Reckoning

Reckoning is fine by itself, but there's a good deal of imbalance in the build-specific access to the melee counter gems. Vengeance should either be 2H only, or provide more substantial bonuses than the current slight radius boost for using the (usually) superior 2H weapon range. As it stands, a 1H/Shield build gets exclusive use of Reckoning and superior functionality from Vengeance because blocked hits still trigger it. The same goes for Riposte--it should work on weapon block (dualwield and staff) only, or provide better bonuses than it currently does for taking the riskier option.

I'm using all three as a 1H/Shield build because there's no reason not to. It's free damage for taking up sockets, which is a very dangerous path to go down because it makes the single skill spam problem worse. It also strongly rewards using only those skills that are functional single- and multi-target damage dealers at the same time, in order to free up more sockets. Introducing the counter gems has its advantages for helping out the general melee situation, but this shouldn't be at the cost of the game's playability. Putting them all on the same cooldown timer would fix this issue, as would further diverging the bonuses and trigger conditions.
Last edited by Uvne on Jan 31, 2015, 10:45:14 PM
I think giving OPTIONS to players, be those lazy or physically impaired/limited, is always a good thing, even though you make good points.
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
Last edited by markus7 on Feb 5, 2015, 11:34:19 AM
Hello does this make dmg with dual totem keystone?
Unsurprisingly, you don't deal Damage, exactly as the Ancestral Bond keystone explicitly states.
Base attack radius is too high. Ability to hit with unarmed AOE counterattack on 40-70 units is absurd.
So... you want a nerf to melee, when melee needs all the help they can get?
If I have more than one Reckoning gem equipped, do they share cooldown or do they have individual cooldowns?

If it's the latter, WTB 26 Reckonings for the stupidest build of all time.
As always, cooldowns are shared.
I think this skill should also give %block bonus
Last edited by FF7Seph on Jan 22, 2016, 1:45:18 PM
Not enough information on gem.
Neither Fortify support gem nor Reckoning state that they do not work together.
There are several support gems that do not state their interaction with trigger gems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info