Summon Ice Golem

"
ald1413 wrote:
I dont know which is best: minion life or fortify, ive been using minion resistance and life leech but i got a free slot i dont know what to put in it.
already have minion passives? then fortify. otherwise minion life.
Tried this guy out with my Ice-Warrior-Witch. I was only running haste aura - and granted it was normal difficulty - but the speediness of the guy combined with his decent damage output made me really like him. Plus, accuracy and crit on a warrior witch is much appreciated. I prefer him over the fire golem.

That said, the lack of golem-specific minion passives hurts this. I hate zombies because they don't suit my playstyle, thus, I'm not wont to grab minion passives. The golem on the other hand seems to fit with me - acting as a tank or damage dealer randomly. I almost wish I could toggle his "mode" and specialize him to be more tanky or dps-y. On normal difficulty, he's a great little tank. We fought Kaom together just fine without hardship (well, considering I was a warrior witch, it wasn't an easy battle).

I imagine there are some golem specific uniques planned or already exist? I'll probably hunt them down and try out a bulid around this guy - he's really pretty decent, but I need to test him out more. Either way, this style of minion is WAY more appreciated by me than spectres or zombies - he's agile, has some pretty neat abilities, and he has good damage output. And on normal difficulty, he can actually tank surprisingly well.

Of all the minion skills, definitely my favorite.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Aug 4, 2015, 8:22:51 AM
The Warbands drop Golem-oriented Rings :) +2 Gem levels, two supports, some additional modifiers on top; I guess the Mutewind Seal would be pretty interesting. The rings are probably okay, but a simple Minion Life + Fort combo will keep them going too.
There are a few issues with the golems accuracy (ironic considering it grants accuracy to player). A lot of the time when it dashes it will miss its target (or targets if it goes into a mob. the damage area on either side of the golem needs to be a wee bit larger so it hits proper) and normal melee hits. For some other odd reason or another it also has odd intervals where it doesn't actively move or attack when at high speeds (tested using minion speed gem and flesh offering). I socketed it inside of Bitterdream, and it does rather decent in fights otherwise (tho simply testing without leveling on a level 34 area. Flame golem still feels superior in its attacks unless these are tweaked.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568084

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568078

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568062
This guy needs a buff, so far it's the worst golem out of the bunch.

It provides offensive stats yet Fire Golem outdoes it by a large margin, the accuracy is also wasted in many cases. Utility wise it doesn't really do anything useful (like Stone Golem for example) and it dies to farts on high tier maps.

Maybe increase the crit chance and replace accuracy with evasion/dodge or something.
Would like to see adjustments to the distance that Snowman Roll covers. Instead of having it cover a set length, it would be nice if it only went as far as necessary to roll into the intended target. What I mean is, for example, if there's only a single target remaining, 3 short rolls in rapid succession (assuming use of Multistrike support) would be much better than 3 long rolls that overshoot the target and waste time (lowering DPS).
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Suggestion: Have the golem's physical skills convert 50% of their physical damage to cold damage.

Reasoning: On paper, crit+accuracy would make this a decent golem for Assassins. However, the golem can potentially hit enemies before you do, preventing you from getting the crit bonus for hitting enemies that have full life. If the ice golem's melee attack and Snowman Roll converted 50% of their physical damage to cold damage, then players would be able to spend support slots on Physical To Lightning and Brutality to prevent the golem from doing any damage. This is already possible with Fire and Lightning golems, who deal exclusively elemental damage.
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]
Please change Icicle Barrage

from
[Spell, Projectile, Cold]

to
[Attack, Melee, Projectile, Cold]
scaling off of Physical like Frost Blades.

This would make Ice Golems much more pleasant to build around and consistent with the other two abilities.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Having a consistent damage type across all its skills (like phys converted to cold) would help a lot with support links and make this golem a more viable option for golemancers.
"
Please change Icicle Barrage

from
[Spell, Projectile, Cold]

to
[Attack, Melee, Projectile, Cold]
scaling off of Physical like Frost Blades.

This would make Ice Golems much more pleasant to build around and consistent with the other two abilities.

100% this, can we PLEASE get this change for next expansion? without consistent damage types elemancer and necro golemancers have 0 build variety and are pretty much forced into using stone or flame golems for every build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info