[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

So i finally found a mana leech ring that was agreeable and made some radical changes to the build. Combined with passive jewel that gave mana reduction on skills used, i now could drop the reduced mana gem on my 6L without ever having to drink mana.
Before i had 19k dps, i linked an added fire dmg gem and now am at a humble 24k dps without buffs. fire golem adds another 1k and bloodrage another 6k when fully frenzied. For now i cast bloodrage manually and it's at lvl 19. I'll make it 20% and link it with CWDT and see how i like that, probably dropping molten shell in the process in favor of increased durability duration on tempest shield and bloodrage, so it's more often up when you wade into the next mob.

few questions on the counterattack trigger gems:

-there are 2 that trigger on block, why did you choose riposte in favor of reckoning?
-with the trigger gem setup, do you charge up fast enough with endurance for extra mitigation during engagement?
-which do you think is better,charging up end or enfeebling them when counterattacks are made? (CoH+Enfeeble)
-you mention shield charge as a movement skill, when using mace, isn't leap slam a bit more versatile? You can leap over some of the obstacles, it does aoe (which is buffed by passives) and knocks back enemies occasionally (minor drawback,you want to have them close to AoE them all down asap)
-Something in the way
Last edited by Awoudex on Sep 1, 2015, 4:40:02 AM
Just didn't get what Romira's is used for? Or ist it just to replace a expensive diamond one?

How many accuracy on gear is needed to gain a decent hit chance (90% +)?
What's the come out on crit chance on static strike around?
Hey,
Thanks for a great build.
Went just a little different in the passive tree skill.
Still have to buy some stuff like 6L armor, Rainbowstride and corrupt amu/shield/boots and make the gems 20quality.

My DPS for now:
"
Pascoflyer wrote:
Hi! I'm doing your build and loving it, however, I've just hit act 3ish cruel and am finding my dps dropping significantly, takes me several seconds to kill most mobs, and my tankieness, while still formidable is starting to wane. On that note, I was wondering if you could look at my gear and offer any suggestions? My build is not following yours exactly due to gear and gem limitations, but I'm losing out somewhere and I'm not sure where. I appreciate it!

I'm level 61 now and playing Self-Found, because i'm poor and that stuff. But i have the same issue. I deal only 2300 damage with the static strike and i need several hits to kill easy mobs..

By the way: The build is pretty cool and I like it very much.
"
Pascoflyer wrote:
Hi! I'm doing your build and loving it, however, I've just hit act 3ish cruel and am finding my dps dropping significantly, takes me several seconds to kill most mobs, and my tankieness, while still formidable is starting to wane. On that note, I was wondering if you could look at my gear and offer any suggestions? My build is not following yours exactly due to gear and gem limitations, but I'm losing out somewhere and I'm not sure where. I appreciate it!

I can't see your gear. You can link it by clicking your avatar in the upper left hand corner of the screen while int the message composition box and then left-click each piece of gear. A small snippet of code will then appear in the message you are writing.

Usually low dps is a bad weapon that you have outgrown or maybe haven't invested in a cheap 5-link.
"
Awoudex wrote:
few questions on the counterattack trigger gems:

-there are 2 that trigger on block, why did you choose riposte in favor of reckoning?
-with the trigger gem setup, do you charge up fast enough with endurance for extra mitigation during engagement?
-which do you think is better,charging up end or enfeebling them when counterattacks are made? (CoH+Enfeeble)
-you mention shield charge as a movement skill, when using mace, isn't leap slam a bit more versatile? You can leap over some of the obstacles, it does aoe (which is buffed by passives) and knocks back enemies occasionally (minor drawback,you want to have them close to AoE them all down asap)

I use all 3 counter-attacks. You will notice that reckoning is on the curse on hit setup because it has a nice cone aoe size and a lower cooldown time.

Riposte is fine for the stun setup because it hits harder.

Endurance charges are spotty as are all the passive buffs. I don't really need them but there is nothing else to really put there for a passive setup.

I'd certainly choose the curse setup out of the two.

Leap slam is terrible in linear zones (ledge, aquaduct for example) compared to shield charge. In places like Shrine, shield charge is not as good as leap slam.

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Pascoflyer wrote:

I can't see your gear. You can link it by clicking your avatar in the upper left hand corner of the screen while int the message composition box and then left-click each piece of gear. A small snippet of code will then appear in the message you are writing.

Usually low dps is a bad weapon that you have outgrown or maybe haven't invested in a cheap 5-link.

This is my gear, and thanks for the forum tip! I always wondered how people did that!
"
Pascoflyer wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Pascoflyer wrote:

This is my gear, and thanks for the forum tip! I always wondered how people did that!

Ah, yeah. Your Mightflay isn't doing you any favors in the dps department ;)

Also, regarding your chest piece, you can take out the golem and put in Concentrated Effect to squeeze a bit more dps out of your Static Strike. Also, you can take out Blood Magic and put in Added Fire support gem to get much more dps out of it.

Hope this helps!
"
Mormegil1337 wrote:
Just didn't get what Romira's is used for? Or ist it just to replace a expensive diamond one?

How many accuracy on gear is needed to gain a decent hit chance (90% +)?
What's the come out on crit chance on static strike around?

Romira's is for the level 90+ build to provide 3 power charges to increase the chance to crit. If you don't crit, you get a charge. Think of it as building up a chance to crit (around 32%)... then.. bam... repeat.

Romira's also has decent dps for the level 90+ build with crit chance, crit multiplier, lots of accuracy and mana leech is important if you need it.

From the first page, you can see that I have around 2K accuracy and 88% chance to hit. I never notice that I'm missing at all.

This is not a "crit build" per se but it's a nice dps boost to have a bit of crit at very high levels. At lower levels it makes no sense whatsoever as RT is better hands down. You can see my progression build skill trees use RT until very high level.
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 2, 2015, 1:03:04 AM
"
Wdowiak wrote:
Hey,
Thanks for a great build.
Went just a little different in the passive tree skill.

Hi Wdowiak, glad you are enjoying. I hope you have some way of regaining mana with that physical to light support. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info