[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Paldamus wrote:
The only thing that might be slightly misleading here is the price on those items. Ofc it depends on the rolls and the economy, but unless u get good deals with friends/guildies, or find cheap stuff cos u've played a long time (which u did mention though), ur gonna be paying quite a bit more for that "for rich folks" gear set :)

The rare gloves and ring maybe for those exact stats, maybe the lioneye's with that same corruption, but the rest is very cheap. You can get close for peanuts though.
Hey guys. I'm looking for some tips in how to improve my current gear.

I don't have much to spend atm (about 3 to 5ex), so I was thinking in improving my flasks and maybe my body Armour. Any tips?

Any input on the gems will be greatly appreciated too!

Thanks in advance.
"
Kradov wrote:
Hey guys. I'm looking for some tips in how to improve my current gear.

I don't have much to spend atm (about 3 to 5ex), so I was thinking in improving my flasks and maybe my body Armour. Any tips?

Any input on the gems will be greatly appreciated too!

Thanks in advance.

Hi Kradov!

First off, faster casting won't help your static strike, so you would want to swap that for something else. If you have to stay with a blue socket then increased area of effect, concentrated effect or perhaps elemental focus would be options there. However I would of course try to change to all red sockets for static strike. Earthquake would work well with the one blue though as that uses physical to lightning.

All that said, I would change things up and buy a bringer of rain. Last I checked they are in the 3-5 chaos range. That would be your single biggest upgrade.

After that you'll need a ring with mana leech (I use Romira's, 1 chaos item last I looked) and resists.

You can also get jewels with resists.

I mentioned resists a couple of times there in case you didn't know how to compensate for losing resists on helm and chest slots.

Also grab a lioneye's remorse for 1 chaos.

You can conveniently get cheap gear on poe.trade

Just switch on the buyout and online toggles and sort by lowest price. You can do that by clicking the currency icon on the first item in the list.

Just check my current gear on page one (scroll down) and try to copy the items and gems. Don't worry about the corruptions and enchants on the stuff though. That's tweaking for later. Also don't worry about getting exactly the same rare jewels, those are minor. Finally, the gloves you have are fine for a while yet, that's your best piece currently.
Not the best enchantment on my BoR but still something useful

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Paldamus wrote:
The only thing that might be slightly misleading here is the price on those items. Ofc it depends on the rolls and the economy, but unless u get good deals with friends/guildies, or find cheap stuff cos u've played a long time (which u did mention though), ur gonna be paying quite a bit more for that "for rich folks" gear set :)

The rare gloves and ring maybe for those exact stats, maybe the lioneye's with that same corruption, but the rest is very cheap. You can get close for peanuts though.

I've been playing this char from lvl 1 about 3 weeks now or smth and i've already gotten some of the "for rich folks" gear so indeed it's not very pricy at the end of the day, specially if you've played for months or years. Peatnuts indeed. Some of the things just may cost several times more than in the guide and some newbies who think that 1 chaos is a lot of currency (lol) might be like :O
But ye i agree, i mean some things are way cheaper too, so new players migth actually think it's more expensive to get these items that it is :)
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on May 17, 2016, 1:34:33 PM
"
Hi Kradov!

First off, faster casting won't help your static strike, so you would want to swap that for something else. If you have to stay with a blue socket then increased area of effect, concentrated effect or perhaps elemental focus would be options there. However I would of course try to change to all red sockets for static strike. Earthquake would work well with the one blue though as that uses physical to lightning.

All that said, I would change things up and buy a bringer of rain. Last I checked they are in the 3-5 chaos range. That would be your single biggest upgrade.

After that you'll need a ring with mana leech (I use Romira's, 1 chaos item last I looked) and resists.

You can also get jewels with resists.

I mentioned resists a couple of times there in case you didn't know how to compensate for losing resists on helm and chest slots.

Also grab a lioneye's remorse for 1 chaos.

You can conveniently get cheap gear on poe.trade

Just switch on the buyout and online toggles and sort by lowest price. You can do that by clicking the currency icon on the first item in the list.

Just check my current gear on page one (scroll down) and try to copy the items and gems. Don't worry about the corruptions and enchants on the stuff though. That's tweaking for later. Also don't worry about getting exactly the same rare jewels, those are minor. Finally, the gloves you have are fine for a while yet, that's your best piece currently.

Thanks so much! I'm already changing my gems

About the items I'm looking for the best prices and maybe it isn't as expensive as I though. If I get the bringer of rain how will the body armor work? Can I still use one but can't get the stats? Can I use gems in it?
"
mirage2k640 wrote:
Not the best enchantment on my BoR but still something useful

Good job! Getting anything useful is a challenge on the helmet.
"
Paldamus wrote:
But ye i agree, i mean some things are way cheaper too, so new players migth actually think it's more expensive to get these items that it is :)

Right, many new players might not know about poe.trade or especially how to sort by price low to high on there to see the best deals, so they might think that guy charging 1ex for a 1 chaos item is the going rate. Why it's not sorted by price by default, I have no idea.

Another thing is that the in-game trade channels are often a bit overpriced as well.
"
Kradov wrote:
Thanks so much! I'm already changing my gems

About the items I'm looking for the best prices and maybe it isn't as expensive as I though. If I get the bringer of rain how will the body armor work? Can I still use one but can't get the stats? Can I use gems in it?

You're welcome!

Bringer of Rain is a cheap item now days which is great for us.

You can quip a body armour before you equip the bringer of rain. A 6 socket (not 6-link) chain mail of the same graphic as the one I have in my current gear section will give you the best appearance. You can socket 6 gems to level up in there. They will still level up even though the body armour itself won't count toward your stats. If nothing else it's a way to get a little extra currency by selling the leveled gems.
Hi Sovyn and thanks a lot for the guide. I have got all your "for rich folks" gear now and was wondering if i can make it even tankier for surviving higher level maps? I'm 62 and probably a bit slow to react so i need all the help i can get. Only criticism i have with my char stats is Chaos res is -40% and i can't seem to improve that. Char lvl is 89 and i'm having trouble getting to 90
Was toying with the idea of using arctic armor instead of hatred but i'm not sure if that would help or even what would be the best way to apply it?
I play solo mostly and any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Tried Atziri but didn't even get to her.
I do realize that melee characters are always going to have trouble with some bosses but getting 1 hit becomes annoying.Thanks again.

Daryl.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info