[3.6] Dual Strike crit assassin with claws

Spoiler
"
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAYBAAAGA4cFLQV9BbUHHgxzDY0N0Q5IEJIRLxGWEdUV9haqFr8XsButIzYj0yP2JP0mlSoLKwos4S5TMHwyATIyNj031D3RQzFHBkd-SVFKfUqLTP9Nkk4qUUdTEFVLVvVXl1uvXfJgQWHiYetieWKsY0NjcGVNaoxsjG1sbydwUnBWdO11_XpTeu99dX3jhG-E2Yd2idOMNo19jb-OipUulWaX0JoTmmqbJp2qotmjiqxmsNixs7IZtMW1SLk-vG-9Nr6nyBTPetNv037UI9h22Ybawdtu29Tb5-LV44TnVOd06NbtP-1B7g7w1fLh9W_8xf66_94=

example of how a tree could look like if you want to play with daggers, I would recommend claws though.
Last edited by SavageSince87 on Jul 1, 2023, 12:40:27 PM
There are definitely some changes that can be done in 3.2 to improve this build. I can't promise anything but I am probably going to give this build another shot and take it into the highest tiers of content I can reach.
Until then there won't be any updates because I can't tell how well it will work out but if you have any questions I won't hesistate to help you with them.
Last edited by SavageSince87 on Jul 1, 2023, 12:40:36 PM
"
SavageSince87 wrote:
For the 2nd 3L what would be a good replacement since there are no Vaals? I'm in Act 10, probably dieing too much being not used to skill bar and rotation. I don't have the best gear slowly saving up the currency.

For a good defensive setup you can take cast when damage taken - immortal call - enfeeble which works very well.
Otherwise I can only think of a decoy totem (maybe linked with minion life and minion resistances) if you need even more defence.
You also can use arctic armor + hatred for a defensive mana reservation.
As I promised I have given this build another shot. So far I am level 79 and have completed every white map and three labs with this character. I have one death which occured against the cells map boss. After his death I had nothing to hit and his firestorm melted my squishy 4k life ~60% fire res face. Not gonna happen again :D
Another update: almost level 88 right now, almost 6k life and more than 200k dps with flasks (this is only the tooltip, diamond flask and ascendancy buffs don't show). And there is still so much to improve!

Uber lab was no problem at all (did it at level 85). All yellow maps except two tier 10 maps are done, they were nothing this character can't handle. I died once during this process, against a tier 8 yellow elder by his big slam which can be easily dodged. I did so but whirled back into it because of package loss.

Can't wait to get into serious business, I think this build will perform very well.

The whole guide should be updated until next week and first videos will be uploaded in two weeks.
If you have any questions just ask them, to me it is fun and it often improves the guide.
Big update: All content is ready for 3.2, check out for yourselves!
Hey bro! I really liked this build, can you look at my shadow char and tell me how to improve my dps? I'm currently using Blade Flurry instead of Dual Strike against bosses, and Frost-Blades + DS while mapping (freeze everything, get in the pack with whirling blades and unleash hell). I haven't managed to assist Inmortal Call with Increased Duration yet, but I will! Thanks.
"
josiasss wrote:
Hey bro! I really liked this build, can you look at my shadow char and tell me how to improve my dps? I'm currently using Blade Flurry instead of Dual Strike against bosses, and Frost-Blades + DS while mapping (freeze everything, get in the pack with whirling blades and unleash hell). I haven't managed to assist Inmortal Call with Increased Duration yet, but I will! Thanks.

Hey! Here are some tips to improve your damage:
(1) Get "adds # to # physical damage to attacks" on your rings and amulet.
(2) If you can afford, get "+# to critical multiplier" on your amulet in addition.
(3) Flasks are an important source of damage. Taste of hate is definitely the strongest one but with little currency you can already afford a silver flask, a diamond flask and an atziri's promise.
(4) You can get better gloves, any spiked gloves with good life and attack speed are better than yours right now. If you have haku at level 7 or let someone do it for you you don't need to buy gloves with attack speed but just craft it. Note that the gloves need an open suffix.
(5) Deadly infusion (ascendancy) is a huge damage source for this build. You should get opportunistic later or do uber lab if you are able to.
(6) You are missing out some important nodes on the tree, twin terrors and dervish will increase your damage by a lot.
(7) I neither can find hatred nor herald of ash. Herald of ice has awesome aestetics and can replace herald of ash if you want but you definitely need hatred.
(8) Jewels are a big damage source, unfortunately yours are very bad. If you only are looking for damage right now I recommend some with good crit multi, increased physical damage with claws / one handed weapons / while dual wielding and life if you can afford. Jewels without a life mod usually cost less than 5c.
(9) Your abyssal jewel in your belt has also a lot of room for improvement. Added physical damage is very good, crit multi as always and life if you can afford. Also "gain % of physical damage as extra fire damage if you have crit recently" and "gain % attack speed if you have crit recently" are huge mods on this jewel.
(10) Get a better helmet. Starkonja itself is very good but I would look for one with an implicit "40% increased dual strike damage" enchantment.

I hope this will help you, if you have any questions left don't hesitate to ask :)
Last edited by AquaFreeze on Apr 8, 2018, 4:26:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info