[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hey nice build like to play it :)

what does ho-hum mean ? :D
"
Eltacko wrote:
Hey nice build like to play it :)

what does ho-hum mean ? :D

Welcome! It means dull, boring, or "not very good". I was referring to heavy strike. Seems the built-in AOE skills are always better. Static Strike, Reave, Cyclone, etc.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Everground wrote:
Will update my progress along the way. Thanks for the build!

No problem! Be sure to review the "what will kill me" section in the FAQ as lots of new gotchas have been added to the game in the last year or so.

Will do. Thanks for the heads up!
A setback is simply a setup for your next comeback.
Currently playing around with this triple physical spell cast on crit setup with haste and herald of ice plus fortify on whirling blades:

It is fun and interesting and fast paced, and the damage may be enough as well.

The good thing is that the cost of the endgame build would be lower with an OK dagger like that and a Tabula.
i play with infernal blow + melee splash....

the damage is awesome but i think anger ist better than hatred for at or not ?

and what is a nice gem for the third link in the shild??
"
Mrzeus553 wrote:
i play with infernal blow + melee splash....

the damage is awesome but i think anger ist better than hatred for at or not ?

and what is a nice gem for the third link in the shild??

Hatred is usually significantly better for melee skills with normal builds like this. This is because Hatred provides a percentage of your physical damage rather than a flat amount of elemental damage like Anger. Anger (and Wrath) is great when you hit super fast and pile on elemental damage modifiers but we are not that kind of build at all.

There is nothing much to add to the empty socket unless you want another skill to manually activate in which case vaal molten shell, vaal haste, enduring cry, rallying cry, abyssal cry, etc. Or Enlighten if you happen to have one.
Have you tried with Glacial Hammer + Melee Splash?

It sounds good if the AoE effect keeps the Glacial Hammer shatter bonus.
Hey Sovyn

back into 2.1 for more lazy pally

I looked at your test for cast on crit, so I tried for a bit

Now that I finally got free from the bloodmagic shackles, I can sustain my mana with .8 mana leech from physical.

I'm using: Cyclone - Critical Chance - IronWill - CastOnCrit - Bladefall - Ethereal Knives

And adding ironwill boosted the clearspeed nicely, I tried blade vortex but I notice that I don't get many simultaneous vortexes, at most around 9 and rarely, so IronWill seems to serve me much better for now.

I still need to upgrade my dagger, I got a decent one, but not as good as the one you showed (low crit chance and missing spell crit chance)

However, I'm testing between Hatred and Haste, Hatred along with Herald of Ice seems to clear faster than Haste, maybe Haste becomes better if I increase my crit chance or use another secondary aura/buff, don't know, tested with both lvl 19 hatred and haste, my cyclone crit chance is 42.76% which increases to around 58% with the 3 power charges.

my 2 cents

keep up the great job with the lazy pally!
"
Have you tried with Glacial Hammer + Melee Splash?

It sounds good if the AoE effect keeps the Glacial Hammer shatter bonus.

I haven't tried it post 2.1 but I can't imagine that it would be better than Ice Crash with a DPS support gem instead of splash. The problem with all of the single target skills is that they 'waste' a socket for melee splash. They do work though just may not be best. I have been testing splash + viper strike though and it is decent especially on the bosses.
"
weberto wrote:
I looked at your test for cast on crit, so I tried for a bit

Thanks for trying it out, I'm not sure if it's better than the usual skills like static strike and reave though. Sure looks fun though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info