[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:

1) You need 2% mana leech on an item. Slitherpinch or a ring.

2) Your chest has terrible stats. I tried to tell you a cheap way to solve that. :) (Alchemy/scour/repeat, on a cheap high ilvl chest)

Im gona try to get a better chest then, well the Alchemy/scour/Alchemy/... is a bit expensive for me yet :P but still you are right!Should i buy an evasion or an armor chest!?
Thanks for the reply man. I didn't fully read the entire guide. :(
"
fak1t wrote:

Im gona try to get a better chest then, well the Alchemy/scour/Alchemy/... is a bit expensive for me yet :P but still you are right!Should i buy an evasion or an armor chest!?

Nvm i used 1 alchemy and there we go :P

"
fak1t wrote:

Nvm i used 1 alchemy and there we go :P

Yep, there you go! Good job.
Wow, this has got to be the longest running build on these forums.

I had a respec, so I used it on my Duelist to get to this build (RT/Ondar/Capped Block Chance).

But a couple questions:

1) Even with Manaleech on Rings, I cannot run Grace/Hatred and permaleech without running oom. I can do something like Hatred/Herald, but I need a bit of mana left over.

2) After 1.2, isn't this better with a Duelist? I remember you saying that the advantage of a Templar was that it was closer to 2 big block circles, but now one of those block circles has been moved to Duelistland.

Tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQABS0JMxDwErwUUhUgGbQaOButG8gj9iftKk0s6TWSPC094j8nR35I7kp9SshNkk99UWBT31b6WNtZ814TYEtjF2VNZp5noGqTbBZuaW6qcql07XfXeu982X7ifyuAVoTZhO-HGYd2jX2QCpBVmSubLZuDo4qnhKmVrKqsr6-itfK3PrfTvYG-p8APwBrDhsS4xPbGrsrT0TbSTdXt1fjWitfL2L3dDeIs55HuDvJa9Ub60vv8_Ev8xf4K

Gear:

Last edited by K0rrupted on Sep 9, 2014, 11:09:21 PM
"
K0rrupted wrote:

1) Even with Manaleech on Rings, I cannot run Grace/Hatred and permaleech without running oom. I can do something like Hatred/Herald, but I need a bit of mana left over.

2) After 1.2, isn't this better with a Duelist? I remember you saying that the advantage of a Templar was that it was closer to 2 big block circles, but now one of those block circles has been moved to Duelistland.

Hi K0rrupted. :)

1) No problem here. Suggest trading for level 19-20 reduced mana for the auras. Some mana regen on gear can't hurt. Finally, a quality concentrated effect.

2) Duelist will work, as will ranger, marauder, scion, or even witch, but none of these will be quite as optimized as the build I have prepared in the guide.
went in and tried azitri agian,
vaal was fine this time as they were spaced apart and not on top of one another, died to me being bad on the trio, definitely seems doable, but by no means "easy"

IGN Dseeed
"
Saiti wrote:
definitely seems doable, but by no means "easy"

Agreed, it's not easy for anyone the first time. (I've watched several videos/streams)
"
Sovyn wrote:

Hi K0rrupted. :)

1) No problem here. Suggest trading for level 19-20 reduced mana for the auras. Some mana regen on gear can't hurt. Finally, a quality concentrated effect.

2) Duelist will work, as will ranger, marauder, scion, or even witch, but none of these will be quite as optimized as the build I have prepared in the guide.

Hello :)

1) Yeah, the mana regen did it. I respecced 2 points into Mana Flows (and have a Sat Divine Mana Flask just in case), and now I don't have the problems anymore. I'll respec out of them when I have a higher level Red Mana and a Qual Conc Effect.

Updated Tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQABS0JMxDwErwUUhUgGbQaOButG8gj9iftKk0s6TWSPC094j8nR35I7kp9SshNkk99UWBT31b6WNtZ814TYEtjF2VNZp5noGqTbBZuaW6qcql07XfXeu982X7ifyuAVoTZhO-HGYd2jX2QCpBVmSubLZuDo4qnhKmVrKqsr6-itfK3PrfTvYG-p8APwBrDhsS4xPbGrsrT0TbSTdXt1fjWitfL2L3dDeIs55HuDvJa9Ub60vv8_Ev8xf4K

(Respecced out of Iron Whatever, the Block Recovery did not justify the travel nodes spent).

2) I think what bugs me about a Templar start is that the starting melee nodes are categorically inferior to those of the Marauder and Duelist. Scion's starting nodes are even worse, but at least the Scion is well-positioned for a build that criss-crosses the tree like this one.

Then again, Templar has a smoother leveling curve I think. The Marauder has a good start, but starts to falter when it leaves its starting area. The Duelist takes this logic to an extreme, having an amazing start that takes way to many travel nodes to leave.
Last edited by K0rrupted on Sep 9, 2014, 11:09:01 PM
"
K0rrupted wrote:

2) I think what bugs me about a Templar start is that the starting melee nodes are categorically inferior to those of the Marauder and Duelist. Scion's starting nodes are even worse, but at least the Scion is well-positioned for a build that criss-crosses the tree like this one.

Then again, Templar has a smoother leveling curve I think. The Marauder has a good start, but starts to falter when it leaves its starting area. The Duelist takes this logic to an extreme, having an amazing start that takes way to many travel nodes to leave.

All of the starts work, but overall the 120 point templar build has a little more of everything than the rest. But, it's close of course, I posted a duelist build a number of pages back when 1.2 came out at someone's request.

Edit, I found it, here.
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 10, 2014, 12:44:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info