[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
PruebaXD wrote:
Thanks for the tips Sovyn! Just another question. Should I get the Bringer of Rain or search for another helmet similar to the premium budget setup?

Bringer for now to get your damage up to where it should be. Then save up for a 6-link chest with life / level 20 gems / brine crown as an upgrade.
Hey guys,
I did this build but I feel quite dissapointed looking at the effects. Im having problems clearing some bosses at red maps due to low DPS.

Here are my items, talents are straight forward from the 1st post.

Any ideas/tips?
"
ivanczarny wrote:
Hey guys,
I did this build but I feel quite dissapointed looking at the effects. Im having problems clearing some bosses at red maps due to low DPS.

Any ideas/tips?

You can get a lion's roar. Probably fine with one life flask since leech is main regain anyway.

As far as skill tree, since I can't see that, did you take By The Blade, Deadly Dilettante, Blunt Instrument, Splitting Strikes, Blade of Cunning yet? I assume you are using uber tree.

Although you can optimize a little more, you should be almost a million blade flurry DPS peak. If you can't kill bosses, it's probably technique.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
ivanczarny wrote:
Hey guys,

Any ideas/tips?

You can get a lion's roar. Probably fine with one life flask since leech is main regain anyway.

As far as skill tree, since I can't see that, did you take By The Blade, Deadly Dilettante, Blunt Instrument, Splitting Strikes, Blade of Cunning yet? I assume you are using uber tree.

Although you can optimize a little more, you should be almost a million blade flurry DPS peak. If you can't kill bosses, it's probably technique.

Technique may be an issue but still workin on it.

Im curious how did u calculated this DPS though, avarage tooltip with buffs is around 10k DMG per use, maths found via google says 10k x 2,5 x 3,6 (aps) = 90k DPS.
"
ivanczarny wrote:
Im curious how did u calculated this DPS though, avarage tooltip with buffs is around 10k DMG per use, maths found via google says 10k x 2,5 x 3,6 (aps) = 90k DPS.

My gear is only a little bit better, peak blade flurry dps with all 20/20 gems, blade flurry - damage on full life - elemental damage - phys to light - melee phys - concentrated effect (swap to inc. aoe when not bossing..)

Release at 6 stages.

Shock true, onslaught true, consecrated ground true, ancestral warchief up, punishment curse on, hatred, all three dps flask on

DPS 1,045,041.1

As I said, PEAK :) Most of the time it will be some combination of those.
Last edited by Sovyn on Feb 12, 2019, 5:00:27 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
ivanczarny wrote:

My gear is only a little bit better, peak blade flurry dps with all 20/20 gems, blade flurry - damage on full life - elemental damage - phys to light - melee phys - concentrated effect (swap to inc. aoe when not bossing..)

Release at 6 stages.

Shock true, onslaught true, consecrated ground true, ancestral warchief up, punishment curse on, hatred, all three dps flask on

DPS 1,045,041.1

As I said, PEAK :) Most of the time it will be some combination of those.

Thats fantastic result m8! Hope to see Uber Elder and Shaper kill videos, thats some insane Path of Building dps!
I have a few important questions, no irony intended.

I understood the usage of Inquisitor to aid damage and it's advantages, but what about guardian? Is he viable for this build from a defensive standpoint?

What advantages could the guardian bring over inquisitor?

Should the Passive Tree be altered to accomodate the Guardian if such choice is taken?

Lastly, how do I put pants on the Templar? His lack of proper clothing is starting to get on my nerves.
"
Dakmathos wrote:

I understood the usage of Inquisitor to aid damage and it's advantages, but what about guardian? Is he viable for this build from a defensive standpoint?

Should the Passive Tree be altered to accomodate the Guardian if such choice is taken?

Lastly, how do I put pants on the Templar? His lack of proper clothing is starting to get on my nerves.

You'd lose a full third of your damage right off, but the 30% life regen every 5sec is nice, you wouldn't want to take vaal pact however. I think with a lot of dps, the vaal pact would regain quite a lot as well so it may be a moot advantage.

I wouldn't rely on having block less than half the time. IMHO it needs to be up full time if possible.

I'm thinking that herald of purity would be important for a guardian but we can't really run that with hatred as we take MoM and it wouldn't leave enough mana left over to be useful. I might just drop hatred. So your DPS falls even further behind or alternatively lose the extra tankiness of MoM.

For pants simply equip a chain chest (see budget setup), easy with bringer of rain as a trash drop white one will work, or get a rare 5-link or 6-link one with life, which is good with Aegis.
Last edited by Sovyn on Feb 13, 2019, 2:07:15 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Dakmathos wrote:

You'd lose a full third of your damage right off, but the 30% life regen every 5sec is nice, you wouldn't want to take vaal pact however. I think with a lot of dps, the vaal pact would regain quite a lot as well so it may be a moot advantage.

I wouldn't rely on having block less than half the time. IMHO it needs to be up full time if possible.

I'm thinking that herald of purity would be important for a guardian but we can't really run that with hatred as we take MoM and it wouldn't leave enough mana left over to be useful. I might just drop hatred. So your DPS falls even further behind or alternatively lose the extra tankiness of MoM.

For pants simply equip a chain chest (see budget setup), easy with bringer of rain as a trash drop white one will work, or get a rare 5-link or 6-link one with life, which is good with Aegis.

I see, Thanks a lot for the follow up... Indeed the block loss is too much of an offset for the idea. On the other hand, your input opened quite a few ideas to follow it with a Ascendant... What would you choose to complement inquisitor for a Scion with this setup? A Elementalist? Gladiator? Jugg? Slayer?

Someone might be able to facetank stuff better...
So much math, so little time...
"
Dakmathos wrote:
I see, Thanks a lot for the follow up... Indeed the block loss is too much of an offset for the idea. On the other hand, your input opened quite a few ideas to follow it with a Ascendant... What would you choose to complement inquisitor for a Scion with this setup? A Elementalist? Gladiator? Jugg? Slayer?

Someone might be able to facetank stuff better...
So much math, so little time...

The scion inquisitor doesn't do anything for me.

Maybe gladiator for the 15% spell block.

Jugg is probably good for tectonic slam, otherwise elementalist for the bit of penetration looks fine.

Overall, no reason to choose a scion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info