Descent Champions

Can we have the 1 hour version back please? Its like since its more linear the pros get farther than ever and i couldnt even get to lvl 8 after i died twice to Rukuku. Wouldnt it make sense that when its more linear to make it a bit longer so even the casuals get a bit farther?

*Post about the swords being OP to get higher level*

It is pretty frustrating how much monster rng comes into a factor now. It's safe to say even majority of the "pros" arent happy at all with the current DC.
"
terrex wrote:
*Post about the swords being OP to get higher level*

It is pretty frustrating how much monster rng comes into a factor now. It's safe to say even majority of the "pros" arent happy at all with the current DC.

I dont even know what you mean but they should make mob density slightly high or something, i had like 2 chambers or so that were basically empty and then 5 avians.
"
Can we have the 1 hour version back please? Its like since its more linear the pros get farther than ever and i couldnt even get to lvl 8 after i died twice to Rukuku. Wouldnt it make sense that when its more linear to make it a bit longer so even the casuals get a bit farther?

If the race was even longer anyone on Witch or Templar could full-clear every zone, even players with no racing experience at all, so ultimately anyone could win the race, regardless of skill.

Is that what you want? Undermine the competitive aspect of the game even more? They have already made the race trivially easy for most classes (except ranger/shadow), you get points even if you die and the point brackets are extremely generous if you play witch/templar.

What more do you want? Racing has never been as casual and easy as it is now, if you just stay away from the classes that actually aren't easy to play and just faceroll with witch or templar you could easily get any reward you would want.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
SlixSC wrote:
"

If the race was even longer anyone on Witch or Templar could full-clear every zone, even players with no racing experience at all, so ultimately anyone could win the race, regardless of skill.

Is that what you want? Undermine the competitive aspect of the game even more? They have already made the race trivially easy for most classes (except ranger/shadow), you get points even if you die and the point brackets are extremely generous if you play witch/templar.

What more do you want? Racing has never been as casual and easy as it is now, if you just stay away from the classes that actually aren't easy to play and just faceroll with witch or templar you could easily get any reward you would want.

Do you stream or keep videos of your races? Would love to learn some tactics from you. (^∇^)
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael
Powered by 2015 Alienware 17" R2 laptop · Standard League · BLÔW Guild · Bird-Day - Aug 7, 2012
人生はただのゲームだ。楽しむために生きろ。勝利をつかむため遊べ。人生に勝ち、そして喜ぶために生きろ。o(^▽^)o ♪
"
NotACuckRoach wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:
"

Do you stream or keep videos of your races? Would love to learn some tactics from you. (^∇^)

I don't stream and I only play on alt-accounts.

edit: If you want to learn how to race, there are tons of good streams out there. Mors for marauder, helman for several classes, janimauk for casters, boof for everything, terrex for boredom, etc...
Last edited by SlixSC on Jun 22, 2014, 3:20:26 AM
"
SlixSC wrote:

His posts were full of nonsense last I checked. Think he was telling Terrex that he was doing something wrong lmao.

And I'm sure you saw his "argument" about the ranger advantage.
Last edited by Lyralei on Jun 22, 2014, 4:24:52 AM
"
Lyralei wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

It's like a person with perfect eye-sight walking up to a blind person going "What do you have to complain about... you should be happy you are blind. I actually think being blind is an advantage, because you never have to look at all the shit I have to look at."

Or a person with perfectly functioning legs walking up to some wheelchair-bound kid going "what is your problem? You should be HAPPY you can't walk, because that way you never have to use any energy actually walking. Come to think about it I would love to be wheelchair-bound aswell, it has so many advantages."

But of course the irony is that the people saying ranger/shadow are fine are the same people who would NEVER even consider playing one of the weaker classes. Hypocrisy in the extreme.

"
Lyralei wrote:
"
SlixSC wrote:

His posts were full of nonsense last I checked. Think he was telling Terrex that he was doing something wrong lmao.

Must be nice being a jerk to people who have a different opinion than you. And thanks for not posting something more useful for the purpose of the thread.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info