Unique Item Rarity Changes

Nice, wasn't planning on revealing my secret end game build with Goldrim and Voidhome anyways, so there's that.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Corwynt wrote:
The desync fix and the new content got so many people back or trying out the game. It's like you guys see that as a problem.

Too much server to pay, need to get ride of casual players to reduce the money spent.
Forum pvp
"
widardd wrote:
"good uniques", "crappy uniques", QQ all over the place. Am I on the Blizzard-Forums?
To me it really sounds like some of you just want to get their build-enabling set in a few hours and faceroll the content, sorry.

Want to hear a really unpopular opinion? Remove unique items all together and let us hunt only for THAT perfect rare item. ;)

Its funny and i didnt even realize it till just now when reading this thread... Ive already before even reading any of this already been running ALL Rares on my build EXCEPT for my Weapon and thats my Marohi (Because it happend to drop while lvling my first build!) and ive got some nice uniques to drop for me i COULD work into my build but the rares i have with life and resists and ESPECAILLY chaos resists (Because i dont give a shit what ANYONE says Stacking Chaos Resistance is NOT a waste and will only make your build harder to kill!) Are just hard to justify dropping for a unique that most of them even if they do something very good for me have no life or dont do enough to make up for the lost life or resists! So if thats the point of this change then it is working as intended without me even knowing or thinking about it at all!

Ofcourse IF i see a Coil Drop that would be a SWEET upgrade for me and ill surely run it but again i see why they would make it more rare now... So i have a chance to run something Decent before i get the Coil so the coil is an upgrade instead of an item i MUST have to run my build at all! I for one actually understand the rarity changes on ALOT of the uniques... Except for the Leveling uniques! They are suppose to be for early game lvling and you would think they would not have them rare but instead restrict lvling uniques to only drop in early game! Say Normal-Act 1 Merciless! Then from there they can no longer drop! But im sure theres a reason im not even thinking about why the ones i dont get even got changed! But like i said right now ive got so much nice gear in rares ive found that would have otherwise never got used because i had some really strong unique that was OP no rare i found would touch it! Not to mention i can actually sale ALOT more things than ive ever been able to sale now... just because some of the rares ive found are great to use till you get the Unique for that slot you are looking for!

One thing is for certain... i like gear progression right now in POE a hell of alot better than gear progression in D3! Shit... i can lvl a build from lvl 1 to pushing GR35 in 3-4 days! 4-6 hours each day! If i was to just pull an all nighter thats one day of solid play! Fuck that im already bored because i can only min/max my build after less than a week! And honestly what im taking away from all this feedback in this thread about the rarity changes is makeing me feel like thats exactly what people want in POE too! If thats the case then stay the fucking course and do whatever you have to do no matter who it pisses off to keep the game from getting gear progression like D3 has! I dont want all my shit to just fall out of the sky or i can simply go buy it from the currency drops i got while lvling to act 3 Merci! I will get bored a move on to something else then!

I just want the map drops straightend out! I dont care what they have to change to make it so i can run maps up to atleast 76-78 and from there make them very special and few and far between but im getting bored of running 69-72 maps all day everyday and 73-75 being very special if i get to run any! And 76 feel more rare than Divines and Exalted Drops! I just want to enjoy my endgame! I dont care about lvling to 100 i just want to get my build that i put together to do the endgame content into the endgame content and really see if the build is good enough to do things like Palace Dom and Some of the New Maps with the new act 4 Boss's ive never tried before! I want to go in those maps with the build i made for those maps and get my ass handed to me till i learn how to do them! I mean thats the endgame... doing the hardest content and boss's in the game in maps! Atleast for me anyway!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Jul 23, 2015, 6:34:23 AM
I didn't know this a few days ago and sold my warbands Aurseize for 3 chaos. Some dude whispered me the next day and told me they were worth 2ex+.

Thanks GGG, you're making fun leveling uniques rare and unobtainable for a bunch of players.
Almost every post here is pathetic, you guys should grow up.

NOBODY can tell me that goldrims wasnt broken, its not an item that everyone should easily have access to to trivialize a whole difficulty.

when people make a 2nd character and want to level easily, they can buy it. It's literally a trade-off whether you want to level faster and safer, or slower and safe currency.

Maligaro's and Rat's Nest are both NOT BUILD ENABLING but BIS items for most crit builds. I'm fine with them being on the rarity they are right now, especially since the similar maligaro, named Shadows and Dust, is more available now. (Despite also costing a bunch)

Lightning Coil, Carcass Jack and Belly of the Beast. I am agreeing with the first and the Belly, Carcass might not have to be changed, I dont think it was used too much, but still, its a really strong OFFENSIVE unique so it might be justified.

I understand every change, or, almost. Mightflay is not what i particularly understand. Phys daggers for leveling were already very hard to find, now its even harder.

People saying CoD rarity nerf is something bad, its only 10c on Warbands lol, and Crest of Perandus is still very common and doesnt cost more than 1c.

And please dont compare Blizzards trash, you get everything in 3 days, game to PoE, thanks. Comparing Andvarius to Nagelring is beyond retarded, considering MF does nothing in D3. (50% rarity being 1% more unique drops iirc) Andvarius isnt even more expensive despite being rarer. People werent complaining back when they were 10 ex+, now they are cheaper than ever and they complain.

Grow fucking up and leave the game if you dont like it, I really dont want people who dont want to GRIND in an ARPG from GRINDING gear games to stay here.

Thanks, Shotzz.

Edit: You dont NEED Coil to survive, nor are map drops bad, get a proper build, play with thinking and dont nobrain. Most complains here are not the game's fault, but the players because they are just too bad.
Last edited by Therealshotzz on Jul 23, 2015, 6:33:57 AM
GGG, you have the worst balance team of any game I have ever played. Horrific, & it never gets any better.
"
Therealshotzz wrote:
Almost every post here is pathetic, you guys should grow up.

NOBODY can tell me that goldrims wasnt broken, its not an item that everyone should easily have access to to trivialize a whole difficulty.

when people make a 2nd character and want to level easily, they can buy it. It's literally a trade-off whether you want to level faster and safer, or slower and safe currency.

Maligaro's and Rat's Nest are both NOT BUILD ENABLING but BIS items for most crit builds. I'm fine with them being on the rarity they are right now, especially since the similar maligaro, named Shadows and Dust, is more available now. (Despite also costing a bunch)

Lightning Coil, Carcass Jack and Belly of the Beast. I am agreeing with the first and the Belly, Carcass might not have to be changed, I dont think it was used too much, but still, its a really strong OFFENSIVE unique so it might be justified.

I understand every change, or, almost. Mightflay is not what i particularly understand. Phys daggers for leveling were already very hard to find, now its even harder.

People saying CoD rarity nerf is something bad, its only 10c on Warbands lol, and Crest of Perandus is still very common and doesnt cost more than 1c.

And please dont compare Blizzards trash, you get everything in 3 days, game to PoE, thanks. Comparing Andvarius to Nagelring is beyond retarded, considering MF does nothing in D3. (50% rarity being 1% more unique drops iirc) Andvarius isnt even more expensive despite being rarer. People werent complaining back when they were 10 ex+, now they are cheaper than ever and they complain.

Grow fucking up and leave the game if you dont like it, I really dont want people who dont want to GRIND in an ARPG from GRINDING gear games to stay here.

Thanks, Shotzz.

Edit: You dont NEED Coil to survive, nor are map drops bad, get a proper build, play with thinking and dont nobrain. Most complains here are not the game's fault, but the players because they are just too bad.

all your toons are in standard league and none higher than level 88. I don t think you even have the experience to talk about end-game and map grinding.

Because you also are in standard I can t take you seriously about the game being balanced.

Btw, I also play standard most of the time but each new league I play HC only.
Try to play HC and comeback telling us the game is easy and most people are bad players.

You can give people lesson about how this game is nice and how they suck at leveling/playing but at least prove it first (like post number of death of your higher standard/warband toon).
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jul 23, 2015, 6:40:53 AM
"
Hilbert wrote:
"
We want build enabling uniques to be common

"
We added a common unique named Goldrim for the 1 week Res race

-GGG 2012

"

So without further ado, here's what got rarer:

Andvarius(You already gated it behind level 71+ maps!It's just a Nagelring!)
Crest of Perandus(Because it wasn't rare enough?)
Facebreaker(lol)
Goldrim(lol)
Lightning Coil(Countered oneshot mechanics too much?;D)
Quill Rain(lol)
Voidhome(Nobody uses it anyway this might even be the most common unique lol)

Facebreaker and Quill Rain are supposed to be build enabling uniques.

Goldrim is one of the uniques to counter bad luck with all resists, that's why it's popular. It's the Thinking Cap of Path of Exile. Just because it's popular you move it to the T1 rarity tier?

It seems like your goal is to make players quit or post "No Fun allowed".

Good shot man, good shot!
Aaron Ciccheli, a guy who made millions running Diablo and PoE RMT sites, owns a significant portion of GGG. How's that for a conflict of interest? 7.5% of your supporter pack money goes to this guy.
"
lolozori wrote:
"
Corwynt wrote:
The desync fix and the new content got so many people back or trying out the game. It's like you guys see that as a problem.

Too much server to pay, need to get ride of casual players to reduce the money spent.

I shit you not. I have no interest in trading whatsoever and seeing items like Facebreaker and Quill Rain make the list breaks my desire to play the game completely. Why punish casual players in nerfing the drop chance of novelty and leveling items?

Sometimes it feels like some nut-case in GGG thinks that building a hardcore game means you have to fuck over casual players explicitly. Sorry but it is just infuriating to see as it is a ongoing issue. It is why I left after the Forsaken Master expansion seeing how the Master content only rewarded high-level grind (They changed it by now but why is it not considered in the first place?).

I love GGG to consider their data more than player feedback but this changes feel not thought out enough. It comes across like data reading without considering confounding values.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 23, 2015, 6:55:45 AM
Well I don't want to insult anyone in GGG but why are you guys pulling this, what I call, AAA company bullshit. "Our data says it is better thing in long term."

What's with this blant, vague and empty reasoning that makes no sense. Pls guys don't use these phrases that mean nothing in attempt to hide and justify a change that makes no sense to almost (can't speak for everybody) anyone.

I always liked that you talk to community and show your cards so that we can understand all the changes but lately you turned into the "bullshit your players with AAA type of talk". Or that is how it looks and that is how I perceive it.

Again I am not trying to offend anyone but on the other hand these statements are offensive to me because they sound like: "This is too complex for you to understand so we'll just say data indicates it and it is better for you, Don't you worry your pretty little head with it." JUST NO

And the whole "Every league, without fail, some uniques bubble to the top of the most-used list and stay there." Aka people like these items and enjoy playing with them or they are useful to them so we will gate them behind thicker RNG wall so they can have.... more fun? :D What is the problem with playing with something like a mightflay or goldrim while leveling. Is that damaging the game or my experience while playing it? Again illogical at best. If there are items that are broken and therefore on top, change them. Rarity doesn't change how OP they are it just makes them impossible to get unless you are A)lucky B) play 24/7.
Last edited by Jehlathor on Jul 23, 2015, 6:57:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info