[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
CelticHound wrote:
"
725 pages....

This was probably my first guide I followed like 6 years ago. With that being said, this guide is VERY outdated and there is much better builds. Why isn't this thread dead? I feel bad for new players zeroing in on this thread.

I'd find it really helpful if you could point out how this guide is outdated and suggest some specific improvements.

As for much better builds, go to Lilyliciously's "Templar Builds List 3.5" which is pinned to the top of the Templar forum. Check out the list of melee builds. As I'm writing this, there is Sovyn's build and... nothing else.

So if there is a much better build for a melee Templar, please do a write-up and get it into the list!

I mean, 400k dps says it all.
"
Sterland wrote:
Check out my build. I have more or less copy of yours, and also the gear..
I used to have 470k dps according to pob, now I have 58.... on main skill new update or something?

Check the new PoB for budget build

Adding together ancestral warchief and blade flurry we get 700K DPS.

Yes, over 700K peak with everything activated. Other builds do it this way so we make it an apples to apples comparison.

I checked your PoB and nothing is activated.

Which is fine. As a suggestion you can take the PoB from budget setup and just import your gear, leaving everything else the same.

Notice the budget tree takes different damage nodes now, such as winter spirit.
"
Trapman91 wrote:
Great build! I have just one question. Where are you getting all your chaos resistance? I seem to need another piece with chaos other than death rush to be over 0% your tooltip says 2% with just the ring on.

Also, do you think the reckless defence jewel is worth taking still with the nerf?

I think one reckless defence is still good to have, with a nice block roll on it.

The chaos resist is with atziri's promise active.
OK, so Ive done some updating on my gear.. And followed your tree

https://pastebin.com/hQjdWtXr

I do have Romiras Banquet in inventory, but since I wanted to try my new chest piece on, even though only 5L i needed to add Another ring for resistence..

Otherwise I use a 6L rare armor with 100 hp +5% increased max Health and some resistence and belt with 300+ armor, 90 hp, phys dmg and resistence..

Any pointers what I can focus on next? Im dinging lvl 90 soon and will try to get Those Health nodes from the large Health Wheel...
Last edited by Sterland on Feb 28, 2019, 6:15:32 PM
"
Sterland wrote:
Any pointers what I can focus on next?

I'd probably remove blood rage as it doesn't go well with aegis.

Looks like you are moving toward the uber setup but the most important piece of that is Red Nightmare. Can't max block without it on uber tree, also very good with tec slam for the charges.

So it looks like trading or farming is your new focus.

If you don't want to do that, the budget build is a fine choice. I recommend one or the other rather than halfway.

Also 20/20 gems will help somewhat.

I chose to go with a manual cast Ancestral Warchief but that is optional. (See PoB for either budget or uber build)
Sovyn, I have a kind of narcissistic question - what prompted the change from Varunastra being inferior to Scaeva to making an uber build featuring it?

Was it this post of mine?

Also, I'm getting interested in this build for HC SSF - any suggestions given the current state of the build?
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
"
CelticHound wrote:
Sovyn, I have a kind of narcissistic question - what prompted the change from Varunastra being inferior to Scaeva to making an uber build featuring it?

Was it this post of mine?

Also, I'm getting interested in this build for HC SSF - any suggestions given the current state of the build?

I don't recall the reason, but eventually I discovered that with Red Nightmare the build could work with more damage nodes allocated due to not needing the block at the ranger area. With the additional points for damage nodes, Varunastra pulls ahead but only slightly (900K for budget build vs 1M or so for uber build).
Pious Path is changing - looking forward to the patch notes tomorrow.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
"
CelticHound wrote:
Pious Path is changing - looking forward to the patch notes tomorrow.

Yrah, it seems like cyclone inquisitor will not work anymore. at least as it worked in the past. lets see though.
"
Inquisitor
We've reworked the Consecration based Notables of Sanctify and Pious Path to greatly improve reliability of Consecrated Ground for the Inquisitor, instead of just giving powerful bonuses when you manage to be on Consecrated Ground. Sanctify no longer creates consecrated ground when hit or on kill, and instead will always create consecrated ground around you while you're stationary. Pious Path now lets the effects of Consecrated Ground linger for 4 seconds after you, allies or enemies would no longer be affected by the ground. Other effects have also been changed or improved.

These changes work well with a change to all Consecrated Ground that causes hits against enemies in it to have 100% increased critical strike chance.

No question this is a big buff for this build. Worth considering is if we should go back to crit strike nodes or stay with elemental overload considering the last line of this dev manifesto quotation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info