[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
kahoraho wrote:
I never said Iron Will worked with Auras. I think it won't, try it and told us, looks interesting.
It works with Tempest Shield and Molten Shell. None of them are auras.

I'm a bit confusing about your post.
You have Lightning Strike + Lightning Penetration + Chain on your chest
You can test it without invest any orb.
Change your weapon to your axe and test Lightning Strike.

What I think about Chain / Fork is that you're still underdeveloped, levelling, and they will drain dps and mana more than help. To use its green slot I suggest you use Faster Attack.
You'll end wasting a lot more of mana / second, but your real damage will be more than doubled.
If you can't maintain it, yes add Mana Leech gem on the green slot.

It's normal you test a lot of skills at low level, but there'll be a point where you can't continue levelling all gems, and you'll have to decide one or two combo as attack.

Will try it out, even necro-ed the gem's thread on Beta Feedback to double check with GGG.

Yup I have those 3. It's not chain though, it's Fork ;) Will test it out and see with the new weapon.

So far just waiting for my dex to catch up with Mana Leech. I can probably reach a dex node, but until I know I have a lot of Regrets, it's kinda tough wasting one at the moment.

Will keep an AOE heavy strike on backup and test things out to see which works out better.

Thanks for feedback Kaho!
"
maffa50 wrote:
Is it normal to be a few levels behind the monster level of an area? Even after grinding 2 levels I'm still behind which may be why the going is pretty tough. Are there any areas which are good to grind for this build for leveling? In act 1 Merciless by the way. Please and thankyou :)

Yes its normal and yes it makes things a bit difficult.
If you can play with a friend, do it, it's funnier.

The ledge
Fellshrine Ruins
Docks
are the farming areas on act 1, 2, 3
no matter if it's normal, cruel or mercilles
IGN: Pintxo (Harbinger)
Online: 22:00 to 24:00 GMT +1 (Spain)
Last edited by kahoraho on Jul 26, 2013, 9:33:56 AM
"
maffa50 wrote:

Is it normal to be a few levels behind the monster level of an area? Even after grinding 2 levels I'm still behind which may be why the going is pretty tough. Are there any areas which are good to grind for this build for leveling? In act 1 Merciless by the way. Please and thankyou :)

If one clears every single monster in every area during the storyline I believe they do stay fairly even with the area levels as they progress.

With more goal-oriented play, it is normal to farm ledge until level 60 and then proceed with the storyline until fellshrine, farm that until 66 and then proceed to docks and farm that until 70 or so. At that point, Piety can be killed and maps can be begun with some regularity.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 26, 2013, 7:38:00 PM
Has anyone taken "Mana Flows" from the tree? It seems like a good node. Also I'm not sure if Ondar's Guile is the most effective way node to get... hmmm
"
idrageri wrote:
Has anyone taken "Mana Flows" from the tree? It seems like a good node. Also I'm not sure if Ondar's Guile is the most effective way node to get... hmmm

One or two people have taken Mana Flows, sure. I would guess it helps with mana issues with a heavy mana use skill like Infernal Blow or even 5-linked Heavy Strike, etc.

Ondar's is nice as it gives one 8% extra defense vs. projectiles over and above the blocking. This is useful as many projectiles can carry chaos damage and status ailments, making them some of the deadlier attacks later on. The dex leading into it is useful for extra evasion, ensuring enough dex for high level auras and Vaal Buckler. Honestly I tried building a full build without Ondar's and could not really get much if anything extra without some tradeoff.
OK thanks for the prompt reply :) I guess some evasion is worth the points considering the IR nerf. I don't think I NEED "Mana Flows."

"
idrageri wrote:
I don't think I NEED "Mana Flows."

No, not really. I get by without it. Of course there is a 40% mana regen node right at the templar start too. I'm not sure, but it might matter if someone is trying a high mana cost fast attack, but that would only be on a borderline case, i.e., it "almost" works without it.
Update on Iron Will + Auras:

Unfortunately, doesn't work. Works very well with Molten Shell though. Will swap back to relink with Tempest Shield once I max block.

Gonna deviate and take Quickness node first. Dex seems to be an issue due to the need to use mana leech (and maybe chain). Once I have reached the dex nodes before touching Leather and Steel, I will swap out as that seems to be a better solution.

Looks like I have to keep my itchy hands away from levelling those dex gems too fast... Don't wanna be stuck having to find dex on gear just to use those gems when I opt out of quickness.

I'm starting this tonight.

What do you do (if anything) for AoE damage?
"
shinino wrote:
I'm starting this tonight.

What do you do (if anything) for AoE damage?

I only use one attack now (heavy strike with multistrike support for pseudo AOE without losing single target DPS).

Until you find and level up multistrike, I'd experiment with either Ground Slam, Lightning Strike or Infernal Blow (this last one really needs melee splash support, but then it uses mana like crazy). Cleave is a bit uninspired but works with the right support gems. Cyclone has too much desync IMHO. Leap Slam just looks silly at my attack speed.

Best of luck and enjoy the build!
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 28, 2013, 3:01:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info