[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hi Sovyn,

I followed your skill passive build and skill gems but I am totally stuck at Cruel Act 3. Currently I am level 49 Templar but I keep dying due to my elemental resist penalty. Although I have very high armour, I realised that my elemental resist took a great hit and hence my frequent deaths.

Should I respec to add more elemental resist? Please advise.
"
fedcoshark wrote:
How do you guys handle mana issues? I just switched out the level 8 unique that gives 2% mana leech and now I'm having trouble keeping up. Mana leech or blood magic are not options without suffering a significant dps loss on heavy strike.

I asked the same thing a page or two back, basically the answer is (more) mana leech on gear (which I'm lacking from gear).

Spoiler

I'm currently still running blood magic, but once I find some decent leech, coupled with a level or two in reduced mana, this should mean that there's enough mana to run the main attack and with the desired support gems.

IGN: Gumaru / Gumario / FoonNotSpork / Shield_For_Pants / Shockingly_Expensive
"
ajahajah wrote:
Hi Sovyn,

I followed your skill passive build and skill gems but I am totally stuck at Cruel Act 3. Currently I am level 49 Templar but I keep dying due to my elemental resist penalty. Although I have very high armour, I realised that my elemental resist took a great hit and hence my frequent deaths.

Should I respec to add more elemental resist? Please advise.

Mate you probably shouldn't need to use the passive tree to respec, as this would most likely prove costly.

There are a number of nodes in the tree which are +res while wearing a shield, so make sure you do pick those up if you can, makes end game much easier.

The easiest work around would be focusing on +res gear, or leveling up a purity aura alongside grace and determination. This really shouldn't be too difficult as the build is quite lenient gear and gem wise.
"
Saviourself wrote:
Sion, can you support a +fire dmg gem in your 5L? I'm guessing that since your axe is pure physical, the mana leech on your slithers should be able to keep you up. Make sure that you have a 10-15 mana gap between the cast cost and the total mana available.

Also, I'd hazard a guess that you picked multistrike over cast when taking dmg. You might have shorted yourself there because all your defensive casts (which take mana and interrupt your attacks) have to be manually cast rather than autocast for zero mana.

Other than that, mebbe look in to +% dmg (belt is the most obvious source of this).

In other news, had some luck yesterday when I finally hocked some legacy FB's for 6 exalts! Resulted in a substantial set of upgrades which leaves my tri-res just shy on lightning but otherwise capped (saved a talent point as well which finally got me to Ondar's Guile), completely free of blood magic and running two cast on dmg taken gems...

Sort of alternating between HS (which is a 15% quality lucky find) and Infernal seeing which one I like better.

In short, I'm a freaking fortress. Admittedly, a fortress that needs a better weapon.

List of stuff still to "fix", better hat/rings/shield/weapon, but I should be a bit more capable of farming the crap outta maps now.

Well funny enough. I do just run out of mana on with added fire damage. But this is because I have 63 mana reserved with 2 auras and it would cost 37 mana with a 5 link. But then if I run one Aura its possible, But which one should I drop? I have 3.5k Armor in town and 1.9k Evasiob. What aura should I drop because I run Determination and Grace. Also I have CODT Just it is leveled up abit. I found multistrike as a drop. (CODT is linked up with molten shell on my slithers.

Yeah Sovyn I know you told me just I am not on the brightest side and got my exams coming and everything you told me in game like a week or so ago has kinda slipped out. I was just confused as to how people got 30k :D but yeah DMG rings, belt ( I remember Sovyn telling me ) and a better weapom for 1 - 2 ex. and until then. Farming maps :D sorry for being an idiot just thought the build had more DPS than this. But at the start of the build when you said that its really defensive but also has enough DPS to farm maps. I didn't think you meant 6k but its good for me and it can only get better now. Just wanted to be told that I wasnt doing something stupid :)

I tried added fire damage once again, It does work but every so often when I got a big pack and when the mob dies where my cursor is sometimes I use my mana there (no mana leech on air) xD and then have to auto attack once to start leeching again. I think I just need to get used to things but it does work yes in all fairness. Just gunna map it up now, get currency and upgrade my gear but also am I able to get decent fire res rings with decently nice added phyical dmg? the belt isnt an issue.. get a real nice 24% phys dmg with fire resist for like 5 - 10 chaos or how much there worth :D atleast I can map aha :X just need to know though guys how I can possibly even go 6l with 2 auras too? for when I get my BOR..
Last edited by siontheman on Nov 12, 2013, 3:31:01 AM
Good morning everyone. My friend solved my "DPS problem". He bought this:

Now i have 6.1 DTS with DS on this
w\o Hatred.
About mana issues. I found this maybe in the start of cruel diff:
and 2% with decent DPS of that times was enough, because till the end of cruel i used my HeavyS as secondary attack. Also Clarity with blood magic attached was very helpfull.
Hello fellow lazy pallys. First off, a massive thanks to Sovyn for the guide. My templar is my second most further character at level 47 and my fav thus far! My first build, a physical crit ranger, was too gear reliant and struggled to level 71, overleveling and unable to farm properly.

The lazy pally is able to tank and solo all of the places up to where I am at the moment, Act 3 Cruel, at an affordable budget. (Thanks to the guide, I also have a newfound appreciation for heavy strike!)

Edited out after clarification on CODT changes.
Last edited by Zaximus704 on Nov 12, 2013, 10:19:05 AM
Gonna figure out what to do with this character after the CwDT nerf hits tomorrow... probably will have to cast a few more things manually now, although endurance charges should still be okay.
So when the patch hits and changes the damage taken gem. How will you run it Sovyn?

Lvl 4 cast when damage taken
Lvl 7 enduring
LvL 7 enfeeble
Lvl 9 molten

?

Or is there combination of the gem levels?
"
fedcoshark wrote:
How do you guys handle mana issues? I just switched out the level 8 unique that gives 2% mana leech and now I'm having trouble keeping up. Mana leech or blood magic are not options without suffering a significant dps loss on heavy strike.

I use this lovely ring:

I crafted it. Took about 100 alts. (You can buy a better 2% leech ring for far less if you are willing to trade. Probably 1-2 chaos.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info