[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Kamina100 wrote:
I was able to upgrade my non-Romira's ring slot today by picking this up for 1c:

Seems like a good deal, and the guy was nice about it. I guess the corruption roll he got is a weak replacement for whatever implicit it had, but I wouldn't need the extra Fire Resist anyhow, and it's still a pretty big upgrade over what I had.

Yeah, since you have mana taken care of elsewhere that is a great ring. Congrats.
"
cutun79 wrote:
But my question is that how Doryani's match a 400pdps rare as I look at the number Doryani's dps isnt that much tho. Also if I stick with the original build but twist to the swords side and take the crit and jewel node like Shoujo suggested, would it make the build worse?

Yes of course any change from the standard build is for the worse IMO. :) I've tested pretty much everything.

Doryani's Catalyst has 10% increased Elemental Damage, (30 to 40)% increased Global Critical Strike Chance, (80 to 100)% increased Elemental Damage which all together on the final build make up for about/almost 100 pdps. Just make sure you get one over 300 pdps. If you are patient and wait for a good deal you would only have to save up 2ex to do that.

If I were you would I do swords (or whatever really) until at least level 86 or so (if you make it that high) and just keep RT until then. You can go for Strong Arm instead of Blunt Instrument. After 86 or so you can really spec into maces and crit like I do in the guide and get a Doryani's. Until then don't worry about it. By then you should have traded a little and have your 2ex no problem.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
cutun79 wrote:
But my question is that how Doryani's match a 400pdps rare as I look at the number Doryani's dps isnt that much tho. Also if I stick with the original build but twist to the swords side and take the crit and jewel node like Shoujo suggested, would it make the build worse?

Yes of course any change from the standard build is for the worse IMO. :) I've tested pretty much everything.

Doryani's Catalyst has 10% increased Elemental Damage, (30 to 40)% increased Global Critical Strike Chance, (80 to 100)% increased Elemental Damage which all together on the final build make up for about/almost 100 pdps. Just make sure you get one over 300 pdps. If you are patient and wait for a good deal you would only have to save up 2ex to do that.

If I were you would I do swords (or whatever really) until at least level 86 or so (if you make it that high) and just keep RT until then. You can go for Strong Arm instead of Blunt Instrument. After 86 or so you can really spec into maces and crit like I do in the guide and get a Doryani's. Until then don't worry about it. By then you should have traded a little and have your 2ex no problem.

Cool, thanks for the insight :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
cutun79 wrote:

How important is the increased elemental roll? The one I got a while back has about 305 pdps and 40% crit, but only 80% elemental (lowest possible roll). I wasn't paying much attention to the elemental roll when I got it. I could replace it eventually, but I wasn't looking at that as one of the next upgrades - I've been eying corrupted Stone of Lazhwar as something to target, because I think I'll need a 2% block one in order to get to 72% block (75% with Tempest Shield).
Last edited by Kamina100 on Aug 1, 2015, 7:50:33 PM
"
Kamina100 wrote:
How important is the increased elemental roll? The one I got a while back has about 305 pdps and 40% crit, but only 80% elemental (lowest possible roll). I wasn't paying much attention to the elemental roll when I got it. I could replace it eventually, but I wasn't looking at that as one of the next upgrades - I've been eying corrupted Stone of Lazhwar as something to target, because I think I'll need a 2% block one in order to get to 72% block (75% with Tempest Shield).

Another 5 or 10% elemental damage is not going to matter much. It's additive, not multiplicative. Personally I don't worry about that stat when shopping for Doryani's. Yes you need 2% block amulet to cap block... or 2% gloves. Or Aegis.
Would doing this build with added ice dmg, ice nova cast when dmg taken, frostbite etc work to make it even tankier with the freeze/chills?
Hey again!

I just wanted to give this build a +1 for carrying me all the way to level 79 on Tempest league (mostly self-found/minimal trading/no uniques outside of a Cameria's Maul+Lioneye's Remorse) before ripping on a lag spiked Flame Bearer mob.

Also wanted to give a +1 to Doryani's Catalyst because I just obtained a 321pdps one on Standard and that shot my dps up by a noticable 1-2k on Static Strike :D
(Was using a 291pdps one prior to the 321pdps one)

Currently at 46,685 on Static Strike in hideout with only aura, herald of ash, and flame golem.
Stats at level 90
4739 HP
225 Energy Shield
73% Block chance before Rumi (less lazy/more awareness but quite good IMO)
54% Spell block chance before Rumi

I wanted to try this build with a Corsair Sword but... that's not gonna happen with the prices of 300pdps+ Corsairs, lol!

@Sovyn: I would like to request a gear check (more like gear confirmation) if you get the chance. Char name oOEkiholicOo. I have a feeling you will tell me to get rid of the Abyssus (working on it but that DPS boost too good, plus it's Standard/softcore). I have followed your tree mostly up to the point of not spec-ing out of Strong Arm yet (need points/don't feel like it at the moment)

My main difference between our builds is that I don't use CWDT golem+Blood Rage+Tempest Shield. I self cast all that :D

And a math request: if I have 88.984 tooltip dps with all charges/atziri flask, what is my calculated dps?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. And again, I am enjoying this build to the maximum amount!
Last edited by andrew8448 on Aug 2, 2015, 2:51:19 PM
"
Pascoflyer wrote:
Would doing this build with added ice dmg, ice nova cast when dmg taken, frostbite etc work to make it even tankier with the freeze/chills?

You could try it but thinking about when I'm at risk, I don't think it would make any difference. Things that explode (flameblast, flame bearers, corpse explosion, ice nova strongbox in -resist maps, etc), damage over time effects, stuff like that. Incidentally all skippable or doable with some care.
"
andrew8448 wrote:
Hey again!

I just wanted to give this build a +1 for carrying me all the way to level 79 on Tempest league (mostly self-found/minimal trading/no uniques outside of a Cameria's Maul+Lioneye's Remorse) before ripping on a lag spiked Flame Bearer mob.

Also wanted to give a +1 to Doryani's Catalyst because I just obtained a 321pdps one on Standard and that shot my dps up by a noticable 1-2k on Static Strike :D

Currently at 46,685 on Static Strike in hideout with only aura, herald of ash, and flame golem.
Stats at level 90
4739 HP
225 Energy Shield

I wanted to try this build with a Corsair Sword but... that's not gonna happen with the prices of 300pdps+ Corsairs, lol!

@Sovyn: I would like to request a gear check (more like gear confirmation) if you get the chance. Char name oOEkiholicOo. I have a feeling you will tell me to get rid of the Abyssus (working on it but that DPS boost too good, plus it's Standard/softcore). I have followed your tree mostly up to the point of not spec-ing out of Strong Arm yet (need points/don't feel like it at the moment)

My main difference between our builds is that I don't use CWDT golem+Blood Rage+Tempest Shield. I self cast all that :D

And a math request: if I have 88.984 tooltip dps with all charges/atziri flask, what is my calculated dps?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. And again, I am enjoying this build to the maximum amount!

Hi Andrew :)

Funny I was just talking about flame bearers (bloodline mod) in my prior post. Sorry to hear of the RIP.

Rare weapons that rival Doryani's (probably 400 pdps to actually beat it) are sure expensive. It would be nice if there were at least one unique sword or claw that rivaled Doryani's in terms of being relatively common and doing a nice amount of damage. For example to enable use of Whirling Blades (still my favorite movement skill).

Gear check, I assume frost blades is just there for testing. The gloves are maybe a bit on the weak side. If you are ok on mana with .6% leech, great. The belt looks upgradeable also. I see you are really into DPS jewels on the tree which is fine, personal choice I suppose if you want to use Rumi's all the time. You made up a couple percent with the uber 4% corruption on the amulet. You're right, I probably wouldn't advocate Abyssus as a first choice for most people. Otherwise, looks fine.

Static Strike damage calculation:

88984 * 0.6 = 53390
53390 * 1.08 = 57661
57661 + 88984 = 146645

146,645 calculated DPS
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
andrew8448 wrote:
Hey again!

Stats at level 90
4739 HP
225 Energy Shield

Hi Andrew :)

Funny I was just talking about flame bearers (bloodline mod) in my prior post. Sorry to hear of the RIP.

Rare weapons that rival Doryani's (probably 400 pdps to actually beat it) are sure expensive. It would be nice if there were at least one unique sword or claw that rivaled Doryani's in terms of being relatively common and doing a nice amount of damage. For example to enable use of Whirling Blades (still my favorite movement skill).

Gear check, I assume frost blades is just there for testing. The gloves are maybe a bit on the weak side. If you are ok on mana with .6% leech, great. The belt looks upgradeable also. I see you are really into DPS jewels on the tree which is fine, personal choice I suppose if you want to use Rumi's all the time. You made up a couple percent with the uber 4% corruption on the amulet. You're right, I probably wouldn't advocate Abyssus as a first choice for most people. Otherwise, looks fine.

Static Strike damage calculation:

88984 * 0.6 = 53390
53390 * 1.08 = 57661
57661 + 88984 = 146645

146,645 calculated DPS

Thank you for the insightful and informative post! I really appreciate it!
And yes, Frost Blades is there for testing. Still one of my favorite looking/sounding skills. Sadly I dont think it will rival Static Strike in pure dps numbers nor will it rival the AOE, either.
How would you go about upgrading my gloves? Belt would probably require a Rustic Sash with armor at the very least. I am a very bad shopper/trader, haha!
I have a tri-res with no life mod gloves on another char. Gonna craft hp on it but then I lose the attack speed/mana leech needed. Life is tough in the trading scene atm.

And yeah, the main reason I want a sword is to use Whirling Blades. Really good for dodging boss smashes. Probably better than Shield Charge.
Have you put any consideration into Flame Dash? It may be useful/faster for jumping over ledges on certain maps. Haven't personally tried it yet but wondering if you have and if so, any thoughts/opinions?

I shall keep an eye out and thank you again for the post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info