Flame Dash

Flame dash is bad movement skill that prevent many player play want build, my feed back here is Flame Dash could have 1 more charge, and then it will be ok to une dual wand builds.

Additionaly is a bit uncomfortable to hold shoft for flame dash, mechanic could be better like with WB, press anywhere and flame dash on max range to that place.
Last edited by Emperor_home on Nov 28, 2016, 3:15:14 AM
The fact the flame don't trig if you target something out of range is the most important piece of sht of the problem. I'm in love with this spell, playing as Ice Fortress Sorc', and it fit perfectly with my combo, but I have stop to count the number of time that I was dead because dash don't trig wen I'm spamming my key because "out of range". And more : when you put the skill on a "Cast when stun" sup', it work even if the target who stun you is out of range !! Is just incredible !!

So, please.... FIX IT !
I would love a way to bypass the cooldown on this, possibly by spending charges. I have so many plans for triggered flame dash builds replacing a flicker strike with, say, cast on crit but until you can avoid the charges it is useless for this purpose :<
Remove the charges or increase them with the level of the gem.
livejamie
The game has pretty odd movements skills state, they are frustrating to use at best. User-side it seems whole movement model designed around punishing player for not using QotF + Alchemist's QS as PF.
Spoiler
Why do you make me use FD on every melee/trapper build? Why am I have to use WB + Flicker strike + (FD/LW/LS) as a cyclone melee to make gameplay feeling 'smooth'?
suggestion:
 Take a step ahead from trap-like cooldown mechanic.
 Make cooldown global for certain charges amount:
  recovery should restart after each skill use
  at the end of recovery delay skill gain maximum amount of charges.
 lab enchants: cooldown recovery, maximum charges, cast speed.
 suggested constants: 3 charges, 1 sec cooldown, 0.6sec cast time.

Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Jun 15, 2017, 10:19:48 PM
"
Bioness wrote:
As of right now, I would only ever use Flame Dash as an auxiliary to Whirling Blades or Shield Charge to get over terrain. In fact I doubt I am alone in this respect.

For Flame Dash to actually be used as a primary movement skill it should have the following changes.

- fix the targeting, if you target something out of range, Flame Dash needs to move regarless
- extend the range. Flame Dash's range is too short
- Either remove the charges or increase them, why is this the only movement skill with a limited use?

This. At least double the range and completely remove charges and it would still be inferior to shield charge, but at least I would consider.
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
This skill has the most obvious need to improve as it levels that I've seen. As any of the attack-based movement skills level, they get faster (indirectly). Flame Dash doesn't. Seems to me that Flame Dash either needs to increase in distance, or reduce in cooldown as it levels, or it needs to have a distance/cooldown factor that scales with a stat, probably Cast Speed.
I wanted to make a build with Flame Dash but everyone say that its sucks. Very sad. GGG pls buff!
I use flame dash on my trapper and I like it. The charges are obviously an issue, if you want to jump around 24/7 for maximum clear speed. But if you're using it only for dodging dangerous skills, it's fine.
My only issue with FD is that it doesn't have "attack" tag, so you can't use it with Fortify.
GGG, please! People asking you to fix targeting for 2 years. Do it already!

Now about balance. Lets be honest: best movement skills are Leap slam (people complete lab in 2 minutes using it, lol) and Shield charge (because of MS buff). Whirling blades can give you Fortify, Lightning warp has nice range and can be used with cast speed (cause it is spell, obviously), Blink arrow has a range and creates a decoy, which also useful. What Flame dash gives you? I ll tell you: it is a flame skill, which i use in my Elementalist build to activate cold penetration. Thats it. I can use any other flame skill. Any other build doesnt need Flame dash at all. I dont ask you to make an uber-mega-pwnage skill from Flame dash, but it definately needs some buffs.

My suggestions:
- Forget about skill damage and flame trail as a balance element. FD is not Flicker strike (which is also not the best skill, btw), it will never be used to deal damage. Only to move.
- Give us a way to increase the range. May be by considering the spell as a sphere and giving a range boost via Increased area of effect stat.
- Let us reset charges or accumulate them. For example: i have 3 charges, i use any number of them, then i use any OTHER flame skill and it resets my charges to 3 again.
Or: Flame dash has some maximum charges (depends on the level of the skill). When i have less then maximum charges they go up. When i have more then maximum charges they go down. I m getting charges if i kill mobs by fire skills with 20% chance for each kill.
To argue with a fool means to sink to his level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info