[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Thank you Sovyn!
I'm in the middle of running my first map with flicker strike+fortify
I've never worked with flicker strike before, and because of that it's a definite DPS decrease for me because I keep consuming frenzy charges and walking away from the groups of enemies I'm attacking. My tooltip DPS went up from 10k to 14k though.

I'll try it for an hour or two more, see if I can gain some skill with it. If not, what about Leap slam+fortify+blood magic? It's easy to use, and currently the downtime is about the same as flickerstrike (since I mess up so much). I'd like faster attacks in there to speed up Leapslam, but I'd have to drop blood magic.
Another option would be to use shield charge, but I haven't ever tried that one either

EDIT: I finished the map with flicker strike and I fumbled the attack every time.
So for the next map I decided to grab shield charge and use it for a bit. I love it! I've just done a map with it, and it's great! I barely have to stop DPSing to re-apply fortify while I'm in melee range, and it's a good way of getting to my enemies when I'm not.
The set up is: Shield charge+fortify+faster attacks. I think I will switch FA for BM so I dont have to worry about mana.(no 42%faster attacks is a big loss though: 0.35s to 0.46)

"
ExtremeRage wrote:

Which lvl the gems should be and which gems do you use for maxiumum DPS:)?

All of yourgems to max level, except for the following linked gems:
Cast when damage taken: level 9
Summon Flame Golem: level 11
Tempest Shield: level 12
Bloodrage: level 12 (this gem is optional-ish)
Last edited by Pin_Cracker on Jul 14, 2015, 4:51:09 PM
I'm so confused how you're dealing added chaos damage on your attacks.

Edit: Atziri's Promise?
Last edited by Wyrick on Jul 14, 2015, 4:55:57 PM
"
PunaniPanda wrote:
Can some1 please help me figure out what i need to upgrade in order to get closer to Sovyn's reported dps numbers? My dps is only around 2742.88 and ice crash dps is reported as 8000.

Weapon - you need a doryani's cayalyst if you want a ton more dps. If you can't afford that, a 350 pdps rare would give you a little more damage for a small cost.

Eventually you will get more damage nodes. I try to focus on defenses early on on the progression skill trees as that's more important IMO. If you can survive in groups you will level.

Gem levels and quality on your attack skill combo. Those gems you have are really low level still.
"
ExtremeRage wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
ExtremeRage wrote:
Do you mind updating the gems youve put in at the bottom of your guide or is it already updated im abit confused :P

The ones in your items*

It was updated a couple days ago. The levels are messed up in my CWDT still, takes a bit to adjust that but I wanted to update anyway. If you are confused about something in particular, let me know.

That's where I'm at right now, may adjust downward later because it's not going off quite often enough yet.

By "maximum dps" I assume you mean attack skill combos - if you want max dps you would have to compromise on convenience. It's a trade-off.

For example your highest tooltip DPS is going to be: Static Strike - Melee Physical - Multistrike - Weapon Elemental - Added Fire - Faster Attacks (organized by priority). Same thing I was using for nearly a year in 1.3.

I was talking about trade-offs in convenience. With this example you have to put Fortify on your movement skill instead and it's a pain to target a monster and hit the movement skill every 4 seconds (flicker strike helps as you don't have to target but you lose frenzy charges). Also you will run out of mana on a few fast-moving solo map bosses. Blood Magic support gem adds a convenience again here at a cost of some more dps but you then don't have to ever worry about mana flasks.
"
Pin_Cracker wrote:
Thank you Sovyn!
I'm in the middle of running my first map with flicker strike+fortify
I've never worked with flicker strike before, and because of that it's a definite DPS decrease for me because I keep consuming frenzy charges and walking away from the groups of enemies I'm attacking. My tooltip DPS went up from 10k to 14k though.

I'll try it for an hour or two more, see if I can gain some skill with it. If not, what about Leap slam+fortify+blood magic? It's easy to use, and currently the downtime is about the same as flickerstrike (since I mess up so much). I'd like faster attacks in there to speed up Leapslam, but I'd have to drop blood magic.
Another option would be to use shield charge, but I haven't ever tried that one either

EDIT: I finished the map with flicker strike and I fumbled the attack every time.
So for the next map I decided to grab shield charge and use it for a bit. I love it! I've just done a map with it, and it's great! I barely have to stop DPSing to re-apply fortify while I'm in melee range, and it's a good way of getting to my enemies when I'm not.
The set up is: Shield charge+fortify+faster attacks. I think I will switch FA for BM so I dont have to worry about mana.(no 42%faster attacks is a big loss though: 0.35s to 0.46)

I've been testing all of these movement skills the last couple days. My findings are very similar to yours. I don't particularly like having to hold the mouse over a specific monster to get the Fortify refresh thus the flicker strike idea. Flicker works well for me especially with Cyclone but I'm still not sure it's my favorite, certainly shield charge is awesome for movement. Leap of course has some utility as well. *sigh* :) PS Whirling Blades is great but won't work with Doryani's which is the only 'cheap and good' weapon.
"
Wyrick wrote:
I'm so confused how you're dealing added chaos damage on your attacks.

Edit: Atziri's Promise?

Yes :)
I Made this build with BoR lol armor + Block chance with sh1t items: 75% spell block around 60% lol unstoppable force! This is tank of tanks! Realy hard like bulls ballz !!!

Only one minus for me on this build is that damage 13k ;/ lol with boR with 6L armor lower than bor WTF?? I made skill tree for 80+ my champ is 76 templar.

Plaing on static strike tell me what I need change to do better damage like 30k+++??? some tips please bro!

Items:

"
Pin_Cracker wrote:

"
ExtremeRage wrote:

All of yourgems to max level, except for the following linked gems:
Cast when damage taken: level 9
Summon Flame Golem: level 11
Tempest Shield: level 12
Bloodrage: level 12 (this gem is optional-ish)

There also might be one or two which have an intelligence stat requirement to watch out for, to make sure it doesn't get leveled beyond what your stat permits.
Last edited by Kamina100 on Jul 14, 2015, 7:27:05 PM
"
Wirowmaker wrote:
I Made this build with BoR lol armor + Block chance with sh1t items: 75% spell block around 60% lol unstoppable force! This is tank of tanks! Realy hard like bulls ballz !!!

Only one minus for me on this build is that damage 13k ;/ lol with boR with 6L armor lower than bor WTF?? I made skill tree for 80+ my champ is 76 templar.

Plaing on static strike tell me what I need change to do better damage like 30k+++??? some tips please bro!

Glad you like how tanky the build is, Wirowmaker

You have faster attacks on there twice, one as a BoR mod the other as a gem. You can replace that with Multistrike for a nice damage boost.

Getting high DPS requires investment of time or currency to max out your attack skill support gems. As you know you can level them all twice to 20 using the vendor recipe or you can trade for better gems.

Also a better weapon will help - Doryani's Catalyst is best for anywhere near its price.

Rings, gloves and belt can contribute quite a bit as well. Physical damage X-XX (rings and gloves), attack speed (gloves maybe rings but life is more important), elemental damage (belt, can be master crafted). You don't need crit for quite a while yet.

Don't forget to use Atziri's Promise flask to power through bosses. Once you get the optimal setup white monsters will melt too fast to bother with the flask.
"
Sovyn wrote:
I've been testing all of these movement skills the last couple days. My findings are very similar to yours. I don't particularly like having to hold the mouse over a specific monster to get the Fortify refresh thus the flicker strike idea. Flicker works well for me especially with Cyclone but I'm still not sure it's my favorite, certainly shield charge is awesome for movement. Leap of course has some utility as well. *sigh* :) PS Whirling Blades is great but won't work with Doryani's which is the only 'cheap and good' weapon.

I dont really mind clicking on enemies, sure I miss sometimes. It's something that can be learned, and it is useful for many ranged builds as well. I do agree though that whirling blades would be nicer.

Now about the flame golem: It dies a lot. For me it has about a 25% uptime which is pretty awful. the reason for this is because it gets killed pretty quickly, especially in the higher level maps. A couple posts above, you mention that youre still in the process of finding a nice CWDT level, but wont our golem weaken along with the slightly more frequent casts?
What about just using a level 1 cwdt? It should trigger pretty often then. (11% chance of me not blocking or evading)
I dont really have the resources to test this based on a hunch though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info