Why This Game Should Be Sold Retail?

"PvP tournaments start soon!" This has been on my account page for how long now???

And this is why. You guys are just trying to suck the Role Playing nerds dry with micro transactions and you don't care about the casual pvpers who have social lives and jobs.

*Every single update has a new micro transaction.
*Every other update has a new skill gem or support gem.
*Those gems will eventually have a micro transaction for them as well.
*No updates for pvp
*Instead of fixing broken skills you come out with new ones?????

I get it, you need micro transactions to fund yourselves. Instead of ruining such a great game with too many skills, updating stuff that doesn't need it, and never updating stuff that does. All because you have make a profit..

Why don't you just sell the game Retail for $60
I would gladly pay $60 for this game if i knew that it would be the great game it once was.
And if you guys actually listened to the players like you used to.

It's been close to 6 months since i last played POE. Occasionally glancing at the news page to see if you guys have done anything to make me wanna come back.

I know that if i hop on my pvp char ill get bored and stop. Or can't find a match.

I know that if i hop on my PVE char it will be for nothing since PVP almost doesn't exist And i only PVE when getting gear for my PVP chars.

This game now has no playability for a PVP based player....
Just as I had feared, this game has become another Diablo 3 tragedy
IGN Oprahs_Gynecologist
[Removed by Support]

Selling the game at retail would have been a good idea, they even admitted that. But its too late now. If you honestly think that boat isnt sailed,[Removed by Support]
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by Support on Jun 17, 2014, 2:39:11 PM
how is it too late??what makes you think it's too late?
IGN Oprahs_Gynecologist
I answered that question but support nerfed me. It was rude but true. Anyway im not retyping all that.
IGN: @GreenDude
This game's PvP could be great, but it would take a considerable amount of work. First, it would have to be decoupled from the gear grind of PvE so people could actually play it without spending months looking for good enough items (and the continuing grind-tax whenever strong new items are introduced, like with corruption). Then, the networking system would have to be changed for PvP specifically (keeping a small number of entities in sync very consistently, vs the current system, which has major flaws for PvP and in some cases (cyclone, etc) completely breaks). With those two things, people could actually play the game (and have accurate info about what's happening) and the balance could finally be looked at and worked on.

I don't expect to see any of that ever happen though; they don't even care enough to read this forum, let alone reply here. Until it gets attention from them (we can't fix those things) it's going to remain a casual time-sink and not anything resembling a competitive game.

Last edited by MrEnzyme on Jun 19, 2014, 1:12:24 PM
If the game would be sold for 60$ they would make even less money they do by selling support packs.

"
*Every single update has a new micro transaction.
*Every other update has a new skill gem or support gem.
*Those gems will eventually have a micro transaction for them as well.

What do you expect would happen?

They create a game a game that's more of a trading instanced small party MMOPRG or how I call it an Asiagrinder.
A game that's designed to piss off most players within 2 weeks.

And literally everything will be ripped off from Diablo 2 or other MMORPGs.
If I enter for example Corrupting Blood I find WoW.

Most devs never played real ARPGs but many MMORPGs.

The devs never did serious PVP.

"

*No updates for pvp
*Instead of fixing broken skills you come out with new ones?????

Come on there will never be serious PVP.
And not just the skills are broken the entire Skilltree is.

What's the point creating one shot mechanics in a game with reduction and evasion?
Designing content for 75+% resists?

This is all wrong.
Then you got a mechanic calling critical multiplier which is far more effective than base damage nodes, what's the big idea behind that?

Other games limit such mechanics to prevent this. But PoE Attack/Cast Speed maxing, Crit Chance+Multiplier maxing and your damage will skyrocket yay.....

"Infinite builds" you can literally trash 50% of the free because nobody takes those nodes.
Tree node updates mainly include some clusters put in without a big idea.

The balance devs receive feedback that Glacial Hammer is broken in CT and only interpret:"We must reduce damage?" and after their fix they still receive the same feedback.
Maybe read all feedback and find out that players hate getting freeze locked.
Once somebody passes 1,5 APS there is no way to beat Glacial Hammer(Antifreeze items aside)

The conclusion is that the Balanceteam got not a single clue what they do.

I will tell you what will happen with PVP Tournaments.
They will happen, when the game got even less players than now and have got less than 250 participants after the 20 Tournament.

Of course they will introduce shiny PVP MTX to get even more money and you can hear MTX sounds like "Multi Kill, Killing Spree, Monster Kill..."(5$ each sound)

The best reaction you can get out of the devs is by spamming the announcements with "FIRST" and other shit that lead to bans one decade ago.
Obviously someone still reads the PvP Feedback forum ---> [Removed by Support]

I hope everyone quits playing pvp... Then I will be the best pvper.
just gonna remind you guys that block chance and rigtheous fire were serious problems and i really could expect that more time could pass before it got fixed. and see how fast after so lil time, ppl is now complaining about crit builds being out of range... this is not a safe enviroment for official tourneys believe me
"
GreenDude wrote:
I answered that question but support nerfed me. It was rude but true. Anyway im not retyping all that.

You should put it on poearena :)
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info