[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Quick question. How are you achieving chaos damage on the Ice Crash attack skill set-up?

"
justmiacc wrote:
Can I use sunder with this build? And should it be adopted somehow?

No need to adopt the build, it's optimized for Sunder already. It's just that the single target is abysmal.
Hi again Sovyn,
In the essence league i've made another tanky templar to try the critical hit version with BoR and Doryani's (spelling) and the subsequent different passive pathing.

My findings so far:
-Damage output is much better than with resolute technique (this was a (or even THE) suggestion at the time i rerolled my old templar mule)
-gear is much easier to get than a 6L chest
-with the amulet slot, the chest and helm not having resists, chaos resistance is hard to come by, which is made worse by abandoning the chaos resist+life % nodes above the templar starting position, if using the unique shield as suggested, you're in for trouble as the posibilities for finding good gear pieces while keeping your resists high enough becomes even smaller.

Currently using these on my crit version:

So with Lazwahr amulet i'll drop even more resists, still looking for decent phys dmg gloves with life and resist to replace the maligaro's. This guy is in standard, as i am a bit of a casual player who almost never completes a character in a single league, i do find that the guide is solid enough to easily getting you to the endgame content, with only a bit of delay because of some of the level requirements of BoR for example. You're not going to invest much if any in gear when you know it's outdated soon.

Currently i'm alt-spamming jewels till i get block+chaos resist, then regal+vaal them, though i think getting those nodes and getting jewels with damage modifiers is much easier. Your thoughts?

edit:

Using these on my non-crit version, which could be switched out ofcourse.

edit2:
Extra sockets also means more room for defensive skills being set up, for example a golem with added life and resists
-Something in the way
Last edited by Awoudex on Feb 26, 2017, 10:09:20 AM
I'm done with questing now, 73 lvl Inquisitor.
I feel that i do not do a lot of dmg. Tried to buy Bino's but it is to expensive for me.
Can someone look on my gear and tell me what to improve?

My stats: http://imgur.com/a/h3226
"
Awoudex wrote:
Currently i'm alt-spamming jewels till i get block+chaos resist, then regal+vaal them, though i think getting those nodes and getting jewels with damage modifiers is much easier. Your thoughts?

Typically, as with any gear, unless you are strictly self-found, it's always better to trade for what you need on poe.trade. A very good jewel should cost no more than 10-15 chaos. I'm not saying that you will find it for sale right away, but you will.

The build is definitely a crit build for the last year or two(?), modestly of course, since we are not shadows. Thanks for posting your thoughts.
"
Ene wrote:
I'm done with questing now, 73 lvl Inquisitor.
I feel that i do not do a lot of dmg. Tried to buy Bino's but it is to expensive for me.
Can someone look on my gear and tell me what to improve?

No need for Bino's that is a minor difference (actually the tooltip goes down but you crit more).

I would recommend getting a bringer of rain. Basically copy the budget setup on page one as closely as possible. Don't forget to save up for a lion's roar too. Easy to save up with the chaos recipe.

Remember though, you can't compare blade flurry's tooltip number with any other skill, it's totally different. More details in the guide.
this sword works fine with static strike ?

http://poe.trade/search/etaritahesuwor
I'm sitting at 71% block, 70% spell block, max resists/-15% chaos resist, 4k health, and around 22k armor with Granite Flask. I think I'm pretty close to your example builds's defensive stats. I die here and there but mostly from of my lack of encounter/game mechanic knowledge.

My DPS, however, hit a plateau. My Static Strike tooltip damage with auras/flask buffs lands around 29K. I'm hoping that after I quality20 my damage support gems, I'll be able to match or at least come close to your Static Strike tooltip damage example. Is there anything I'm missing? Any tips would be appreciated.
Last edited by ger143 on Mar 16, 2017, 9:16:32 PM
"
markowski wrote:
this sword works fine with static strike ?

http://poe.trade/search/etaritahesuwor

Hyaon's Fury is pretty much all elemental damage, so it won't scale based on physical nodes and supports. In other words, it's pretty awful. Get a Scaeva for 1 chaos, or for the best static strike weapon, a Doryani's Catalyst. That said, Static Strike is no longer a top tier melee skill.
"
ger143 wrote:
My Static Strike tooltip damage with auras/flask buffs lands around 29K.

It's mostly your weapon, get a doryani's catalyst. if you stay with that claw, at least quality it. :)

Lion's roar flask, gloves, belt, ring with damage stats... lots of good damage nodes coming up as you level. You could drop something minor/unnecessary and get retaliation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info