Highest dps possible for 2H LLD Weapons?

(Pillar of Caged God does not Count.)

So I was wondering if anyone knew what the highest Pdps possible for a 2H Weapon could be. As most people should have figured out by now, Geofri is garbage compared to Gilded Axes with an amazing roll, and it seems that Gilded Axes can roll DPS thats way better than any of the other weapons, including 2H Swords.

So far I have only seen 5 or so 2H Rares that are over 200 DPS, and 2 Axes around 240-250 DPS. (Pdps.)

I own one of them and that guy that made the "Simple 2H Axe Marauder guide" on poearena.com owns the other one.

I would really love to see a Royal Staff with over 200 Pdps, if anyone owns one, but im afraid that it is not possible, which puts some weapons in a "They will suck no matter what" position.

Link ur 2H Rares here please. (LLD)

Nice axe!

I'm not sure what types actually roll the highest pdps, and perhaps your right that gilded are,

but keep in mind that passive trees affect ur tooltip a lot in the end. I believe a 2hand sword with block pen nodes and the strong sword nodes by the ranger could potentially compete for output damage.

offtopic: do you feel like the 8% blind is worth it on ur flicker? Does it re-roll per multistrike hit? and even if it does, is 3x8% blind worth the link/mana cost when it has low chance and many llders have RT. I'm not trash talking your build im genuinely curious about your thoughts on it.
IGN: @GreenDude
"
GreenDude wrote:
Nice axe!

I'm not sure what types actually roll the highest pdps, and perhaps your right that gilded are,

but keep in mind that passive trees affect ur tooltip a lot in the end. I believe a 2hand sword with block pen nodes and the strong sword nodes by the ranger could potentially compete for output damage.

offtopic: do you feel like the 8% blind is worth it on ur flicker? Does it re-roll per multistrike hit? and even if it does, is 3x8% blind worth the link/mana cost when it has low chance and many llders have RT. I'm not trash talking your build im genuinely curious about your thoughts on it.

I dunno about HC builds, but very few SC LLD builds use RT.

The highest theoretically possible dps on a Gilded Axe in LLD is 313 pDPS, realistically though that's probably in the high 200s. (Because the 313 requires 4 perfect top tier mods.)
ก็็็็็็็็็็IGN:Varanice(90 EA Marauder); Aura_Amoureux (8X LL Aurastack Cyclone Scion)
Softore Shop Thread #665265 -Uniques, Race Rewards, Gems, and more.
I also play LLD PvP in SC, and race as Witch or occasionally Scion.
www.twitch.tv/varanice
Last edited by Varanice on May 22, 2014, 7:19:17 PM
I have some good staffs.

some of these are ilvl 60+ so they can be 6 linked too. I didnt post my hammers which are on friends accounts atm. Not the best but definitely functional besides the coil, that ones beasttttt.

also some of these have some good craft potential but I am lazy! IN B4 FIGHTGARR POSTS 2HANDED ORNATE SWORD OF DOOM!
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on May 23, 2014, 12:00:38 AM
Axes have no implicit mod thus they have a higher base damage than any other type to compensate(fun fact i know!). However Swords with block Pen nodes will generally always do more damage just because they are actually dealing "real" damage as apposed to just tool tip damage switch generally speaking gets blocked. 40% block pen against a plain Crest might as well be 16% More damage if that makes sense, but hey! not everyone uses crest right? we are talking about 2hs ;)

O ya Fightgarrs 2h Sword is GG (Excalibur)
Last edited by Lordsidro on May 23, 2014, 1:38:20 AM

Spoiler

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ DPS or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

edit:

Below are the theoretical max dps calculations for 2H melee weapons

Last edited by dzordzo on May 23, 2014, 3:33:39 AM
@GreenDude

I just could not find anything usefull to link to flicker otherwise, so I picked blind because it has no mana cost. I dont need Additional Accuracy because I use RT.

Plz note that im using this axe on a Templar, which is quite unusual I know.

No Phys :(
"
dzordzo wrote:

Spoiler

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ DPS or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

edit:

Below are the theoretical max dps calculations for 2H melee weapons

These numbers seem a little bit higher than my calculations. Are you sure that you are adding the 20% quality as an additive multiplier with the IPD%?
ก็็็็็็็็็็IGN:Varanice(90 EA Marauder); Aura_Amoureux (8X LL Aurastack Cyclone Scion)
Softore Shop Thread #665265 -Uniques, Race Rewards, Gems, and more.
I also play LLD PvP in SC, and race as Witch or occasionally Scion.
www.twitch.tv/varanice
S1 Europe LLD champion :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info