[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
You can get mana leech on jewels along with block and this is an excellent option if you can swing it. Assuming GGG has not removed it already! The data mined info here does not show it anymore... http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?type=42&attr=136

A little follow up on that... apparently that site has the mods for jewels split up for some reason and the mana leech only occurs on Viridian jewels. Something to keep in mind.
Hey sovyn since 2.0 we got crit
How about switch to a CoC atk
Cyclone\CoC\Discharge\Blood Magic\Increase Critical Strikes\Ark or Ethrial Knives
Knives
Hey Sovyn!

It's been quite a few months since I last played PoE so I'm a bit rusty but I had a great time getting my Templar up to 87 with your Lazy Pally build back then. I just have two questions for you since the update for 2.0.

1. I remember that the build before had Resolute Techniques before. What changed in 2.0 that we can now drop this skill?

2. Are there any differences in the skill tree or anything else that you would recommend adopting if I decide to use the Aegis Aurora? (Currently using AR/ES chest and Rainbowstride for ES)

Thanks again for the awesome build and all your hard work in making this guide!
"
sockgr wrote:
Cyclone\CoC\Discharge\Blood Magic\Increase Critical Strikes\Ark or Ethrial Knives
Knives

I've played builds like that before but haven't tested on this one. I assume since we don't have a lot of crit chance and no spell damage nodes that it wouldn't be as good as what we are doing now. Always worth checking out though. Sure would make the guide a lot more complicated for new players to wrap their heads around so I'm kind of hoping it's not good. :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
sockgr wrote:
Knives

I've played builds like that before but haven't tested on this one. I assume since we don't have a lot of crit chance and no spell damage nodes that it wouldn't be as good as what we are doing now. Always worth checking out though. Sure would make the guide a lot more complicated for new players to wrap their heads around so I'm kind of hoping it's not good. :)

I have tryed it but with low lvl gems and i beleave it could be good.
Ok sovyn i am goin to check it.it will cost me but nvm.i will try make a video of it if its good.what program should i use?
"
Arkrow wrote:
Hey Sovyn!

It's been quite a few months since I last played PoE so I'm a bit rusty but I had a great time getting my Templar up to 87 with your Lazy Pally build back then. I just have two questions for you since the update for 2.0.

1. I remember that the build before had Resolute Techniques before. What changed in 2.0 that we can now drop this skill?

2. Are there any differences in the skill tree or anything else that you would recommend adopting if I decide to use the Aegis Aurora? (Currently using AR/ES chest and Rainbowstride for ES)

Thanks again for the awesome build and all your hard work in making this guide!

Welcome back, Arkrow :)

1) GGG eased up a tad on scarcity of block and I had enough points to take some crit related nodes so it made sense to establish the defenses at lower level and then at high level spec out of RT and get some extra dps and elemental status effects from crit.

2) No, the tree is Aegis compatible as-is. I suppose you could do 2 spell block or life jewels instead of 2 of the block ones since Aegis has 32% block.
"
sockgr wrote:
I have tryed it but with low lvl gems and i beleave it could be good.
Ok sovyn i am goin to check it.it will cost me but nvm.i will try make a video of it if its good.what program should i use?

I think I have a high cast on crit and EK gem in the stash somewhere. Anyway I use OBS https://obsproject.com/
In testing, I'm happy to report that this cast on crit cyclone combo runs fine on mana with 0.8% mana leech:

No blood magic gem needed. That's because only the cast on crit and increased crit strikes gems count as multipliers for the cyclone.

Cleared merciless aqueduct with this.... obviously this is very easy with any gems but it shows promise. Better? Not sure yet....

tested this one too...

Works but thinking it won't be quite as good as our usual setup. For one thing we lose any endurance charges we might gain. Not seeing better damage but it would be hard to tell in merciless as it's too easy. The only thing that might show a difference is Malachai but I'd have to change the colors on my main chest to try that... horrors.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 28, 2015, 5:55:56 AM

Sovyn perfect guide bro...keep up the good work!!!

This is my current gear(71lvl) right now but i think i am struggling a bit should i change something or keep going like this???
boss i did the test... cost me 6 ex to buy 20/20 gems..AAAANNNDDDD its..
NOT WORTH IT.
static strike is like 10 times better!
naw i have to sell the gems back.xD

edit: ok boss... i have found our next top atacking skill...
WILD STRIKE
just bought from act 3 at 11 lvl and has the clearing speed
of statick strike 20/20

test it too plz. its cheap tell me your opinion plz
i have bought an 17% quality 8 lvl.
almost 40k tooltip dps(shows only the first hit)
with same links as static.
Last edited by sockgr on Jul 28, 2015, 2:40:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info