[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
siontheman wrote:
......it takes long to kill...

A couple seconds per trash mob is not a long time.

Survival is more important than damage on your first character.

Additionally, I can chip in that I have tried those supposed high DPS melee builds personally and I was unable to do more damage than my lazy pally without spending a pile of exalted. So both survivability AND damage was worse. *shrug*
thanks for this build!
"
Kane_Abyss wrote:
thanks for this build!

My pleasure, Kane_Abyss! Let us know if you have any questions. :)
Nice build. 179 pages is too much to ready, but answer me if you can:

Ondar's Guile is really useful? I didn't get why you picked it.
Last edited by disembowler on Nov 10, 2013, 9:33:54 PM
Hi templars, again...^^

Do you think there existe a "point break" for attack speed? Or if we love it we can maried here and take A LOT?
"
disembowler wrote:

Hi disembowler!

Yes, someday I should make a FAQ.

We take Ondar's because we have 30%+ evasion (I have 40% or so) and thus we have 60-80% chance to avoid projectiles.

This causes us to:

1) Not require expensive and rare chaos resist gear as most chaos damage is projectile based

2) Take far less damage in many maps which can be loaded with projectile monster types

It makes the difference between getting hit and not getting hit.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
disembowler wrote:

Hi disembowler!

Yes, someday I should make a FAQ.

We take Ondar's because we have 30%+ evasion (I have 40% or so) and thus we have 60-80% chance to avoid projectiles.

This causes us to:

1) Not require expensive and rare chaos resist gear as most chaos damage is projectile based

2) Take far less damage in many maps which can be loaded with projectile monster types

It makes the difference between getting hit and not getting hit.

With those numbers, it makes senses.

I have a lvl 73 templar, which i was playing some months ago, so i got a chance to respect all my points

I had a 1h Mace/shield LS templar, so i found that your build was the closest one to mine (i mean, to update it, i don't know the new nerfs and new patches)

So, the point is, I did your build (have some 7 points left to choose) and I only have 10% chance 10% evasion, so, 10%x2 is pure shit haha, but i guess it's my gear...
"
Styrkor wrote:
Hi templars, again...^^

Do you think there existe a "point break" for attack speed? Or if we love it we can maried here and take A LOT?

I don't think attack speed would ever go to waste. I always recommend a fast weapon and of course we do take quite a bit of attack speed on the tree by the end game. The build feels more effective with a high attack speed.
"
disembowler wrote:
.........but i guess it's my gear...

Yes, all problems with the build come down to that. :)

I recommend a high (400++) evasion, high block (37-38%) buckler and Grace aura. That will take care of your evasion and blocking and you can focus on armour everywhere else.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
siontheman wrote:

with everything all in all would you say my DPS is fine for the build? obviously I just need gear, but for a starter character I think its fine for my first char in Wraeclast. But I think I am looking for something more aggressive with abit of defence. A Marauder! but yes would you say my templar just needs gear? I mean he just doesn't die but its just DPS which can only get better through gear? and maybe links? but I cant run 2 auras and have over 6k dps anyway because of mana reserved

using like 4 things linked, makes like 37 mana cost and I only got like 60 left to use with 2 auras so im kinda screwed xD I guess I could drop Determination and take up Hatred and Grace? Im not sure

Your DPS is fine for a physical damage tank. Other builds are doing to die, and die, and die some more in Merciless and Maps. Unless you play dual totem or something. Talk about boring.

I don't see why you can't chain your skill at 37 mana cost with 60 mana. Just need 2% mana leech on gear.

My skill costs 28 mana and I have 57 mana available.

Comparing it to what you said back here, I understand now what you meant because I rolled a Marauder using the nooby build that I saw for 1.0.0, and from actually playing the build at a reasonable level I can now see how tanky and how viable your build is compared to the Marauder. I am taking your word and fully agree that I just need to gain currency, I will continue playing with Marauder none the less and see how it goes then I will play my Templar more :D I kinda want a selection of chars and choose the one I want to play the most. And I must say atm your build is winning 100%. and I dont really even need to run Determination if I dont want to I should just run Grace and then use splash or some other link to add damage.

I am very sorted now, But what kinda of way can I go from here? like what would be better to get to improve my DPS? would you say saving around 10 chaos or an 1 ex and buying a weapon? my wep has 117% phyical dmg and 140 - 218 on it, costed me 1 GCP but its worth around 3 - 4 I am sure, it has some fire resist too but I doubt that is relevent on a scale of what you guys say is good I know how good that is. When I bought it my friends said it was really good but I was goofed as to why my dps was as high as it was but now I know I just gotta farm :D thanks guys but Yeah what sort of things should I get to increase DPS and maintain defensives?
Last edited by siontheman on Nov 11, 2013, 7:59:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info