Ice Spear

"
Mark_GGG wrote:

It gets 600% increased critical strike chance when the projectile changes to it's second stage.

POST THIS SOMEWHERE ON THE GEM!

The "min crit" and "Max crit" should appear on Ice Spear, since it increases when it transforms.

If a nerf is needed, make the base % of increase lower, and the quality scaling back up to that 600% mark at 20% quality.

I think projectile speed for quality isn't really that much of a bonus since it seems to be reported that it makes it more of a tradeoff than a good increase in quality.
I swear to god if you ask me for a beta key you will get a severe tongue lashing. Cheers!
Thanks to the "Artillery bonus" this skill is so much stronger than any other spell.

This is by far the best skill, but instead of nerfing it, other spells should be on par with this.
I have two little Questions

1)Is the second phase technical a new projectile?

2)Does the second phase get the support of IIR/IIQ if this kills something?

I'm not sure but it seems to be a new projectile witch dmg is based on the first phase.

Ps:I know you dislike my questions about IIR/IIQ :p
Ps2:I think i have some kind of paranoia
English is my third language, there will be bugs.
Last edited by LadyDevimon on Apr 20, 2012, 7:18:28 AM
"
LadyDevimon wrote:
No. The projectile play an animation as it switches forms, and gets new stats added, but it's the same projectile.

"
LadyDevimon wrote:
Yes.
Does the increased radius effect work with Ice Spear?
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
LadyDevimon wrote:
No. The projectile play an animation as it switches forms, and gets new stats added, but it's the same projectile.

"
LadyDevimon wrote:
Yes.
If crit chance is rolled when a projectile is created, does it reroll crit chance when ice spear changes? Does that mean that an ice spear could crit in phase 1 and fail to crit in phase 2?

Oh and you really need to list what the crit chance bonus in phase 2 is on the skill description.
Last edited by Strill on May 13, 2012, 5:29:51 PM
"
Strill wrote:
If crit chance is rolled when a projectile is created, does it reroll crit chance when ice spear changes?
Crit chance is never rolled, it's a value, against which the crit roll is compared. The crit roll is not remade when the projectile swaps over.
"
Strill wrote:
Does that mean that an ice spear could crit in phase 1 and fail to crit in phase 2?
Yes it can. The crit roll is still the same, but the crit chance is compared to chances, which could make the difference between a critical strike and a regular hit.
EDIT: I realised I misread this. Since the second form always has a higher critical strike chance, and the same crit roll, it's not possible for the first stage to crit but the second stage not. It is possible for the first stage not to crit, but the second stage crit with it's higher chance.

"
Strill wrote:
Oh and you really need to list what the crit chance bonus in phase 2 is on the skill description.
Agreed, that should be a stat so that it can be displayed. I'll make a note to do that sometime.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jun 26, 2012, 8:46:44 PM
On my character sheet the spell crit chance is written as 17.9%. How much is it in second phase and could you please show me steps how to calculate that?

Edit: the problem is that i don't know how the second's form crit chance is calculated. If it was simple 17.9%*6 then it wouldn't be a problem but it doesn't seem that way.

Edit2: ok now the first form crit chance is around 21%.
Last edited by Noone2 on Jul 2, 2012, 1:39:55 PM
I think you should add the dps for 600% chance crit. I have a hard time deciding whether my freezing pulse or far-away ice spears do more damage per second.
How does LMP and GMP support gem affects the crit chances for both forms of the spear? Also, how to calculate the second form's crit chance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info