[3.6] Dual Strike crit assassin with claws

ive been testing it and i find that the extra dmg added onto the splash makes for some real pack punching combos.

then again - i really wanted to focus on poison so im back to viper strike :P
Actually I am thinking about some varunastra dual strike, with the new passive tree it may be pretty strong. I will keep you updated about how it works once I reach maps.
So I have played a lot with varunastra and also tested some claw gameplay (their passive nodes are really strong now). The thing is that the assassin doesn't give you that much. Yes you get crit and damage but these aren't the things you are looking for with dual strike, you should have enough damage with dual strike.

So I have started some slayer dual striker again, this time with swords and it is very promising. The treshhold jewel is awesome, dual strike can shine already in cruel difficulty thanks to it.

Right now I am level 64, not sure how much I can play in the next weeks but as soon as I start mapping I will let you know how well it works. I have very high expectations for this version, it might be the strongest one I have played so far.
Hey man, I'm long time fan of this build.

I was wondering, what do you think of dual strike in this patch? And do you think swords are now better than daggers? Do you think daggers are viable at all in this patch? I'm a massive fan of using Bino's, but if you sum up that swords are better, I'm happy to use them if there's more DPS involved.

One more question, when will you fully update this build to 2.6? I'm in no rush, I'd just like to use it in Legacy at some point.
"
Hooperrrr wrote:
Hey man, I'm long time fan of this build.

I was wondering, what do you think of dual strike in this patch? And do you think swords are now better than daggers? Do you think daggers are viable at all in this patch? I'm a massive fan of using Bino's, but if you sum up that swords are better, I'm happy to use them if there's more DPS involved.

One more question, when will you fully update this build to 2.6? I'm in no rush, I'd just like to use it in Legacy at some point.

Great to hear that!

Yes, I think swords are the bis weapons now, foils / thrusting swords in particular. With the passive tree changes and their melee range of 12 they really shine above every other weapon.

Daggers should still work fine, the only difference should be a more poison-oriented build, it's their nature to poison (passive tree -> adder's touch, bino's) so you should use its mechanic definitely.

I won't be able to get above merciless dried lake within the next two weeks, the performance of my current laptop (holidays, yay) just makes any map too hard because I can't react to anything in time, bearers for example kill me sometimes).
After that (should be beginning of april) I am not sure how much time I will have but I will try to get to the endgame within the first week of april. After that you should see more activity in this thread, I will post some bossfight / mapping videos to keep all of you updated.

Depending on my mood I will update the guide at some point during endgame maps, I guess I want to finish at least some abyss maps before (which shouldn't be that hard I hope).

Sorry if my answer is a little vague but it depends on how well the build works and how fast I reach the endgame.
Yesterday I just hit level 80 by farming merciless dried lake and it is still very promising. The slayer ascendancy outperforms the bad performance of my laptop very well, I haven't died for a while now.

I just changed to a legacy lightning coil and 5linked it and also bought a trashy abyssus (both for about 1ex pure currency and 200 jewellers + 70 fusings). My sustain is still enough, even voll can't oneshot me although I am only at 4,2k life right now. My dps is already at 82,8k and the foils are nothing special (2c each). For the rest of this and the next week I will try to level as much as I can to get more life since it is mandatory for sustaining bigger hits than voll.

Also I am heading for a red nightmare jewel, this might take a long time but I expect it to be worth it, it totally fits to the slayer passive cluster and the characteristics of this build.
Last edited by AquaFreeze on Mar 24, 2017, 8:07:17 AM
Alright I have tested some tier 7 maps for science. Most bossfights are very easy and the mapping itself works also fine. The biggest problem is for example, that I can't move out of the firestorm of the cells map boss just because frame drops :D

Anyways, besides from that it works very well, from april on there will come videos aswell.
Just a small update. I am level 85 right now and have reached tier 10 maps already. There is nothing so far this build can't handle, the only thing which is killing me is the low performance of my laptop (can't move out of strongboxes poison clouds, can't attack anything because a shrine is killing my frames, can't dodge the lazer beam of piety in malformation because my laptop says 'no' xD)

I think I will farm tier 6-10 for the rest of the week to get enough currency for some upgrades, my weapons only have 250 and 280 dps right now and a 6l would of course be a huge damage boost, defense wise I am considering a carnage heart and I still am looking for a red nightmare but that might take a little longer.

Besides from that I just bought a retch belt for 1 ex, it is really awesome.
Great build. I am trying it out, but your Passive Tree seems to be out of date. Do you mind making another one that is up to date? I plan on using daggers. I am still unsure on whether or not Iron Reflexes is worth it, and if maybe there are alternatives to that passive? Thanks.
"
cLax0n wrote:
Great build. I am trying it out, but your Passive Tree seems to be out of date. Do you mind making another one that is up to date? I plan on using daggers. I am still unsure on whether or not Iron Reflexes is worth it, and if maybe there are alternatives to that passive? Thanks.

Sure thing, this one is my current tree:

With daggers I still would go assassin and the tree would look somewhat like this:

If you need more damage you can get rid of the scion life wheel and take some jewel slots aswell as some other life nodes:

Iron reflexes isn't that good but if you need more armor (and can get it with IR) you should grab it.
If you need to you can also grab vaal pact for instant leech on shadow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info