[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Ttanik wrote:
Sovyn, those 12/12/12/24% at the level 90 passive skills doesnt make any difference on dps relevance when wielding an one handed sword instead of this mace?

Thanks

They should, Ttanik, but I don't have a good enough sword to do a fair comparison. It certainly would cost a lot more than Doryani's. At least 350 PDPS, maybe a bit more, to be a fair comparison. Probably 4-8 times the cost of a Doryani's.

I take those nodes only for the block, just look at it as 'travel nodes'.
Hi Sovyn,

I have finally got my build to a place to I feel good with. I know I have a few things I need to do, such as pdmg on my gloves (I just couldn't find it for a good bargain), raise static strike to 20% (hopefully soon) and maybe buy a Doryani's.

Is there anything that you can else you can suggest to make my build stronger? What gems benefit most from quality?

My second question is in regards to defeating Atziri. I was able to complete one shard set while I was leveling, and I am not sure if I should use it. At what point should I feel comfortable facing her. Also, what flasks would you recommend I take with me?

Thank you for your contribution to the POE community.
So, I found this and actually like the way it works with Herald of Ash :)

"
Chronk wrote:

Is there anything that you can else you can suggest to make my build stronger? What gems benefit most from quality?

My second question is in regards to defeating Atziri.

Hi Chronk,

I'd consider replacing Ming's heart with a ring with flat physical damage and life.

Quality static first for clear efficiency, then faster attacks. Quality on the other attack skill supports is alright but additive not multiplicative, so not a huge difference.

Quality on increased duration for immortal call duration.

Replace white flask with staunching for puncture and corrupting blood.

Consider leap slam instead of shield charge.

Meginord's is quite upgradeable with a rustic sash with elemental damage, life, armour. I compared, mine is better and it was not very costly but luck is involved there.

Atziri - still have not sat down long enough to do her. Lots happened last year IRL. I'm really laid back so this is still new content to me. I've been at this a while. I assume we would tackle her like everyone else does: get the double vaals down evenly, kill the trio with chained immortal call manually casted, manually dodge the double flameblast from Atziri. If we can smooth over any of this with max block, great, but I would not expect it. I think once I finally make 93 I'll go ahead and give it a whirl. Obviously a video proving it can be done with my build is way overdue. I have heard that melee is harder for this fight than ranged, obviously I don't think this fight is the be-all-end-all.... there is a lot more to the game so I just kind of shrug when people think it's a big deal to be able to farm her or not. To be honest most people no matter what build they use don't win the first time, you have to keep at it and get the rhythm down, unless super rich. This fight can be done with *any* build by the most skilled players, it's more about the player than the build.
"
Stefacle wrote:

I found one too :)

It's interesting all right but I think I get too much out of a rare ring to trade it out for a unique though. My whole setup would fall apart! :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Stefacle wrote:

I found one too :)

It's interesting all right but I think I get too much out of a rare ring to trade it out for a unique though. My whole setup would fall apart! :)

Yeah, that's what I thought as well.

However, I still think it's great at least for leveling Normal - Merciless. Being only Level 11 it can be used from very early on.

But once I start mapping I'll probably start looking for a good rare ring to replace it.

Getting there, at level 56 now, and getting to the end of Act 1 Merciless, so maps should start dropping soon :)
"
Stefacle wrote:

Getting there, at level 56 now, and getting to the end of Act 1 Merciless, so maps should start dropping soon :)

Great! Keep us posted.
Did some theorycrafting for a Scion version of this build, and https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAHt9PVrM_vrxKyIqvkBGC5MB2FI4XPipNPycs6RUg1op_K3fXVvr8xd0NSn3jn4d2Z6A4lmRaXPm3FwIRo-dE0gMn1FIwfD3i18tMYKOK7g4brUjuzAZyw6sL0354rv66fXVHfr02ZU2-pxm0ytOE2cGCL8xi7E1GBS1673TthO9gSzJOwL9AoF4TrK8bl6mVDPfYvTWStfJuqv4KPC3Grrc-7w5QR-RRZ5uuPnfjXz8UIHk5fuIaPunVBjkkiz0PxPbzBvuqUWCmV03j_o864fJFMZ6kOdCBR-Ii4g== is what I came up with, compared to a 110 point version of the tree. The major difference between our skill trees are that I skip out on on Resolute Technique and the Inner Force nodes, instead adding a bit more life and some more accuracy nodes, since I feel like it is a waste going RT when I plan on using Swords. Big fan of the guide so far, and I'm leveling up a character that follows this right now.
IGN: ragol
"
Pioneer2 wrote:
Did some theorycrafting for a Scion version of this build, and ..... is what I came up with, compared to a 110 point version of the tree. The major difference between our skill trees are that I skip out on on Resolute Technique and the Inner Force nodes, instead adding a bit more life and some more accuracy nodes, since I feel like it is a waste going RT when I plan on using Swords. Big fan of the guide so far, and I'm leveling up a character that follows this right now.

Hi Pioneer, allow me to explain why RT and inner force are a good investment.

RT is the best three points you could put into damage for the endgame with a sword and board build, because your chance to hit will be at best 80%. That means your dps goes up 20% with just three points, something that is impossible anywhere else on the tree. Additionally, consistent leeching is how we keep our mana up and missing 20% of the time will mean that you may run out of mana as mana is expended for those swings but you get nothing back. Can't hurt for life leech too.

Inner force: nice regen from shaper getting up there, Inner force itself gives us more dps from our damage auras, and 1% extra block from tempest shield. Considering how rare block is when aiming for max (75%), 1% is worth considering as it will save the exalts necessary to get a better corruption on an amulet. All in all, hard to beat for the six points.

Edit... typos
Last edited by Sovyn on Feb 7, 2015, 2:25:18 AM
Update on weapon testing :

Doryani's - Pros: a little more dps. Cons - Mana leech - seem to have more trouble keeping mana up in 50%/no regen maps. Was able to keep mana up in 50% regen maps no problem with old weapon (slower, higher PDPS). I think with Doryani's I lose dps in those specific maps. Mobility - leap slam is terrible compared to whirling blades + 20/20 faster attacks - IMHO (cannot be used with mace). Handy for getting over gaps, that's it, otherwise way too clunky and unreliable (can pound the key repeatedly and nothing happens, par for the course with this skill). Reflect - elemental reflect a slight issue, not too bad though, smallest con.

High PDPS claw - Pros - reflect of either kind not much of an issue as dps is better balanced between phys and ele. Cons - 3% Life leech does not seem as good as Doryanis' 1% elemental leech as I do more elemental damage than physical with static strike + auras.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info