[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Might be time to switch to Static Strike instead of Earthquake in 2.4

I looked at the patch notes yesterday and was thinking that Ice Crash might be best as it was good in my testing results (see the FAQ section of the guide for the tests).

Since Ice Crash is getting a buff and earthquake is getting a nerf, it might just pull ahead. The only downsides are that we can't leech mana with physical to lightning support as all of the damage would then be elemental, and so the blue gem should be switched from increased aoe for clearing to concentrated effect for bosses, which is decidedly too much work IMO.

Even though Static is getting buffed too, I think the targeting mechanic is so bad that it slows down clearing times too much, unfortunately.
Had 24k buffed tooltip dps before the nerf, 20k after.

Mana is def a problem now on bosses..24 mana per swing.
"
Gixxerdude wrote:
Had 24k buffed tooltip dps before the nerf, 20k after.

Mana is def a problem now on bosses..24 mana per swing.

Yeah, I'm getting into it later tonight. Thinking about Elemental Overload too.
So it looks like my calculated earthquake dps went down from 117K in patch 2.3 to 98K in patch 2.4. It probably wouldn't be a noticeable difference in practice, but always in pursuit of the best, I will be checking the options again.

Incidentally, at first blush I can get 84K out of ice crash with increased aoe support in 2.4. (Increased aoe support means huge aoe size, which is nice).
A few changes for 2.4:

- Grabbed a mana node that leeches from all damage types, eliminating any mana issues. Requires minor skill tree changes.

- Switched my own skill selection to ice crash with elemental focus and physical to lightning supports for 125K peak. Lots of ways to go on this, like concentrated effect for higher tooltip dps or increased aoe for more clear speed, but that would make swapping gems situationally a good idea, so this is a compromise -- in between on the aoe size and damage as well. I lose the ability to freeze and shock as a trade-off. Earthquake with the usual supports from 2.3 would be about 98K (including aftershocks not shown on tooltip) plus lightning shock bonus for theoretical 147K peak occasionally, so it's still a great choice.

By the way, I did test the Elemental Overload notable node on the skill tree, which does sound good, but my ice crash DPS went down by 10K. Evidently, even a little bit of crit multiplier is better than this notable.
Hi Sovyn, big fan of this build, I was wondering if in my 6l static strike its better to use added fire damage or physical to lightning, since with physical to lighting I get 10k more dps, any advice?
"
Serrak wrote:
Hi Sovyn, big fan of this build, I was wondering if in my 6l static strike its better to use added fire damage or physical to lightning, since with physical to lighting I get 10k more dps, any advice?

With added fire you can still have some physical damage, which may be better for some elemental resistant monsters. I use the elemental weakness curse to counter that, and with Inquisitor, we bypass elemental resists when we crit and 10% when we don't.

As long as you are following my 2.4 tree updated yesterday you won't have any mana problems with 100% elemental damage. Might as well use the phys to light.
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 3, 2016, 2:23:17 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Serrak wrote:

With added fire you can still have some physical damage, which may be better for some elemental resistant monsters. I use the elemental weakness curse to counter that, and with Inquisitor, we bypass elemental resists when we crit and 10% when we don't.

As long as you are following my 2.4 tree updated yesterday you won't have any mana problems with 100% elemental damage. Might as well use the phys to light.

Ok so if i go full elemental, many stuff from the tree will become useless since i dont have any more physical.

better stick with added fire damage then. ty for the info.
"
Serrak wrote:
Ok so if i go full elemental, many stuff from the tree will become useless since i dont have any more physical.

No, no, that's not what I meant at all. Physical damage nodes on the tree scale elemental damage because it's all conversion.

I was talking about resistances of monsters and how that could affect the actual applied damage. You can use physical to lightning support if you are following the current skill tree for the mana leech node.
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 3, 2016, 4:13:41 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Serrak wrote:

No, no, that's not what I meant at all. Physical damage nodes on the tree scale elemental damage because it's all conversion.

I was talking about resistances of monsters and how that could affect the actual applied damage. You can use physical to lightning support if you are following the current skill tree for the mana leech node.

Ok now i get the part of the scaling,but my jewel that gives mana leech on physical damage its not going to work right ?

Last edited by Serrak on Sep 3, 2016, 4:23:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info