DC: Ranger and the Halls 3 gamble

This is just getting really silly.

You see rangers in DC die at around lvl 20-21 all the time and the only reason is that you cannot safely farm halls 3 as Ranger on low lit res and have absolutely no way of getting res from the passive tree.

I've said this already last season, but I'll just say it again, arcers need to go or ranger needs passive resists on the tree.

As it stands it's just a massive gamble. If you roll lit res and get few arcers -> record, if you don't roll lit res and get assaulted by arcers you are fucked.

This is the third race in a row where I'm on record setting pace with several minutes left and die at 20.5 because the game refuses to roll lit res on gear pieces.

It's honestly frustrating that the final zone is such a massive gear check and the only way you will come anywhere close to setting a record is by getting retardedly lucky.

Not to mention how pathetic it is that this is the second sig I won not even hitting lvl 21 and dying several minutes before the race ends.

Ranger is such a shit class and 100% gamble, why not just roll a dice and decide the winner that way and cut all the bullshit about rolling lit res gear.

edit: I mean think about how crazy that is, I'm going into the race with my only thought being "I wonder how many arcers I get in halls3 this time and if I can get more than 10 lit res".

The race up until halls3 is so trivially easy and once you get to Halls3 its just a pure gear check.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Jun 16, 2014, 1:04:22 AM
racing devs: tl;dr
Last edited by janimauk on Jun 16, 2014, 9:05:17 AM
Pretty sure this is how Halls 3 works for every class.

Did you get a blue pack of crit arcers? gg no re.
"
Kheffin wrote:
Pretty sure this is how Halls 3 works for every class.

Did you get a blue pack of crit arcers? gg no re.

Not at all. Not even close actually.

Ranger is pretty much the worst class for Halls3 almost by a landslide.

Ranger loses out to all classes with passive resists on the tree by default (templar, marauder, etc..) and ALL caster classes on top of that, because caster classes can save all the currency for resist gear, whereas as ranger you almost have to continually upgrade your weapon and sometimes blow several alchs/chaos that way, which in turn results in you having substantially less currency to roll resist gear later on.

If they really wanted to balance the classes for halls3 they would either have to give ranger passive resists or substantially more currency than caster classes. But as it stands right now ranger pretty much gets the double middle-finger.
Last edited by SlixSC on Jun 16, 2014, 3:17:11 PM
The problem is the arcers. Ive had a run with scion where i had 750~ life, 50-60 positive lit res and a topaz flask, went round a corner, got offscreened by a large pack of blue arcers and was triple shocked and dead before i could hit my topaz.

Unavoidable ranged skills are generally bad design and arcs one of the worst of them.
IGN: KoTao
"
KoTao wrote:
The problem is the arcers. Ive had a run with scion where i had 750~ life, 50-60 positive lit res and a topaz flask, went round a corner, got offscreened by a large pack of blue arcers and was triple shocked and dead before i could hit my topaz.

Unavoidable ranged skills are generally bad design and arcs one of the worst of them.

Right and now imagine the same scenario on ranger where you have 0 passive res on the tree. It amplifies the problem even more. If classes that have passive resists can get destroyed by off-screen arcers, just imagine playing a class that has 0 access to passive resists and imagine how much worse that is. (not to mention the lower life total u generally have as ranger)

Halls3 is just a terrible gamble and as usual ranger gets the shit end of the stick even there.
Last edited by SlixSC on Jun 16, 2014, 6:44:46 PM
There are resist nodes for rangers between the shadow/ranger tree....
"
Rithz wrote:
There are resist nodes for rangers between the shadow/ranger tree....

lel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info