Summon Ice Golem

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Sep 19, 2024, 6:54:21 AM
Running a level 86 barrage CoC with ~3.8k HP and a level 17 ice golem gem, and the guy is EXTREMELY squishy, even with his alleged 9k HP. The only way he can be maintained without it being a major time sink is if I stick him in a high level Cast When Stunned or Cast When Damage Taken. Area DoTs like burning ground eat through him extremely quickly, even when I've got Purity of Fire going, and he's a joke against bosses. His only hope is that I kill everything extremely quickly and then quickly move him out of dots. But seeing as he loves to just run ahead and draw aggro (not entirely a bad thing, as I like not taking hits, but it doesn't take long before they start hitting me with stuff), this tends to draw me across a third of the map before he finally stops running headlong into death.
Im am playing a level 73 TS ranger right now and my golem really is slowing me down.
I would prefer him just sticking close to me instead of charging ahead and dying instantly.
I even tried to buff my golem in a 4L with minion life, resistances and life leech. He now has 12k HP and 42% all res and still dies withing 20 seconds of me entering a map. As a ranger i only have 110 unreserved mana and the costs of the golem are 132 alone. So if i have to resummon the little guy this costs me around 10 seconds after each and every mob pack.
I'm noticing this thing's walking noise is rather annoying. It sounds almost exactly like static, which keeps making me think my speakers or sound card have gone bad. I don't suppose we can get an option to turn off sound effects only for minions?
Golems are supposed to add accuracy too, right? My ice golem says it adds 21% accuracy, but there is no change in the char info to reflect that, just shows the increased critical. Is this a bug?
You may well have too little Accuracy for the 21% Increased (additive) Accuracy to make a difference. The more flat Accuracy from gear you have, the more potent Increased Accuracy becomes.
Dies constantly.

The benefits from having it around are really low compared to how many times I have to recast the thing.
"
PoofGoof wrote:
Dies constantly.

The benefits from having it around are really low compared to how many times I have to recast the thing.

Link it to minion life and fortify... no more squishy golem.
"
Asheren wrote:
"
PoofGoof wrote:
Dies constantly.

Link it to minion life and fortify... no more squishy golem.

Since they are a stand-alone summon, I was kind of hoping they would be a little more tough.

I'm not saying they should be god-like. Just a little less squishy, is all.
I dont know which is best: minion life or fortify, ive been using minion resistance and life leech but i got a free slot i dont know what to put in it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info