to be equipable) and wands would be able to shield charge too if i remember a dev explanation on why facebreakers doesn't work.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
if that was possible, then bows (if they hacked shields to be equipable) and wands would be able to shield charge too if i remember a dev explanation on why facebreakers doesn't work.

Surely there are ways around that? Code it to only work while wielding a melee weapon or unarmed, similar to Infernal Blow.
DEBUG this skill please!!! It has too much desynch + too much miss that can't be explained. At the moment this skill is totally unplayable.
Seriously, something needs to be done about this skill.
I recently got Resolute Technique, but Shield Charge still misses quite often. So many have already complained that the skill misses, if the target only moves an inch.

Please, would you finally do something about that?!

Leap Slam, Hurricane, Whirling Blades, all these have an area of effect, frankly I don't quite understand while Shield Charge doesn't.

Also as a side note, it'd be great (and logical) if Tempest Shield would trigger when a mob gets hit by Shield Charge.
When I was under the effect of Acceleration Shrine, I noticed I was recovering faster after the impact of Shield Charging and could charge more often. There is something that is buffing it, but it's not movement speed or attack speed. What are the exact bonus of Acceleration Shrine?
"
umuk wrote:
"
Grundnir wrote:
"
Avelice wrote:
The end animation is not affected by anything. Not attack speed, not movement speed, not base attack time of the weapon.

It should be effected by block recovery in my opinion.

I wish more of the ability was modified by the actual shield itself, rather than your equipped weapon.

This is the best idea for this skill.

I think they should fix the mechanics of this skill so you dont actually hit air half of the time and make the end animation effected by block recovery, so it may be a viable skill then.

I agree with this a lot.
Unwavering stance could also count as 150% block recovery or so, or nullify recovery like it does with evade.

After patch 1.30b the skill STILL misses a lot sadly.
Maybe it will always be a secondary or lower skill.
As it is now Shield Charge is not viable at all as a primary skill.
★ IGN: Pinockio_the_Transexual or PM me on forums ★
"
Starball wrote:

As it is now Shield Charge is not viable at all as a primary skill.

Nor does it need to be. It's a movement skill first and foremost, I'd be happy if it worked satisfactorily in that capacity.

As it stands it's a poor man's version of Whirling Blades - worse in every respect. It's slower, the delay at the end is longer, it doesn't damage anything in its path, actually hitting a mob with it is all but impossible. I'm actually better off running up to a mob with QS flask on and hitting it than charging, most likely missing, and suffering the recovery animation.

The only real use I've found for it is as a "GTFO button" for exploding boxes etc. - which is great, don't get me wrong, as Facebreakers didn't have anything of that sort previously and had to waste a flask spot on Quartz.

If Shield Charge is to work in a similar fashion as its namesakes in other games (that don't suffer from desync) it needs to have a small impact AoE (perhaps based on weapon range) and the recovery animation needs to be reduced (perhaps based on the all but useless shield and stun recovery stat).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info