Elemental Hit

At its current state, even if all 3 elements hits per attack, this gem is still far from OP when compared to skills like reave. Also, the graphical representation (which is next to none), makes this skill very undesirable.
I posted an article in GHD (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1478490) which was intended for the community, mostly because of the first 5 posts of this thread. I wasn't here in 2011, hadn't even heard of the game, but it seems when the gem is obviously for wand/bow builds like Slingshot then it's really suited for crit. After over 3 years a feedback is finally used in making the gem a non-crit flop it's hard to imagine it's not trying to be killed. KB is more abusive than before act 4 because Daresso's Dream is equally abusive, so wanding and KB are now the same thing.

The build I made worked fine, ele Slingshot with EH/GMP 6L (for highest chance of all 3 ele) and Barrage/Chain 4L, but wasn't finished and could've been even better with the baby prolif I suggested. Contrary to what was said above, I got 27KDPS with charges boss killer and that's not including EH damage since it isn't added to the tooltip. So, with L20 EH being almost 50% more than the 134dpa wand I was using (it has res and crafted 12%IAS, no crit) I can only imagine the damage would've been great with better gear.

One Hit Wander, a LL build using Pisc/Shav/etc got 28K with GMP/Chain and 36K with GMP/leech, and that was a totally tricked out KB/PS ele wand build. EH/Bar could've been better - I think I only used 3 auras and no Blood Rage, but I hadn't gone LL yet, so the comparison is legit. Then leech changes hurt, aura changes hurt more, nerfing EH hurt the most, buffing KB was insult to injury.

EH has a limited use, for 1st builds in temp leagues due to its very high flat ele, which justifies the mana cost (if the 2nd build is ele melee it MIGHT be a backup, seeing as it could've been flipped and the crit would help, but it's rare), but when you beat it like a redheaded stepchild it encourages others in the community to pile on and becomes abusive.

Feedback: either give it back its glory or join the flamers on Twitch and put Ele Hit out of the misery you're causing it.
EH, Like Rebuke of the Vaal should only be used by hyper elite players accustomed to mirrored gears.

It a skill and a mighty weapon designed primarily to give the player an opportunity to seek redemption. The same way probation is here to let the player know he have gone too far.

With either of the above mentioned, your clear speed should be at minus halved, and you will finally understand why blood magic. Reduced mana, mana leeche and mana flasks exists!

You'll have the joy the delicacy of struggling to survive in end game.

You could qlso theocraft lovely 8 to 10k dps at level 40 I a 6L with some unique staff.. just to find that with half dps you cleqr 4 time faster!
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
It's a bit strange that the damage added from elemental hit cannot be scaled by attack modifiers even though it has an attack tag. even auras and heralds scale with it but this doesn't, even though it adds attack damage.
The skillbar tooltip explicitly lists Base Damage. It does scale with Attack Damage.
Can't this skill be scaled off Physical Damage at least? I feel it loses out alot of viability for builds with how you strictly have to run Elemental Damage only nodes. Especially for Melee which has alot of nodes which are implicitly "Melee Physical Damage" That or give Melee Nodes as a generic effect like "Spell Damage" or "Projectile Damage"
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
Can't this skill be scaled off Physical Damage at least?

No. That's what Wild Strike is. Viper Strike already got fucked up by now scaling with Physical Damage as opposed to Gem Levels.
OK, so. Have the skill convert ALL damage on the attack to one of the 3 elements. So 10 physical dmg + 2 fire dmg from sword enchant and 3 ice dmg from activation of elemental hit would equal 15 ice dmg.

Additionally, have each of the elements have 33% chance to proc and 1% chance to activate all three at once.

This would give it quite a bit more usability with Elemental Equilibrium, which I think is made to be used with elemental hit.
"
Kriznick wrote:
OK, so. Have the skill convert ALL damage on the attack to one of the 3 elements. So 10 physical dmg + 2 fire dmg from sword enchant and 3 ice dmg from activation of elemental hit would equal 15 ice dmg.

Additionally, have each of the elements have 33% chance to proc and 1% chance to activate all three at once.

This would give it quite a bit more usability with Elemental Equilibrium, which I think is made to be used with elemental hit.

But then you won't be able to run Heralds of Ice or Lightning, that will stuff up EE big time... I have tried a melee build with Templar, it didn't work then, end game is terrible if not horrible. But that was before the buff, don't know if it is a bit more usable after 2.0.
I wanna make a new suggestion to this gem, for we all know that Elemental Hit is extremely weak.

Please make the bonus of "10% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite" into "10% elemental penetration", so that we can use Elemental Focus without actually losing some benefit of this skill. This change might be able to make this skill on par with KB.. just maybe.

Also, please add colouring into the attack for each element is being proc per attack, make this skill looks a bit desirable.
Last edited by lugaluga on Apr 19, 2016, 4:18:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info