What's Being Kept from Torment/Bloodlines?

Although it will probably make the game harder, I like the idea of bloodlines merging with the core game. The idea behind bloodlines was too cool, if they would make it only available from Zana I would be sad!

Man, so much yawnage, haven't even logged in to do dailies for a couple of weeks now. Will try act4 but really, this game needs loads of QOL improvements, not treasure ghosts and more moib types.
If u want pvp to be popular, make it like guild wars 2. Most ppl(like me) dont really participate in it, because of extra item grind.
"
Nutius wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

And I don't know what makes me more sad, that people like you exist, or that GGG apparently shares your inability to think critically and is so easily swayed by bullshit arguments and false dichotomies.

That people like me exist, surely :)

I'll try to not exaggerate wildly for your sake, although I find it much more boring than P-link to do so:

I don't actually believe that anyone would welcome an "explode screen" gem, and I don't actually want a "Monsters in this map are one huge P-link pack" mod.

I do believe that there are two very different play-styles possible, though, one which is about clearing lots of content as fast as possible, and one (dead) about playing strategically, avoid fights that are too difficult/non-rewarding/boring, evaluating risks and taking your time to evaluate the situation aka careful play because it is neseccary.

I find regular blue packs to be boring, because you can pretty much just explode them and move on without ever giving it a second thought. At least some of the bloodlines sometimes needs to be approached with caution, or even very occasionally left behind because they are not worth the troubble.

I don't like that even I can get into maps in only two days. Two reasons. It means the game is easy-as-fuuu, and it means grinding maps for 3 months on end. I understand that different people exist who likes fast paced play though, and that's why I think different servers should have different rule sets.

Make everyone happy, in other words.

Most of the bloodline mods simply slow down gameplay without adding any extra challenges whatsoever. There are very few bloodline mods that actually require this careful and thoughtful approach you apparently argue for.

This is the problem and why I suspect that people like you simply lack analytical thinking skills, you argue in favour of something with arguments that simply do not apply.

If Bloodlines actually encouraged more careful and thoughtful gameplay I would be in favour of it aswell, but this simply isn't the case, many of the bloodline mods merely slow down gameplay... and let me make this clear for the last time... gameplay mechanics that simply slow down the game ARE NOT to be equivocated with gameplay mechanics that make the game more difficult and require players to play more carefully.

Do not attempt to bullshit about this, I personally don't have the patience to chew through bullshit arguments over and over again.

Again, if your understanding is such that slower gameplay automatically encourages a more thoughtful and careful approach by players then why aren't you sitting here outright demanding a "permanent temp chain" league?

I suspect it's exactly because you don't actually think that and are bullshiting about this.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Mar 10, 2015, 5:20:09 AM
"
SlixSC wrote:

If Bloodlines actually encouraged more careful and thoughtful gameplay I would be in favour of it aswell, but this simply isn't the case, many of the bloodline mods merely slow down gameplay... and let me make this clear for the last time... gameplay mechanics that simply slow down the game ARE NOT to be equivocated with gameplay mechanics that make the game more difficult and require players to play more carefully.

Do not attempt to bullshit about this, I personally don't have the patience to chew through bullshit arguments over and over again.

Again, if your understanding is such that slower gameplay automatically encourages a more thoughtful and careful approach by players then why aren't you sitting here outright demanding a "permanent temp chain" league?

I suspect it's exactly because you don't actually think that and are bullshiting about this.

It sure looks like you do have the patience to chew through "bullshit arguments" over and over again :)

Bloodlines encouraged me to play more carefully and thoughtfully, that's for sure. Since I hold no psychology PHD, I will not try to analyze yours or other people's minds though. Perhaps you indeed just played bloodlines slower.

It seems to me that every time GGG makes the game harder, the QQ is real. Noone complains when they make the game easier. Over time it leads to an easier game. I found bloodlines to be quite a bit more challenging than before, I'm just sad they nerfed the damage from the most dangerous bloodlines -again after massive QQing on the forum and elsewhere.
Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.
Last edited by Nutius on Mar 10, 2015, 5:43:03 AM
"
Nutius wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

It sure looks like you do have the patience to chew through "bullshit arguments" over and over again :)

Bloodlines encouraged me to play more carefully and thoughtfully, that's for sure. Since I hold no psychology PHD, I will not try to analyze yours or other people minds though. Perhaps you indeed just played bloodlines slower.

It seems to me that every time GGG makes the game harder, the QQ is real. Noone complains when they make the game easier. Over time it leads to an easier game. I found bloodlines to be quite a bit more challenging than before, I'm just sad they nerfed the damage from the most dangerous bloodlines -again after massive QQing on the forum and elsewhere.

But what made Bloodlines harder were mods such "Heralds of Obelisk", "Order of the Frozen Sky" and so on... but you are falsely equivocating those mods with mods that simply slowed down the game... like "Phylacteral Link", "Union of Souls" and "Mark of Cannibalism".

These mods did not actually increase difficulty in any substantial way, but simply slowed down the game.

That's the difference you don't seem to understand, you are saying "this is just like this", even though that's clearly not the case.

There are bloodline mods that actually make the game harder and there are bloodline mods that simply slow down the game. They are not to be equivocated. You have to just be broadly dishonest as a person in order to pretend that this is about difficulty when it's actually about gamespeed.

We are done here, if you want to keep bullshiting about this do it with someone else, you don't deserve a future response
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Mar 10, 2015, 5:50:26 AM
Nice info.
Bloodlines is a very nice addition and I love it.
But I'll be honest here. I skipped the entire Leo and PvP part in the OP. Absolutely not interested in that one.
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Mar 10, 2015, 5:50:05 AM
In my humble opinion, mod like is Bloodlines don't belong to core game. On the other hand i can agree with that it can be put in map mods if anyone like it (does anyone like it?).
Mirror of Kalandra?
Well, can't say I'm looking forward to seeing the bloodlines mods in the main game. Not only they look like a rip-off from Diablo 3, but they also modify the packs in annoying ways. And the current mods are already hard enough to remember for a new player. Why not just add this as a relatively cheap map mod from Zana?
Same with creating more legacy uniques... can we stop with this crap already? The 'oh no you can't play this fun build because the required uniques only dropped in a past league' thing doesn't add to the fun, only to annoyance.
Anyway, while I'm sure your hardcore audience may be lapping it all up gladly, justifying your decisions to a newcomer or a casual player seems near impossible.
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
Nutius wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

Bloodlines encouraged me to play more carefully and thoughtfully, that's for sure. Since I hold no psychology PHD, I will not try to analyze yours or other people minds though. Perhaps you indeed just played bloodlines slower.

But what made Bloodlines harder were mods such "Heralds of Obelisk", "Order of the Frozen Sky" and so on... but you are falsely equivocating those mods with mods that simply slowed down the game... like "Phylacteral Link", "Union of Souls" and "Mark of Cannibalism".

These mods did not actually increase difficulty in any substantial way, but simply slowed down the game.

That's the difference you don't seem to understand, you are saying "this is just like this", even though that's clearly not the case.

There are bloodline mods that actually make the game harder and there are bloodline mods that simply slow down the game. They are not to be equivocated. You have to just be broadly dishonest as a person in order to pretend that this is about difficulty when it's actually about gamespeed.

We are done here, if you want to keep bullshiting about this do it with someone else, you don't deserve a future response

I think P-link can be very dangerous indeed, I fought a whipping miscreation P-link pack in Poorjoys, and it is the most dangerous pack I have fought in PoE so far.

Sure they can sometimes be just annoying, but noone stops you from just leaving them then. There will be other packs just around the corner, and chances are you can explode them in a second and move on.

I do not accept you premise that bloodlines simply slowed down gameplay.
Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.
Last edited by Nutius on Mar 10, 2015, 6:00:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info