clblamt ??

just got into racing last season and spent quite a bit more time with it this season. slowly improving and enjoying the challenges presented by the different types of races.

however, I tried my first clblamt race last night and lost 5 characters before even reaching lvl 3. I did ok slowly working past the initial mobs but then always ran into a group of blues that liked to throw their little rocks. little rocks meaning a quick death by stoning.

tried mainly ranged characters - ranger, scion, witch thinking that melee was going to be next to impossible with blood magic running.

any suggestions that anyone could provide on how to approach this race format would be very much appreciated. thanks
there is no approach to this race u take it slow and pray for easy mobs in later zones
"
kendo3 wrote:
however, I tried my first clblamt race last night and lost 5 characters before even reaching lvl 3. I did ok slowly working past the initial mobs but then always ran into a group of blues that liked to throw their little rocks. little rocks meaning a quick death by stoning.

tried mainly ranged characters - ranger, scion, witch thinking that melee was going to be next to impossible with blood magic running.

Presumably this refers to ELBLAMT. The best way to approach this race is to try and never ever get hit. Find a pack of multiple blue ranged monsters? Offscreen them. Exit if you have to, run back and offscreen them. Kite them backwards. Use Quicksilvers.

I've done 5 ELBLAMTs now and am damn good at them, yet still died 4 times in the last one, before getting L8 on the 5th. Even the guy who finished first died 4 times. It's a tough race, but it sounds like you have a good starting approach to it.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
Last edited by unsane on May 7, 2014, 12:19:54 AM
Nothing tough, pure rng. I got to 2nd zone at first try and all i get is blue flicker pack at the entrance that hit me for 70 hp. Then I couldn't attack totem 2 times in a row, then I killed it... and got exploding totem right at the other side of the hill.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Last edited by jstq on May 7, 2014, 1:31:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info