PVP/DUELING idea?

Hey POE community,

Im sure you all are aware that not many people duel/pvp each other, and that most people you send a duel invite to just rejects it cause they wanna farm and get items/levels.

There is not that much PVP action going on except for the occasional guys who accept your duel invitation and once they see how strong you are just leave and dont bother finishing the round. One of the big reason is that you dont get exp/loot from participating in PVP.

My suggestion to having more people to participate is have some sort of pvp shop. A shop where you can buy items with PVP points that you get from beating another opponent. Items like special effects like micro transactions and give your item a new look or put in some capes to distinguish your rank in PVP(how many kills you got). There would be like tier capes, so you need this many points and this many kills to buy this cape and the higher the points go the more awesome looking your char would look.

The above that i mentioned was mainly for Low lvl PVP. For higher lvl pvp there can be an option to buy some sort of orb from the shop. This orb once used (cant trade it) will give u a percent exp to your char. Most high lvls dont want to pvp since they not getting exp and this orb thing is a great way for them to lvl up their chars while pvping.

Other items you can include are like other orbs, but these orbs you once you open give you currency items like a few chaos or maybe an exalt.(no mirrors ofc)

To get the points, you would have to do 1v1 so kills that you get in the sarn arena dont count since its pretty much a cluster f*ck of people spamming their skills and steal other peoples kills. To prevent farming of these points/kills there should be a way to prevent the people from killing the same afk person over and over again.

ex
Player A and Player B dueling each other. Player A wins and gets points. Player B gets 1 point for participating. Player A and B can still duel again, but neither one of them will get points. There should be a 30mins to a 1 hour wait time for them to face each other again AND receive kills/points.

Last idea i have at the moment is the person standing in front of the sarn arena entrance cacn be the shops guy and beside him can be a chart where people can see who has the most kills, the best KDR etc..

I know this does seem like alot with everything that you are doing to improve the game but hey, why not give it a try :P

thanks for reading all the stuff i have wrote so far and if you have any feedback to this and comments please post below. thanks again

"
ChainBlade wrote:

There is not that much PVP action going on except for the occasional guys who accept your duel invitation and once they see how strong you are just leave and dont bother finishing the round. One of the big reason is that you dont get exp/loot from participating in PVP.

^ That made me laugh. LLD is actually as big as its ever been right now. You may have just been missing out on the action yourself: www.poearena.com

As for the idea of getting pvp points and unlocking stuff: This is in GGG's plans. It will resemble racing and how you get points to unlock special alternate art gear. I do like the idea of special mtx especially because pvpers like to pimp their char but: alt art gear is essentially like an mtx because of the 3d art except you can trade it; so i prefer alt art.

Lastly: for player capes. I think this should come out as some form of reward for guild on guild action. They did say their pvp and race events would affect some kind of guild ranking or guild xp where your guild could unlock certain neat features. I know me and my friends immediatly thought that they could be refering to unlocking some kind of guild sigil or cape.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Jun 20, 2014, 10:12:49 PM
I was also reffering to high LvLs aswell but i started playing LLD, found a guild who are all about LLD and its so much fun! And ye i signed up at poearena aswell recently, just have to get a good build working properly and ill sign up for the nxt tournament/event that'll be hosted
Nice man. If your on HC hit us up, we are looking for players in our guild.

As for tournaments; after the invitational for the ladder folks, there will be a teams tournament!
IGN: @GreenDude
No im in softcore, on ambush. Already made some LLD chars and looks pretty good

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info