Caustic Arrow

"
Lichalfred wrote:
Please clarify these few question considering changes in 1.0.2. (I guess last three points stay unchanged but I need confirmation).

1. Is DoT considered "Attack damage" (so that Crown of Eyes can be used to apply spelldamage to DotT)?

2. Do Point Blank, Chin Sol, Concentrated Effect, Trap, Remote mine affect DoT value?

3. Can be DoT be augumented with added cold/lightning/chaos damage supports?

4. Can one leech from DoT by adding life/manaleech supports after 1.0.2?

5. Can Reduced duration support increase dps output by DoT by making ticks more frequent or it just reduces the time the poison stays on the field?

1. DoT not Attack, so NO.
4. NO
5. NO, only reduce time, not dps change.
IGN: Aqur
Thanks, but I need answer from devs, since its upcoming changes, you cant know whats there

Edit: updated some questions
Last edited by Lichalfred on Nov 26, 2013, 5:00:25 PM
Have fun waiting then. In the meantime:

new2. As the patch notes mention, generic Damage boosts will apply to Damage over Time

3. No. They apply on Hits, Damage over Time still won't Hit.
Qual Added Chaos will finally apply though, lol.

4. On-hit effect -> no

5. As Blackphantooom mentioned, no.

6. It applies to the damage the enemy takes; it'll stack multiplicatively with Increased Damage, additively with Shock.
This is going to be quite insane.
IGN : Jovial
Tooltip is either bugged after patch or area damage is not applying conc effect has no effect on sheet damage for the degen neither does removing the area damage nodes from passive tree
I logged and poison arrow DoT went from 1050+ dps to 300 dps.

Chin Sol doesnt seem to work, neither concentrated effect.

Means even with A FRIGGING LOTS of +damage passives you can barely get it to the old value.

What a shit! Even with conc. effect, +3 bow + empower and point blank I cant clear lunaris, while I could do that before the patch.

I mean... Duh... So retarded...
Last edited by Lichalfred on Nov 29, 2013, 2:15:59 AM
Same for me Lichalfred. Altough i think conc effect seems to be affect the dps it just doesnt show in tooltip dps.

But yeah, it still feels like a damage loss.

Next time you put info about buffing a skill gem in the news, atleast do some calculations and testing before releasing it. Just to be sure its actually a buff.

Area dmg does not affect tooltip dps but it seems to be it affect actual dps. Projectile dmg affect tooltip dps.

Pre-patch I had 894.7 dps. Now after patch its down to 433.5 and thats fter getting 4 projectile dmg nodes and testing it with slower projectiles.

I have 90% Area dmg from passives, gear and conc effect. Is the math 433.5*1.9 = 822.7 dps ?

Its still 822.7 < 894.7. It was better dmg before patch.

Unless I have misunderstood something, this patch nerfed a already weak skill into something even more weak.
IGN: COCBOYbEaUtY
Last edited by DARKFVADER on Nov 29, 2013, 6:17:34 AM
I've been waiting for the DOT patch for weeks now to play a poison arrow character again. I hope there are lots of bugs in this patch because if not I'm very disappointed with what I see. I thought the point of letting the DOT scale was to make it end game viable. Now it doesn't even work out to be what you had before.
"
Lichalfred wrote:
I logged and poison arrow DoT went from 1050+ dps to 300 dps.

Chin Sol doesnt seem to work, neither concentrated effect.

Means even with A FRIGGING LOTS of +damage passives you can barely get it to the old value.

What a shit! Even with conc. effect, +3 bow + empower and point blank I cant clear lunaris, while I could do that before the patch.

I mean... Duh... So retarded...

^ THIS. LOL. Nice patch, nice alpha test + nice math. I dunno what GGG doing. Sad face :(
Aaron Ciccheli, a guy who made millions running Diablo and PoE RMT sites, owns a significant portion of GGG. How's that for a conflict of interest? 7.5% of your supporter pack money goes to this guy.
Last edited by Pibadi on Nov 29, 2013, 3:07:54 AM
Poison Arrow level 20 - 222.2 DPS (was 676.5)

Nice DoT patch.
Last edited by dspair on Nov 29, 2013, 3:33:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info