Eternal Orbs

With the removal of eternal orbs top tier items will be much harder to craft. They will be much rarer and much more expensive. Guess the unintended results were that eternal orbs made top tier items too common. With a new higher tier mods its a good opportunity to make a new start i guess.

edit:
If items with tier 1 mods were at about 200 ex, with the removal of eternal orb and appearance of new tier 1 mods, new tier 1 items probably will cost something like 1000 ex, maybe even more.

Edit #2:
In my 3 years of gameplay I've managed to accumulate about 50 ex (wasn't very lucky with rarest and most expensive unique items like some people were, most of my exalts were hard-earned). People like me will never own a new tier 1 items, only a hardcore gamers will, who spend way too much time gaming. And those who already have lots of eternal orbs will get a kickstart towards crafting new tier 1 items. Removal of existing eternal orbs isn't a good move, but keeping the existing ones also isn't good. Existing eternal orbs could be converted to another currency at fair ratio.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Last edited by Toshis8 on Jul 6, 2015, 1:26:30 PM
Good move I guess, better than nothing but I'd prefer mirror to be discontinued instead or items limited to 1 copy only (e.g. when mirror used on an item both copies will become 'mirrored').

Yeah disable existing eternal would be the best option, this way is going only to make rich people able to craft while others can't and makes black martket rising again. This legacy stuff should handled with more care
ist ja viel zu geil !!!! yuppeee!!! keine sinnlosen 6x t1 !!!!
absolut richtig!!!

"
I see page after page of people irrationally saying they like this change, but not a single one articulating why they like it. It is a negative change that will make getting good gear more expensive. It also allows the trade princes like Ventor and AXN to be the only people to ever craft a new 6x tier 1 item.

"
BoondockSaint wrote:

and in 30 pages no one including Chris dont know and didnt say why are they doing this......not 1 person gave 1 normal logical reason why are they doing this....

The GAP between rich and poor will be larger than ever. It is something so obvious that I keep thinking what part of the notice that I missed. If you wanna fix standard economy give up guys. Only a reset can do this. And in my opinion this is the way.

Cheers!

I'm not sure what this change is trying to accomplish. Near-perfect items will rise in value, sure, and it will take longer to create the new tier of T1 mirror weapons for a while (depending on how many unused Eternals are out there right now). But is that effect worth limiting crafting options and making it more random again?

I think preventing Mirror of Kalandra to be used on items created with Eternal Orbs would have been a better solution. This would encourage multiple methods of crafting without removing options.

RaGoNXIII is right:
"
Now, disable the existing Eternals and make them vendor for 5ex or so. Why did you guys fixed half of the problem?
auch mal ALLE Mirrored Items LÖSCHEN
DELETE all Mirrored Items
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

even way better for economy purpose...
Delete mirror drops! This will fix economy!
IGN Soultakerr
Honestly, you could have just taken them and made them as rare as mirrors, or something along those lines. This is much more than expected, and I'm totally excited for the implications on the economy.
Aura Reservation Calculator: https://poe.mikelat.com/
Chromatic Calculator: http://siveran.github.io/calc.html
Tired of using GGG's crappy skill planner? Tell them here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1555283

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info