Endless Corruption + Shrine idea for Endless races

Surprised this hasn't been thought of as a race format. This would never be competitive as far as I can see, but would be a fun race.

Have most of the Vaal Gems drop alongside everything else that would drop from the starting chest in Endless Ledge. HAve the bosses be Corrupted side zone bosses - since these are already supposed to scale appropriately with level, this shouldn't be a problem, and if anything will make balance issues more apparent with some of their damage.

The option to have a Vaal Vessel with various amounts of loot in it for killing the boss is there as well. Guaranteed Vaal Orbs from these bosses could make things even more interesting.

Obviously, this race would never be competitive, but would make for an interesting fun race - especially to show off what corrupting items can do.

On a side note:
I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a guaranteed shrine at the start of each Endless zone that recharges flasks, but has a 2 minute cooldown and starts off uncharged. It's already been shown that there can be respawning shrines (Sarn Arena, where the shrine in the middle respawns with a random effect every minute or so). Since its at the start, players would have to log out to get there or run all the way back, and you would lose a lot of time anyways, so I don't really see the harm - plus, it would help deal with some of the terrible RNG with packs you can get in Endless Ledge. No matter how good of a racer you are, some packs in Endless Ledge can end a race on the spot if you didn't get lucky enough to get the drops to deal with it. The shrine gives enough to at least help people recover, but still has a punishment for using it in that it wastes time.

Perhaps needs to be ironed out a little more to make the shrine properly work, but I think it's better than the "oh, you ran into power charge dischargers in zone 4? Might as well reroll!"

Feel free to nitpick at whatever - this was just an idea I had last night.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
"
TheuberClips wrote:
Surprised this hasn't been thought of as a race format. This would never be competitive as far as I can see, but would be a fun race.

EL are never (and will never be) competitive, so this subtype fits in fine.

Vaal skills would be a blast in EL, thanks to the packsize.

The corrupted bosses wouldn't scale perfectly in longer EL (which they've mentioned they are working on). Because their skill pool increases at higher difficulty levels, and EL is always Normal, no matter how high you get. At level 35 you'd be facing a much easier version than intended.

I think it would be fun to have a really simple version of your idea, at least for starters: Vaal Endless Ledge: the starting chest additionally drops all level 1-4 Vaal gems.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
Season 8 Descent Corruption.....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info