Double Strike

Same here, my double strike DPS got cut in half as well on the tooltip. Not sure if my actual in game DPS dropped or if its just a tooltip bug. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
"
smartybarty wrote:
Hey people,

my 3 skills i use are LS for culling + iir / ST and DS

My LS/ST havent changed in DPS tooltip but my DS tooltip went from 27.2k to 13.6k (wich is exactly 50% of old DPS!)
Did some Piety runs and it feels the same but i really want a definite answer on if its due to skillgem scaling or if its the average dps thing (wich means nothing really changed, wich im hoping it is)

can any1 give me a satisfying answer on this?
perhaps some1 from GGG??

Thx in advance!

Hey man the same exact thing happened to me. I think something with the tooltip is bugged because piety kills feel near the same and so do maps. I went from roughly 35k dps to 17k now which is a bit concerning. Hopefully the tooltip is bugged because the patch notes did not mention any nerfs regarding double strike or any of the other supports I use with it.
I also have half the tooltip DPS that I did before the patch. Please fix!
Same for me i was on 6.4 now im on 3.2 whats wron with that skill ?
its just a display error, same thing is happening with dw skills. damage is still fine and currently double that till fixed.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Nov 30, 2013, 1:57:04 PM
Question:
when I look at info about double strike in char info screen (not tooltip), it doesn't show twice the aps compared to basic attack, but it shows more (quite a bit) dps compared to basic attack. My question is: is dps shown taking into account both hits, but simply doesn't show aps properly? I ask this because raw damage numbers before dps on basic attack are higher than on double strike, but then dps show is much higher od Double Strike.

I am trying to figure out whether frenzy (with charges) showing 11 aps does more aps than double strike double strike showing 9 aps. I am under impression that Double Strike actually does 18 aps, not 9 aps as info panel suggests.

any thoughts on this?

PS. With 4 charges, on same supports, dps on frenzy is ~1000 dmg less than on double strike, yet raw damage numbers for DS show less damage per damage type which leads me to conclusion that aps is 18 and not 9 as info suggests in my info panel.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
Double Strike is one Attack that hits twice. It does not have twice the APS compared to Default Attack, so it doesn't show twice the APS.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Double Strike is one Attack that hits twice. It does not have twice the APS compared to Default Attack, so it doesn't show twice the APS.

That's not the issue :) Issue is: why hits per attack are not shown as well? I was under the impression that it is because it made no sense due to, what I know know, is a lack of information in the offence info panel. It should say that it is 2 attacks.

To better illustrate, it shows something like this:

2000 damage per second
1 attack per second
main hand does 700-1300 physical dmg

(resolute technique is selected)

what I would prefer is:

2000 damage per second
1 attack per second
2 hits per attack
main hand does 700-1300 physical dmg per hit

It's just one hell of confusion when comparing skills, looking at dps and trying to figure out what's going on. At least it was for me (not for long but...). And it will be for new players as well.

I wouldn't even be making these two posts if I haven't read somewhere that Frenzy does more dmg than Double S. It turns out, it would need at least 4 charges with 20Q to do so, and even then, for my particular build that applies blind DS is superior because I get almost twice as much hits than with frezny and each hit has a separate chance to apply blind.

"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.

I used vaal orb on gem, it became "corrupted", but I can't see any difference!
My friend used it the same way and got Vaal Spectral Throw. I read forum a bit, and mabe I got DS with doubled stats from quality or something else.
How can I check out it's speciality?
Last edited by MockinMan on Mar 10, 2014, 7:04:39 PM
gems can gain a level, lose a level, gain quality, lose quality, or be converted to vaal versions of the skill, then maybe even nothing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info