[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Found this sweet number in a Shrine map:

Hesitant to use it because it would make the build look expensive even though it cost me nothing.... will think about it. :)
Congratz!

(USE IT :D)
So i've been running this build a while now. Few of my own findings and 1 question:

-whirling blades by far the best movement skill to position in the center of a mob to kill them all really efficiently with the megasplash dmg this build has
-took a different priority, went for dps nodes first since i already had pretty good tankiness, which made it possible to advance faster

question:

what the @#$% is needed to not die to those exploding zombies that that particular rogue exile summons? I'm in lazy mode and all of a sudden 2-3 of those zombies kill me because of their explosive power. The rogue summons dozens of those critters and they are sometimes really hard to distinguish from regular mobs untill it is too late (it is the only thing besides some of the OP mapbosses that kills me still)
Does someone have ideas besides using bottles? (requires them to be recognized beforehand, which defeats the purpose of my question)

thanx!
-Something in the way
Took a break from POE but reinstalling at the moment,

Been a fan of the build for a while and looking forward to getting back to it.

Gear:

Appreciate the continued effort on Sovyn's part

Happy to dontate 10c or so to the 'lazy fund' (appreciation/support for you to continue with the helpful guide)

Add me so i can throw my chaos at you Sovyn

Cheers
Last edited by youngpuddles on Apr 23, 2015, 1:15:03 PM
"
Awoudex wrote:
So i've been running this build a while now. Few of my own findings and 1 question:

-whirling blades by far the best movement skill to position in the center of a mob to kill them all really efficiently with the megasplash dmg this build has
-took a different priority, went for dps nodes first since i already had pretty good tankiness, which made it possible to advance faster

question:

what the @#$% is needed to not die to those exploding zombies that that particular rogue exile summons? I'm in lazy mode and all of a sudden 2-3 of those zombies kill me because of their explosive power. The rogue summons dozens of those critters and they are sometimes really hard to distinguish from regular mobs untill it is too late (it is the only thing besides some of the OP mapbosses that kills me still)
Does someone have ideas besides using bottles? (requires them to be recognized beforehand, which defeats the purpose of my question)

thanx!

Hi Awoudex :)

- Yes, whirling blades is awesome and I used it for a long time. However the weapon cost is too high relative to the value that Doryani's Catalyst provides (for the same overall dps). Maybe a good cheap unique sword will emerge in the 70 uniques coming in 2.0.

- Explosions - meant to avoid in general IMHO, only way to counter is by having godlike life. Belly of the Beast adds some but probably still not enough. Explosions include the summoner rogue, the flameblast rogue, strongboxes with detonate, etc. This will be the case for the vast majority of builds.
"
youngpuddles wrote:

Been a fan of the build for a while and looking forward to getting back to it.

Welcome back, youngpuddles! Let me know if you have any questions :)
"
Awoudex wrote:

question:

thanx!

Sadly Minara Anemina is a Toon killer, particularly for Melee characters. I was well on my way to second and third rewards in 1MHC when I ran into her, or more correctly her minions ran into me. What I should have done is run past her with a QS flask and not looked back. That's the preferred approach with a Melee character. Yeah, it sucks but sometimes Wraeclast is tempting you to tackle something that you really just shouldn't.

In comparison my Three Dragons Crit Arc Witch just steam rolls Minara as the minions never get close to me. However, Xandro Blooddrinker has destroyed that same build countless times whereas the Lazy Pally can pretty much face tank him. It's wise to choose your battles, particularly in PoE :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Awoudex wrote:

question:

thanx!

Hi Awoudex :)

- Yes, whirling blades is awesome and I used it for a long time. However the weapon cost is too high relative to the value that Doryani's Catalyst provides (for the same overall dps). Maybe a good cheap unique sword will emerge in the 70 uniques coming in 2.0.

- Explosions - meant to avoid in general IMHO, only way to counter is by having godlike life. Belly of the Beast adds some but probably still not enough. Explosions include the summoner rogue, the flameblast rogue, strongboxes with detonate, etc. This will be the case for the vast majority of builds.

oh haha, no, i'm using whirling blades for positioning only, my main attack is static strike, got it in my shield with faster attacks and reduced mana so i can whirl across maps fast without running out of mana any time soon, especially handy with some of the master missions.

thanks for the answers (not only you bothered) either avoid or become godly life. It will be a challenge either way to get enough life to not die from sneaked in summons OR to always be aware for that very rare instance.

Ran into her again yesterday, switched static for heavy strike, took of multistrike, vengeange and riposte AND turned off herald of ash.... then i found out even when singling out with NO AoE whatsoever you still die XD, well the build is not yet finished, but i can't imagine 10% extra chance of evation and block would do that trick...

cheers you lazy gamers :)
-Something in the way
"
Awoudex wrote:
oh haha, no, i'm using whirling blades for positioning only, my main attack is static strike, got it in my shield with faster attacks and reduced mana so i can whirl across maps fast without running out of mana any time soon, especially handy with some of the master missions.

Ran into her again yesterday, switched static for heavy strike, took of multistrike, vengeange and riposte AND turned off herald of ash.... then i found out even when singling out with NO AoE whatsoever you still die XD, well the build is not yet finished, but i can't imagine 10% extra chance of evation and block would do that trick...

Right, I was only using whirling blades for movement with faster attacks. What I meant is any good weapon besides a Doryani's Catalyst is too expensive. (Whirling blades requires a sword, dagger or claw as you know.)

Explosions are one of the few things in PoE that block and evasion and armour won't protect you from. I think having Fortify buff up in 2.0 will help. That's about a month and a half away yet.
There's a list of unique items so far in Awakening: http://cb.poedb.tw/us/unique.php?c=theawakening

Anything on there that you like in particular?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info