Races every hour(s)

After living a few race seasons, I've noticed reasonable complaints by people who have less time to play, by people who live in different time zones and by people who wish X type of race was more common.

If we have races going all the time with no dead hours I believe that is fixed and the big BIG prizes become possible. If my memory does not fail me, I think only like 30 people got 1000 points in previous race season, which shouldnt surprise anyone.

To do so one needs not only to be very good, but needs to have way too much free time, hell, I bet some even get their alarm clock going to wake up at X and Y times to not a miss a race.

Seriously, what's so bad about giving everyone the possibility to get more prizes in the race bar? it does not take the prizes away from the top racers, which get demigods and whatnot.

It just makes everyone happy!

I understand however if the case is that GGG cannot afford to do so due to server stability/cost (I know nothing about these BTW).

EDIT: if needed more prizes (more variety too) for top players in each race/end of race season should be awarded, to increase variety and not let good racers feel like they are being discriminated.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jul 8, 2014, 12:40:42 PM
point system and season ladder need rework imo
Remember Season 2....
"
Hilbert wrote:
Remember Season 2....

I didnt play back then, care to elaborate, please?
Oblivious
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:
Remember Season 2....

After season one's 109 races, there was feedback asking for a lot more races. For season 2, they made it 2.4x as many (260). Some players complained that there were now too many races - players that wanted to play every single one. So they have settled on an amount somewhere in the middle.

Instead of... filling the schedule even more to the brim (adjusting the season thresholds appropriately), so that no one can play every race and everyone is happy.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
"
unsane wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:
Remember Season 2....

After season one's 109 races, there was feedback asking for a lot more races. For season 2, they made it 2.4x as many (260). Some players complained that there were now too many races - players that wanted to play every single one. So they have settled on an amount somewhere in the middle.

Instead of... filling the schedule even more to the brim (adjusting the season thresholds appropriately), so that no one can play every race and everyone is happy.

Ideally there would be races nonstop throughout the entire season. And the points system should never have been linear in the first place.
IGN: KoTao
Correct a filled shedule with many different race modes and a pointsystem only rewarding the best x raceresults throughout a season or an ELO system.

Not this "DO EL/DC/Burst/60-90 min race or die" shedule.

Signature Races are pointless if the class results reflect the amount of participation to find certain rare or certain gem.

But those things have been suggested over and over again without a single reaction.

"
janimauk wrote:
point system and season ladder need rework imo

Yeah, i just started racing myself and im already asking myself why.
I could spend the time and efford on a longer lasting char.
The darkness looms forebodingly...
Last edited by Corpseshock on Jul 13, 2014, 1:01:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info