PVP Season ?

I was wondering how many of you guys will be interested in a PVP League ? My buddies and I thinking about making a PVP League Website ( Simple Website ). Ideas so far to test:

Normal League
3 vs 3 Arena
8 Teams
Level 50 Cap
Entry Fee : 5 Chaos Orbs per Team
Each Team will Face Another Team once a Week ( for 7 weeks )
Top 4 Teams will go into Playoffs
Top 2 Teams will win Prize Pool
Captains from both Teams will Print Screen Results and send to Admin
After each week Every Team will send Passive Tree and List of Skills with Links to Admin ( This way the following opponent can " try " to prepare )

I want PVP so bad for POE. I believe this will help to create an E-Sport like environment. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks !
Why level 50 cap? The level 28 bracket exists in game and people have already made characters for it.
Good initiative however i dont agree on the part that we would need to show our tree and items/gems most pvper want to keep their build for themselves. Think about it this is like being counter terrorist and giving terrorist your mission map and exactly what you're gonna do. In pvp most players know what others are using just by playing against them and it just requires knowledge of the game and how pvp works, you should not enter pvp league unless you know it properly.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Thank You guys for the feedback !

"
MrEnzyme wrote:
Why level 50 cap? The level 28 bracket exists in game and people have already made characters for it.

Doesn't have to be level 50. We just want a level everyone can agree on. We just chose 50 as a good round number.

"
hauntworld1 wrote:
Good initiative however i dont agree on the part that we would need to show our tree and items/gems most pvper want to keep their build for themselves. Think about it this is like being counter terrorist and giving terrorist your mission map and exactly what you're gonna do. In pvp most players know what others are using just by playing against them and it just requires knowledge of the game and how pvp works, you should not enter pvp league unless you know it properly.

I agree everyone should know the PVP aspect. I was thinking this will allow the audience to be more engage. Will Team A adjust their build to counter Team C ( Example : Team A / Melee Heavy vs Team C / Range & Trap Heavy ). Plus this will allow teams to save currency ( maybe ? ) on re-rolling builds and items. Knowing who they are going against. Again just an idea.

Please keep asking or suggesting ideas !

I want to start a poll:
What should be the level Cap ?

If you're wanting to do low-level dueling, just use 28. People already have characters and it's already a thing. For tournament format, I'd say 2v2 or 3v3 would be best (2v2 much easier to get more teams involved) and a simple single elimination with 4 or 8 teams. We also play fairly regular LLD team games so this wouldn't be too much of a stretch.
Last edited by MrEnzyme on Mar 26, 2014, 1:10:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info