Map Drops in The Awakening

Uniques should give +2 map drops, as is beyond currently has a good risk/reward. You have to kill several powerful bosses if you roll that mod on a pack size map, and are well rewarded with a large quantity of maps.

"
"
Chris wrote:

While there are several mapping groups in Beta happily sustaining the highest tiers of maps, it took them a lot more effort to get there than it normally does. We want to bring this experience to more players.

Which experience do you mean exactly? The experience of a mapping group? Or taking alot more effort?

Curious if this means you gave groups some sort of bonus map drops?
Clarification please :P

They pooled currency and rolled good mods, as you probably know already. It's not particularly difficult to push your map pool up if you have a large amount of currency to burn.
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:
While you're reworking map drops, please make it so that we don't see a repeat of the current situation, where we're running a 78 map and we get three 66s in return. This is even a lousier feeling than not getting maps, it's like a slap in the face.

I've been arguing this for a while, to have a lower limit to how far a -map you can get. Even if it's -6, getting a 72's much better than a 66.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
So you're telling me there's a chance!

Basically if the boss doesn't drop a map higher then it's a let down whereas currently there is Always a chance.

It's going to be a wait and see situation. Currently it is terrible in beta so at least there will be some improvement.

What about +x level chests??
What about Exiles??

Is there a lower limit too? Nothing worse than running a 78 and getting 68's.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
while i will certainly miss running packsize 78s all day every day, i like this change. high level boss loot tables are terrible (except courtyard), and honestly, i felt like doing high quant maps was never worth it. i've done my fair share of alt+regaled packsize ones and chaos spammed 90+ quant ones but never found high quant maps definitely better than low quant packsize maps in terms of map returns. i know rng will always be rng, but please review these cancerous map mods and make them feel worth the trouble.
"
Chris wrote:

We will review map mods and make sure that challenge is rewarded with an appropriate level of additional item drops.

Been waiting for this to change for ages, game needs to understand there's an exponential relationship between difficulty of maps and numeric quantity on them, not linear as we have right now: I map with 120Q is 10 times more challenging than a 40Q maps not 3, AND also way rarer to get that high Q roll.
Last edited by Mephisto_n on Jun 8, 2015, 8:37:25 PM
Chris what about uniques that are gated by item level? Do you want us to find them before entering hard maps or only after many 78's being played? Could you guys get rid of the itemlevel requirement for uniques to drop? It is very confusing and frustrating.
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:
While you're reworking map drops, please make it so that we don't see a repeat of the current situation, where we're running a 78 map and we get three 66s in return. This is even a lousier feeling than not getting maps, it's like a slap in the face.

signed!

get rid of things like -8 or more lvls for map drops.
If i should guess - maybe 1% of your playerbase loves to see a lvl 68 map on a 78.
It does nothing to sustain the maps you are playing - it just makes most ppl angry.
cya Deathtiny
level fast, die young and leave a nice looking corpse!
Tinyshideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3260135
I'm eager to give this a try, hope it's not such a slow crawl as it previously was.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
I really like the idea of people wanting to roll hard mods, can we for example, raise the rarity bonus for the blood magic and reflect mods that no one likes?

On the subject of map level drops in maps, I'm sure many of us have had that moment where you are in 76 or something map and suddenly a 67 map drops. Is that a bug or is it intended to have any possible map drop? RNG will be RNG, but I think this one should be fixed.
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??
Last edited by StrayYoshi on Jun 8, 2015, 8:48:18 PM
My main concern is for solo players like myself. It is very hard and if droprate will be even lover almost impossible to play in high level maps. Which will decrese desire to play at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info