Discharge

I assume you mean the nerf to crit damage multiplier sources. AFAIK diamond flasks have been unchanged since inception (and they still suck).

I keep trying to make a non-endurance charge discharger (mainly fast attacking wand with frenzy, or crits and voll's for power) and it's not working well.

This skill needs to be a main use skill. It's just too much fun to play around with as a support skill.

Hopefully the numbers will get balanced out soon (and possibly bringing back power-charge-on-melee-crit or power-charge-on-minion-death).
Would love to be able to use this ability with Totem Support gem.

Then you take Conduit, or get the unique that gives it to you, and use power siphon and frenzy/blood rage to generate charges at range. Summon in totem(s) to spam away with AOE while you are firing your wands or spells.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

Please add damage to this. It should be a viable skill because of its high cost, but it's not.

Also, Frenzy and Endurances charges are associated with stats other than intelligence, so I think it'd be wise to lower the INT requirements on this gem because, as it stands, pretty much everyone using it just uses it alongside power siphon.

Well, if anyone uses it at all.
Glad I read through this thread and saw that the skill will not show elemental damage increases from passives. It still doesn't and I was a bit baffled.

I am using a Templar wand-slinger to facilitate quick build-up of all three charge types, lightning warp in and then Discharging. While it looks very impressive, more often than not I do better just shooting things with frenzy and power siphon combinations.

...Really not sure what to make of this skill other than that it's probably one of the most visually impressive in the game.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
I tried to make a wand slinger with Power Siphon, Enduring Cry, and Frenzy/Blood Rage just for the purpose of using this skill. The damage is still too low even with double wands giving 40% spell power each.

I even went a step further and tried to use this with Totem Support and the Conduit passive but alas that doesn't work. Conduit doesn't affect totems and I can't remember if Totem Support even supports Discharge.

The damage needs to be brought back up if this is to be of any real use in my testing. Have to be too close for the little damage it seems to do to make it worth the effort and risk of dying.

Something that could be done (would require a complete rework of the skill though :( ) would be to turn Discharge into a "Counter" style of ability. Every charge builds a counter, they could be unique per charge or collective. After you acquire X charges your next attack is enhanced by the damage of Discharge.

If it is collective then you could split the damage based on the number of each individual charges gained to hit the counter limit. Say it is 8 counters to Discharge. During that you gained 4 Power Charges, 2 Frenzy Charge, and 2 Endurance Charge. The resulting Discharge damage would be 50% of whatever element Power Charge does, 25% Frenzy Charge's element, and 25% of whatever Endurance Charge's element is.

If it is separate for each charge then the damage could be based on that Charge. If it is separate then you could have upto 3 counters going at any one time.

Not sure if this would work as a standalone skill but if it did it would affect whatever the next ability cast (that is a damage ability of course). However if it is a support then you could attach it to the skill you want.

Anyway this was just an idea, feel free to flame on. Heck if this won't work for Discharge it could always be used for it's own Skill/Support Gem later.

The only time discharge is actually worth using up all your charges is when you have a diamond flask up. Since those got nerfed this skill is seriously gimped.
The cooldown on Enduring Cry really drives the final nail into the coffin.

It's not often I give up on a quirky build but Discharge is, right now, all but worthless.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
Charan wrote:

It's not often I give up on a quirky build but Discharge is, right now, all but worthless.

Could a Wand with frenzy+siphon work with discharge as AoE skill?
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
"
Charan wrote:

Sadly, I feel exactly the same.
I've created a melee witch using Voll's Protector and Ephemeral Edge to gain power charges, with frenzy for frenzy charges. With 5 power and 4 frenzy charges the damage is so low, that I don't even kill the monsters. I have invested quite a few points into Lightning Damage and Cold Damage. Even then, I find myself killing things quickly if I just retain my charges and use pure melee, rather than dumping them into burst.

Enduring Cry nerf, while not ditching my damage, blew my survivability through the window, since I would have to cast it and wait for a long time to cast it again, to gain needed DR.
IGN: Neonesis / Violetlight / Sirencurse /... I have too many alts...
I like to hang out in Global sometimes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info