[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
frenzul wrote:
I feel like I can easily go a few tiers higher so there may be hope for me to reach my goal of 92 again.

You can do it!
I'm curious, is there a cheaper substitute for the red nightmare jewel until I can get the ex together? I may have made a mistake respecing before checking the cost of the jewel, if not. I have everything else for the build, currently.
Last edited by Codz on Apr 8, 2018, 1:23:26 AM
"
Codz wrote:
I'm curious, is there a cheaper substitute for the red nightmare jewel until I can get the ex together? I may have made a mistake respecing before checking the cost of the jewel, if not. I have everything else for the build, currently.

You can use a second reckless defiance and also check if there are any nearby block nodes I skipped such as command of steel. I don't think you'll max block, but it's probably enough to get by for now.

Yeah, the cost of the nightmare is the main reason it's a cost no object uber version of the build.
Today's Update

"
04-09-2018 -- Updated skill choice for Uber setup

(The uber tree also now has Iron Grip rather than Amplify)
BTW, how does Rebuke of the Vaal rate in this build?
"
malakhglitch wrote:
BTW, how does Rebuke of the Vaal rate in this build?

Not so good, because weapons with high physical damage are better in general as the build scales damage by converting physical to elemental. A scaeva (especially with the optional sword nodes) or doryani's catalyst is the way to go with the budget build.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Not so good, because weapons with high physical damage are better in general as the build scales damage by converting physical to elemental. A scaeva (especially with the optional sword nodes) or doryani's catalyst is the way to go with the budget build.

Got it.
I have to ask --> how many regrets does it take to change over to the Uber build.

I'm currently lvl 78 - so I have plenty of time and have everything except "The Red Nightmare" and at the going rate for one of those I should be able to pick one up somewhere around 2:47 pm on 7/14/2027, but I would still like to have a ballpark idea on the regrets needed.

I really enjoy this build and am curious how much better things could potentially be going down that road.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969
"
Ishkabibble wrote:
I have to ask --> how many regrets does it take to change over to the Uber build.

I'm currently lvl 78 - so I have plenty of time and have everything except "The Red Nightmare" and at the going rate for one of those I should be able to pick one up somewhere around 2:47 pm on 7/14/2027, but I would still like to have a ballpark idea on the regrets needed.

I really enjoy this build and am curious how much better things could potentially be going down that road.

Worst case, if you are in your mid 90s by the item you switch over, you would need around 70 regrets.

Most likely you'll find that a major patch gives you a full tree reset for your character by the time you've traded enough to afford all of the gear for the uber build. So it won't cost you anything to respec.

The basic build is great and you'll do well on 95% of PoE content with it. The uber build just does that last 5% of hardest content better. It's actually not that expensive for a build capable of the hardest content.
Hey Sovyn or others,

If you could, it'd be great if you could look at my character, Pyrrhuloxia Mortis, and give any tips?
I have been using Reave mostly, but I'm going to try switching to Blade Flurry - I've never really used that skill as I quit before it came into existence and only started playing again this past month.

Thanks.
Last edited by anti404 on Apr 14, 2018, 9:55:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info