[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Buiaka wrote:
I think you should post a skill tree that is most oriented for HC/tankyness.

This is the final build that im going for: .....

So basically im keeping RT and not speccing in all the dmg/crit nodes that you have at 85+, except Blunt Instrument. This is why i decided to not go for the chaos res/life circle as going 8 skill point isn't worth it.

Instead i'm going for nearby +endurance charges and unyielding (-20% dmg taken from crits). I've noticed that jewels are REALLY good for our builds as you can get like 1% block, 7% max life, chaos/ele res

Going that way is fine, your damage will be less. Don't forget that the faster monsters die the safer you are. The minus damage from crits is not as good as it seems, it doesn't really do what it says. 0.3% reduced damage on most monsters due to how crit multipliers work.

You'd be better off with rampart or heart of oak or herbalism/aspect of the panther than some of those choices IMO, we have enough armour and you can use granite. I reach 90% physical damage reduction.

Do what you want if you are going to play HC the last thing I want is to get blamed when you die. :) Do heed my advice and level a character all the way in SC first though to learn the ropes and when you can never die there then consider HC. No one is a good enough gamer to avoid death no matter what their build is if they have never played the content before. PoE is just too tricky for that.
"
andrew8448 wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
Updated my current gear and stats section today. The number most of you will be interested in: Peak Calculated DPS 93,148.

Thanks for the update!
Wondering, can you share with me how you get the calculated dps after seeing tool tip dps? I would love to calculate my own. Thank you kindly!

Sure thing. Since the explosion on static strike is 40% less, we take the tooltip number times .6 then multiply the result times 1.08 for Amplify then add that number to the tooltip for an approximate DPS total (on sustained fights).
Hello !

Thank you for this build, i'm using it and i'm loving it !
Just a quick question for you that may have been ask already (but 400 pages bro x3):
Why not molten shell instead of ice golem and ice golem on your shield instead of herald of ice ?

Is this for the "lazy" thing ?
Or Molten Shell is a bad skill in anyway ?
Last edited by Karast on Jul 26, 2015, 1:52:56 AM
"
Karast wrote:
Hello !

Thank you for this build, i'm using it and i'm loving it !
Just a quick question for you that may have been ask already (but 400 pages bro x3):
Why not molten shell instead of ice golem and ice golem on your shield instead of herald of ice ?

Is this for the "lazy" thing ?
Or Molten Shell is a bad skill in anyway ?

Molten Shell / Vaal Molten Shell are fine skills especially for the early/mid game but I don't take any gem I'd have to manually activate. This is intended to be pretty close to a one-button build. Flasks notwithstanding, of course.
I have got question about my mistakes with my poor damage Pally!! I have got very low damage on Static Strike and other good skills.

Skill Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUAAO4EswUtBjkJMwthDPcNzRQgFSAZtBo-G5cbrRzOHt8qTStQLOktgy_MNZI8BTwtPQ894j8nQKBFR0a3R35I7krITwRPVlBHUWBfP2BlYuxlTWebaPJp_m6qcql07XiueTl673vDfNl-4oLkg8yE2YTvhrOKr4rkkBGb7KIAqZWsr64-r2yvp7M_tQS18raKtz69Nr6nvrzAZsC_xPbGrtE202_Tfti92sHiLOQi5FHp1ezL7w7veu988B_x_vMG9qP3Mvuq_gr-VA==?accountName=Wirowmaker&characterName=Wirowmaker

Actually my Gear:

only 15k dps. I trying incrase damage with add elemental damage with weapons, and bought good rolled Doryani's Vaal Sceptre with your tips and question is next:

On 78 Lvl with this items, and skill tree it's possible to do more damage? If it's possible what I need to do to incrase it?? Concentrated effect ??

Now I using BoR becuase this item have got tons of block and incrasing greatly my Damage from 7k to 15 k lol, maybe it's other mistake ?? Better will be 6L armor or what??

Or maybe I need become more patient... and incrase my lvl and skill tree??

What do You think guys??

Last edited by Wirowmaker on Jul 26, 2015, 5:04:21 AM
"
Wirowmaker wrote:

On 78 Lvl with this items, and skill tree it's possible to do more damage? If it's possible what I need to do to incrase it?? Concentrated effect ??

What do You think guys??

You can start with getting 20% support gems, that will boost it by some.
"
Wirowmaker wrote:
I have got question about my mistakes with my poor damage Pally!! I have got very low damage on Static Strike and other good skills.

Hi,

I am also using bor so I just wanted to reply... These will be first things that come to my mind and I am sure Sovyn may give you more detailed answer...

Firstly, the obvious thing is your gems are low lvl so you will get more dps when they lvled.. Secondly, you are using faster attacks gem on your bor... I think weapon elemental dmg would be so much better since bor already has faster attacks.. And thirdly, if you buy a rustic that you can master craft weapon elemental dmg, this would also give you some dps increase.. (do not forget to use some blessed orbs in order get 22-24 increased phy dmg implicit on your rustic) And, lastly you can try blood rage gem in your CWDT setup for a little increase on your dps..
Last edited by NicholaiHell on Jul 26, 2015, 5:16:03 PM
"
Wirowmaker wrote:

Skill Tree:

Actually my Gear:

only 15k dps. I trying incrase damage with add elemental damage with weapons, and bought good rolled Doryani's Vaal Sceptre with your tips and question is next:

Now I using BoR becuase this item have got tons of block and incrasing greatly my Damage from 7k to 15 k lol, maybe it's other mistake ?? Better will be 6L armor or what??

Or maybe I need become more patient... and incrase my lvl and skill tree??

What do You think guys??

Hello Wirowmaker!

Looking at your tree, you went for Galvanic Hammer much too soon. Take out those 7 points and get Retaliation and Blunt Instrument and Strong Arm and Defiance instead for the 7 points. Waaaaay better. You are missing some of the best notable nodes!

Your attack skill and associated support gems are really very low level. It's amazing you are doing 15K with those really. :) But 15K is good if you are in your hideout because blood rage and Atziri's Promise will boost it quite a bit when you are fighting. You have those things right? :D

Belt could have better physical roll easy fix with blessed orbs. Belt could be one with a slot for you to master craft weapon elemental with Tora. Use this spreadsheet and this wiki page to figure it all out when shopping.

Gloves could have physical damage...

Rings could have more physical damage...

Note that physical damage from gear is much more important than any elemental stuff. Got to prioritize.

6-link chest is a little better than BoR once you get 20/20 gems but that's minor, maybe another 1-2K, get more levels and the stuff I mentioned above will make a bigger difference. The thing with using a 6-link chest is you are not so stressed for resists so it opens up room for damage on your other gear too. A goal for a few months out possibly, when you are level 93+ and more into trading.

Overall you are doing great for only level 78.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 26, 2015, 5:13:26 PM
"
NicholaiHell wrote:
Secondly, you are using faster attacks gem on your bor... I think weapon elemental dmg would be so much better since bor already has faster attacks..

Good one I missed that because I didn't look closely. That's a must, Wirowmaker! :)
Haku lvl 6 can craft 4-12% increased Weapon Elemental Damage on prefixes on body armour, shields, boots and helmets. Might be useful information if you are gonna min/max that dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info