[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hello, a question about the build. Would not it be better to spend points in mace points Bone Breaker and Skull Cracking instead of critical mace (Galvanic Hammer) and after maximum life + chaos resistance (Purity of Flesh)? It's actually more interesting to have points in critical mace, resistance chaos + maximum of life than most dps?

Look at my build currently lvl 86.
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAHcApYEsQSzBS0GOQkzDPcNzRQgFPYVIBhdGS4ZtBo-G5cbrRzOITQn7SgqKYsrUCzpLYMuUzJONZI7OzwFPO89Dz3iQKBBP0d-SO5PBFBHUWBR5l8_YSFko2VNZ5to8m6qbztyqXTtd1N343gNeK55OXloeu97FHy7fuKE2YTvhjuGs4rki0-SbpJ9l3mYb5tum-yexaIAqW6playvr2yvp7GztC-18rxWvTa-p8AawGbAv8EExPbFitE20nzTb9N-1I_YvdrB3CPiLORR5c_qGO8O73rvfPAf8i_zBvaj9zL7qv5U

Remembering that I am using the head Abyssal and will use the Belly armor.

Thank you

"
Pr3dator_BR wrote:
Hello, a question about the build. Would not it be better to spend points in mace points Bone Breaker and Skull Cracking instead of critical mace (Galvanic Hammer) and after maximum life + chaos resistance (Purity of Flesh)? It's actually more interesting to have points in critical mace, resistance chaos + maximum of life than most dps?

Thank you

Abyssus + belly is not a good combination IMO.

You can do skull cracking and bone breaker if you want, but it costs 8 points (10 if you don't go for Disemboweling) and the points are invested into overall higher DPS nodes on my build. I tested it all with lots of regrets.
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 18, 2016, 7:46:38 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Pr3dator_BR wrote:

Thank you

Abyssus + belly is not a good combination IMO.

You can do skull cracking and bone breaker if you want, but it costs 8 points (10 if you don't go for Disemboweling) and the points are invested into overall higher DPS nodes on my build. I tested it all with lots of regrets.

What armor indication for use with abyssus?

Thank you
"
Pr3dator_BR wrote:
What armor indication for use with abyssus?

Thank you

Lightning Coil is the usual choice for abyssus, along with level 20 purity of lightning instead of herald of ash. It's a more expensive setup than bringer of rain and not really any better IMO.
Is anyone playing with a Soul Taker?
Isnt that a very good weapon for static strike? Cant find any Infos about it in your post.

Current Gear:
Spoiler

Currently Lvl 67, Merc A4, EHC

Should i switch the Lapis Amu for Anvil and the boots for Armor/Res/Runspeed?

Also new rings needed.

Are the links in my chest ok? Or any other ideas for linking satic strike?
Last edited by Igai on Sep 19, 2016, 8:02:17 AM
"
Igai wrote:
Is anyone playing with a Soul Taker?
Isnt that a very good weapon for static strike? Cant find any Infos about it in your post.

Soul taker is ok for level 60 but doryani's is much better. Obviously doryani's is cheap and easy to get on regular leagues but not so much on hardcore because people won't take a chance with atziri.

You can get a rare scepter or something that is as good as soul taker for less chaos and works with my build.

I take a 0.4% mana leech node on my build so the mana perk from soul taker is useless -- I'm always full on mana.

Static strike kills bosses nicely but it is generally outclassed by ice crash and earthquake now for clear speed due to how targeting works.

Your links or OK but I would probably try added fire or physical to light instead of elemental focus.
i chanced my stuff a bit.

a rare szepter is better thatn soultaker? Even with the bloodmagic "Bonus"? and 1 extra Aura?

gotta search poe.trade for one :X
High Phys DPS and +%Ele DPS?
"
Igai wrote:
a rare szepter is better thatn soultaker? Even with the bloodmagic "Bonus"? and 1 extra Aura?

gotta search poe.trade for one :X
High Phys DPS and +%Ele DPS?

All of these are a bit better dps, slightly higher crit chance, the doryani's are best but expensive on hardcore but here are some options starting at only 2 chaos: http://poe.trade/search/itetahitahokit

An extra herald adds very little. The build is optimized for scepters at high level because it's the best weapon type for us. You get some crit and some free increased elemental damage.
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 20, 2016, 12:31:09 AM
Hi there!

I've been a HUGE fan of this build from the moment it hit BotW and I got to see it for the first time. Congrats on having the idea, time, guts and wits to pull it off SO nicely :D

From the moment I got a full respec I wanted to do it with my Duelist (although the idea of creating the Templar for it to be EXACTLY the same never left my mind in case it didn't work out), and after being abscent from the game for a LONG time, I think I've finally knacked the ideal setup for my guy.

And all thanks to you :D

I don't know if this has been asked before (it surelly was, but I'm not gonna look at 570 pages just to know that xDDD), but how do you feel about Daresso's Defiance?

I know that you have adjusted your play to BoR and it's difficult to change it, but I must say, I have done it with my Duelist because I didn't want to use the helm (EXHAUSTED of it after seeing it SOOOOO many times in the vast majority of meelee chars) and the results are AMAZING. Worth trying and looking at them if you ever got the time and the curiosity :) Very cheap also, bought mine for 1 chaos only.

Just a condensed explanation of the "why": because you're constantly generating Endurance Charges on blocks, Daresso's converts them into Onslaught when you actually get hit (and when hit, because of them, you are hit for less dmg), which means at least 2 seconds of Onslaught before you generate more charges, that again get converted before generating more charges that again... you get the point.

Btw, another good weapon option for late Cruel/Merciless and low maps, when you don't have a good rare, is Hyaon's Fury. I know it doesn't add much Phys Dmg to convert to elemental, but it more than makes up for it with the built-in Lightning Dmg the sword comes with (1-550/650) and the scaling it gets when taking Frenzy Charges into account. And it's also cheap too, bought it for another chaos.

I still have to beat Cruel (I know, I'm taking my time really xD), but for what it seems, it won't have any major problems with Dominus and Malachai outside spells, which I think it's the only concern this build has when not maxed, other than DoTs and Life degen.

I'll assume you know exactly which Ascendancy class goes for each of the basic classes you listed so I won't bother saying that, but if in any case you don't, please feel VERY welcomed to ask and I'll answer extensively and to my best :D

Finally, a question: I know you put different options on end-game attack skill, but I'm someone who doesn't like having that much options if I could just stay with the bests. So, which one/s would you finally recommend? Right now I'm using Static Strike because your BotW was using it and because I saw the numbers and explanation you did on the first page, but I feel I'm missing on something.

Thank you very much again for this beautiful idea and execution, and forgive me for such a long wall/block of rabblings xD
Hi, i'm using this build as a templar in HC.

I'm not that deep into PoE meta and i would like to know which defensive gems you would recommend. I know you're suggesting Reckoning, Vengeance and Riposte, but i still dont know how these gems work exactly. Right now i'm using Riposte and Vengeance. Vengeance linked with Stun->Endurance Charge on Melee Stun. For Riposte i can't say which links i should use and why Riposte is better/worse than Reckoning?
Since Vengeance is based on counter-attack and the other 2 on blocking i think it's good to have Vengeance and 1 of the other 2.
(in addition i'm using CwDt->TempestShield)

Long story, short question: Which defensive gems with which links and why?

Thanks for the build : )

ign: dynamikk

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info